Trader Sam's Uh-oa bowl

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Does anyone know what edition Uh-oa bowl is available at Trader Sam's in the Poly right now? (Or are most of these mugs/bowls too hard to get?) And do they have any of the older versions left? I know you can get just the bowl in a box which is really helpful for bringing home. But can they give you the box if you do want the beverage as well? You can just wash it and pack later. :) And I know it's probably sacrilege, but I rarely drink and am a SUPER light-weight. Can I just ask them to make it weak or super weak for my sorry rump? Last time I got the Lapu-:app, I didn't have more than a few sips. it was WAY too strong for me.

OR, should I be asking what drinks currently come w/ ceramic mugs?

Last edited:
I don’t know what the current edition is. It is very uncommon that they have more than 1 edition available (on rare occasions when they find an old box, that may occur - but that is not common at all). And you don’t get the mug you drink out of at the bar. If you buy the mug, you are given a receipt to take up to the front of the bar. There, they will stamp the receipt and give you a new, clean mug in a box. As for the strength, yeah, they will make it weaker if you want. It won’t cost less, but they can hold back some of the alcohol if you ask.

Good idea. Two years ago we went to Tiki Terrace and I thought we would get a ceramic mug for our drinks. But they were plastic. Are some plastic and others ceramic? Did we just happen to order ones that are only plastic? I got the Pearl, and my DD got Poly Punch. My husband got the shrinkin head. It was served in a plain clear plastic cup, not the mug. Which was odd, since we paid the $30. We thought it would have been served in the head. Should we have taken the receipt inside to get the head? No one said that, and the other two drinks were served in plastic souvenir mugs.

I don’t know what the current edition is. It is very uncommon that they have more than 1 edition available (on rare occasions when they find an old box, that may occur - but that is not common at all). And you don’t get the mug you drink out of at the bar. If you buy the mug, you are given a receipt to take up to the front of the bar. There, they will stamp the receipt and give you a new, clean mug in a box. As for the strength, yeah, they will make it weaker if you want. It won’t cost less, but they can hold back some of the alcohol if you ask.
THANKS! EXACTLY what I needed to know. :flower:I bet it only occurs when they release a new edition and they're closing out the old editions.

Happy to pay full price for a weak drink, at least I'll be able to actually drink it. :)

Good idea. Two years ago we went to Tiki Terrace and I thought we would get a ceramic mug for our drinks. But they were plastic. Are some plastic and others ceramic? Did we just happen to order ones that are only plastic? I got the Pearl, and my DD got Poly Punch. My husband got the shrinkin head. It was served in a plain clear plastic cup, not the mug. Which was odd, since we paid the $30. We thought it would have been served in the head. Should we have taken the receipt inside to get the head? No one said that, and the other two drinks were served in plastic souvenir mugs.

If you paid $30 you should have gotten the mug. They don't always (ever?) use the ceramic mugs on the terrace, but you don't take home the mug you drink out of anyway. They give you a boxed one on your way out. The pearl is always a plastic mug.

If you paid $30 you should have gotten the mug. They don't always (ever?) use the ceramic mugs on the terrace, but you don't take home the mug you drink out of anyway. They give you a boxed one on your way out. The pearl is always a plastic mug.
Yeah we didn’t know that. We were really confused why we didn’t get the mug. I guess we needed to take our receipt into the bar area to get it.. it sounds like. Oh well. 😞

The Uh-oa (and the Krakatoa) has been discontinued. Don't know personally if they have any left, but from what I have read on tiki groups they are all out.

The Poly Punch is served in a plastic mug.

When did they discontinue Uh-OA and Krakatoa??? I thought I saw them on someone's menu pics recently.

All service outdoors is in plastic cups now. If they serve the pearl outside, it might still come in a pearl because that is plastic, but I haven't seen anybody try to order one. Used to be you could buy the mugs and pick them up inside. Sam's almost never sold you the mug you were drinking out of, you'd pick up a boxed one on the way out.

The Uh-oa (and the Krakatoa) has been discontinued. Don't know personally if they have any left, but from what I have read on tiki groups they are all out.
Looks like the drink itself is still on the menu, but they aren't saying it comes with a ceramic bowl right now. :( I'll find out in a few weeks what they do have right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter