Trader Sam's Grog Grotto

goofy78

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been recently? I would like to go on our trip in October but am not sure how the process works to get in. I had read you should arrive very early and you will be put on a list? Any help would be great. Just FYI I was looking to try here and Enchanted Lounge at GF. One after the other. Maybe TSG (4:00 pm?) first since ER doesn't start serving food until 5:00 pm.

• You go and put your name on the list with the host, and they text you when they have space. TSGG opens at 3pm, and the host starts taking names around 2-ish for the "first seating" (people will be waiting in line for the host to take their names before opening)
  • The host will give a (conservative) estimate of when they should be able to call you back. Once they enough reservations for a full seating for 3pm, they'll tell the next guests that they should be seated around ~5pm, but it will probably be sooner (most parties don't hang out for 2 hours); and so on until they have booked what they consider their last group
  • When they text you it's because they have space "right now" and they'll only hold it for ~15 minutes. If you arrive after they've given your seats away (but not super late), they'll usually give you the option to wait in the hallways for seats to become available
I think the afternoon wait times are down since the crowds are lower, but if it's a Boo Bash night or weekend, you might expect a longer wait that other evenings.

Two weeks ago, I put our names down at 2:50, told it may not be until 5 before they can seat us, and we were texted around 4:15

Our past 4 trips (July 2020-June 2021) we have been able to walk into Enchanted Rose and sit in the evenings. Never waited for a table. Reports lately for TSGG have been 1-2 hour waits if you check in in the evening. I know a group of 4 went on a Thursday in early August. Put their name in around 5:45- were called around 7. That seems to be standard. I will be there next week and plan to go a few times. Would be happy to report back.

Are they doing carryout? I had a friend more knowledgeable of Disney suggest I go to the Polynesian Resort beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and just grab food from there and take it out to the beach with us.

Are they doing carryout? I had a friend more knowledgeable of Disney suggest I go to the Polynesian Resort beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and just grab food from there and take it out to the beach with us.

Not from the Grog Grotto. You would get "to go" from the Tiki Terrance outside. Same menu, same drinks (but in a plastic cup). They also have live music on the Tiki Terrance at night, it's a lot more laid back with little-to-no wait. If you buy the mug, they give a receipt to claim it with the GG host. Kona's Cafe also offers their menu for "to go" service via mobile order.

Not from the Grog Grotto. You would get "to go" from the Tiki Terrance outside. Same menu, same drinks (but in a plastic cup). They also have live music on the Tiki Terrance at night, it's a lot more laid back with little-to-no wait. If you buy the mug, they give a receipt to claim it with the TSGG host. Kona's Cafe also offers their menu for "to go" service via mobile order.
Thanks! Our plan is to shuttle in from Disney Springs and hang out on the beach until the pageant, does that seem like a good plan to you?

• You go and put your name on the list with the host, and they text you when they have space. TSGG opens at 3pm, and the host starts taking names around 2-ish for the "first seating" (people will be waiting in line for the host to take their names before opening)
  • The host will give a (conservative) estimate of when they should be able to call you back. Once they enough reservations for a full seating for 3pm, they'll tell the next guests that they should be seated around ~5pm, but it will probably be sooner (most parties don't hang out for 2 hours); and so on until they have booked what they consider their last group
  • When they text you it's because they have space "right now" and they'll only hold it for ~15 minutes. If you arrive after they've given your seats away (but not super late), they'll usually give you the option to wait in the hallways for seats to become available
I think the afternoon wait times are down since the crowds are lower, but if it's a Boo Bash night or weekend, you might expect a longer wait that other evenings.

Two weeks ago, I put our names down at 2:50, told it may not be until 5 before they can seat us, and we were texted around 4:15

Thanks so much! This is super helpful! I think we will try around 4:00 to put our name in.

Our past 4 trips (July 2020-June 2021) we have been able to walk into Enchanted Rose and sit in the evenings. Never waited for a table. Reports lately for TSGG have been 1-2 hour waits if you check in in the evening. I know a group of 4 went on a Thursday in early August. Put their name in around 5:45- were called around 7. That seems to be standard. I will be there next week and plan to go a few times. Would be happy to report back.

Yes if you could report back that would be great! I think Enchanted Rose is a definite for us but I would like to try to experience TSGG.

We went to Enchanted Rose on the night of our arrival in April. We arrived at GF and got to our room, and then we went to ER. We got there about 5 p.m. and walked right in. We sat at the bar. We probably spent 2 - 2.5 hours there talking to the bartenders, having drinks and some apps. It was a GREAT start to wonderful week.

My wifey and I will there November 26th through December 1st—wondering how the wait times are shaping up to get in? Anyone have some recent experience to share?

My wifey and I will there November 26th through December 1st—wondering how the wait times are shaping up to get in? Anyone have some recent experience to share?
Last Saturday we got to TS at 2:30, we weren't called in until 5:12. I attribute some of this length to it being a race weekend.

Does anyone know if there are any holiday decorations up in Trader Sam's this year? Or special drinks for the holidays. I think the TS in Disneyland does this but I can't remember if the WDW version does.

We were there last Monday and arrived around 9 pm after most of the Run Disney weekend crowds had abated. We still had to wait an hour to get inside. Normally we arrive about half an hour before opening and get on the list to make sure we get in.

no. you will have to go in and buy the drink and mug, but then you can leave if you have it put in a plastic cup. Which means you will have to wait to get in. (You do not keep the mug you drink out of. They will give you a boxed one when you leave.) Unless they sell the mugs on the patio. They used to, but they are serving everything in a plastic cup out there now.

I don't recall holiday decor in the Grog Grotto, but if you want to see some, go over to Jock Lindsey's.

I don't recall holiday decor in the Grog Grotto, but if you want to see some, go over to Jock Lindsey's.

They have the snowcano! When someone orders the Krakatoa it erupts with snow instead of the normal volcano look. They usually have some holiday decorations and drinks, and sometimes holiday mugs.

Can you just show up and get a drink to go with a collectible mug at Trader Sams?

no. you will have to go in and buy the drink and mug, but then you can leave if you have it put in a plastic cup. Which means you will have to wait to get in. (You do not keep the mug you drink out of. They will give you a boxed one when you leave.) Unless they sell the mugs on the patio. They used to, but they are serving everything in a plastic cup out there now.

You can buy the mugs outside on the Tiki Terrace. They serve the drinks out there in the plastic cup, but you'll get the receipt and pick up the mug inside.

I don't know if this works for the Jungle Cruise mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter