Trader Sam's ADR dilemma

goofy1954

Mouseketeer
We're a party of 6, and from reading previous threads I understand TS has a seating maximum of 4. The suggestion was made to make two reservations, one for 4 and another for 2, and ask to be seated as close together as possible. Unfortunately, the system won't let me make two reservations for the same time.
Short of asking another member of my party to start an account, get online at 6 a.m. and attempt to make a separate, concurrent reservation (the synchronicity of which seems dubious), is there any way to make two reservations at the same time (or about the same time) so that we can at least be inside together, soaking it all in as a family?

We are a family of 5 and we got reservations for all of us inside so I don't think there is a 4 person max.

So, what I did was I used my phone and my computer at the same time. I clicked on the time I wanted on the computer and the phone to secure the reservation and then proceeded to finish the reservation. Since they were both in my cart and not officially booked, I didn't get the error message that I already had a reservation for that time. I ended up with 2 reservations both under my account. They are for the exact same time too, but I've done it with them 5 minutes apart before too.

Last edited:
That sounds good. Thanks.
I tried something similar to that, but I think I must have finished with one reservation before putting the other in the cart. I'll try it your way on my test run tomorrow.
Do you know if the system reserves the time for you once you click on it, and for how long? I was worried the phone reservation would disappear while I was wrapping up the one on my laptop.

That sounds good. Thanks.
I tried something similar to that, but I think I must have finished with one reservation before putting the other in the cart. I'll try it your way on my test run tomorrow.
Do you know if the system reserves the time for you once you click on it, and for how long? I was worried the phone reservation would disappear while I was wrapping up the one on my laptop.
I did several test runs and it always worked for me. The reservation on the computer kept making me type in all of my credit card info and the app one just stayed in my cart while I did all of that. I wouldn’t move on from each screen until I was ready on both. I still finished my reservations by 6:02 so I have no idea how long it would stay but on another thread someone said it is held for you once you click the time. I would assume you would have it for 5-10 minutes but I cannot confirm that. Good luck!

I did several test runs and it always worked for me. The reservation on the computer kept making me type in all of my credit card info and the app one just stayed in my cart while I did all of that. I wouldn’t move on from each screen until I was ready on both. I still finished my reservations by 6:02 so I have no idea how long it would stay but on another thread someone said it is held for you once you click the time. I would assume you would have it for 5-10 minutes but I cannot confirm that. Good luck!
This worked perfectly on my final dress rehearsal. Thank you very much!

Related issue.
Has anyone been successful at making larger-party reservations at Naples? It won't take a party of 6, but it will a concurrent 4+2.
Also, if we reserve 4+2, what are the chances of success if we request to be seated together upon arrival?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter