• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trader Sam's reservation

disneyland fan

Mouseketeer
Made a reservation for our upcoming trip. Would really like to be seated inside. Will I be able to request this? Does having a reservation help or is walk up just as good?

Whenever we've had reservations we've been seated inside.

Yes, having a reservation at Trader Sam's means that you are reserved for inside seating 😊

We had reservations in both October and December and both times we were seated inside.

You can only make reservations by walk up, right? Does this have normal 60 day ADR?

It is in advance, but they have not always dropped right at the 60-day mark. I have had one for my 2/20-25 trip for a while now.

(I believe WDW is still walk-up waitlist only.)

I think if you have an advanced reservation you automatically get to sit inside. But definitely confirm that you’d like to sit inside when you check in.
I was told when you go to check in on the app it asks inside or out. Obviously you want inside. I got ressies too and am excited to go back.

What are the chances of walk ups?
I don't know, but we were told "highly unlikely" for our visit last Thursday (1/27). We wanted to sit on the terrace and have a tiki drink, which is pretty easy to do as a walk-up in my experience, but decided to ask if we could get on a list for inside. We were initially told no and so we sat in the waiting area of the terrace until they could seat us outdoors, about 5 min. The hostess then took us over to our table but the sun was shining directly into our eyes and she said, "Hold on! Let me just check something" and came back a few minutes later to say there were 2 barstools we could have inside! We grabbed them :) It was still fairly early, because the sun was low on the horizon but it wasn't dusk yet, so maybe 4ish? It doesn't hurt to ask, but if you can't get inside, it's still lovely outside.

Thank you so much for the response! I’m glad you lucked out on two inside bar stools!

I've got a reservation next week for 10:40pm. Downtown Disney hours show closing at 10pm that day. Am I able to walk back through that area after leaving Trader Sam's to get back to my hotel on South Harbor? I'm thinking an Uber back from Disneyland Hotel is probably the best way to go but if I feel like walking back I was wondering if that is an option through Downtown Disney area.

I've got a reservation next week for 10:40pm. Downtown Disney hours show closing at 10pm that day. Am I able to walk back through that area after leaving Trader Sam's to get back to my hotel on South Harbor? I'm thinking an Uber back from Disneyland Hotel is probably the best way to go but if I feel like walking back I was wondering if that is an option through Downtown Disney area.
I was wondering this question as well...

If I got a reservation at 7:40 and wanted to bring my child, will they ask them to leave at 8pm? Or is it fine because we were in there by 8pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter