Trader Sam's on a weekend

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
How long can I expect to wait for a table inside on a Friday or Saturday night with a group of 6? I've never been before and would like to hit up both TS and Jellyroll's and I'm trying to figure out the best order to do it in.

We'll be out pretty late, but figure JR is a better place to end since it's open later, but also would hate to have to carry around any souvenirs from TS that I would most likely get. Will they even let me bring a bag/mug into JR?

Is there anywhere else we could hit up between places or before at either location? I'm thinking adding Disney Springs might be too much, especially since getting to MK and Boardwalk areas are not easy. I'm not even sure how we'd get to Boardwalk from Poly if MK isn't still open.

Last edited:
Best to get to Trader Sam's early, around opening time if possible and get your name on the list. Then go up to Tambu lounge and hang out or wonder around, shop, etc at the Polynesian until you are called. I would take the monorail to MK bus depot when you are done and take the bus to Boardwalk. On your way to JR, stop by AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk. A great bar and well themed. Good cocktails too, then on down the Boardwalk to JR to finish out the evening. Cheers! (and War Eagle too!)

Best to get to Trader Sam's early, around opening time if possible and get your name on the list. Then go up to Tambu lounge and hang out or wonder around, shop, etc at the Polynesian until you are called. I would take the monorail to MK bus depot when you are done and take the bus to Boardwalk. On your way to JR, stop by AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk. A great bar and well themed. Good cocktails too, then on down the Boardwalk to JR to finish out the evening. Cheers! (and War Eagle too!)

Getting there at opening is not an option unfortunately. Unless I can go ahead by several hours and wait. Friday night the last persons flight doesn’t get in until 8pm and Saturday we won’t be leaving Universal until after 9. So whichever night we try for it, it will either be around 9:00 at the absolute earliest, more likely 10. Or wait until closer to closing.

If we can put our name on the list and take the monorail around to other bars while we wait that might work ok. But if we have to actually stay THERE to wait we might need to cross this off our list. But I’d really like for everyone to see it because it sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Getting as late as start as you will be getting, I wouldn’t do both in one night. Pick one. I would go to Jellyrolls and leave Trader Sam’s for another time.

Trader Sams is awesome, but there are only a couple tables that will seat six. There’s a high too by the bar, a big table in the corner and maybe 2 more that’ll seat 6. You may wait hours for one of those tables. If you’re willing to stand, you’ll still wait, but not as long.

There's also a terrace with seating and tables at TS but on a weekend night I wouldn't count on it. The indoor portion of TS is very small-50 seats inside, 82 on the patio.

Getting there at opening is not an option unfortunately. Unless I can go ahead by several hours and wait. Friday night the last persons flight doesn’t get in until 8pm and Saturday we won’t be leaving Universal until after 9. So whichever night we try for it, it will either be around 9:00 at the absolute earliest, more likely 10. Or wait until closer to closing.

If we can put our name on the list and take the monorail around to other bars while we wait that might work ok. But if we have to actually stay THERE to wait we might need to cross this off our list. But I’d really like for everyone to see it because it sounds amazing.
You have 10-15 minutes to return once they text you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter