• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trader Sam’e menu changes

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
Tell me this is an April fools joke. We leave from NJ tomorrow and I just saw the story.

We have been hearing about the Kalua Pork and Flatbreads for months and have been so looking forward to trying these. And to get replaced by a hotdog and a salad. Really?

Now we are thinking about passing it by.

Don't believe anything you read on the internet today. Check again tomorrow.

Agree with the pp. I have no clue what you were reading, but we were just there on March 22nd and the pork and flatbreads were on the menu as usual, so if there was a change it was very recent.

Hmmm.... the Disneyland App shows those items on the menu now, so maybe it is a recent change.

I totally read 'a hotdog salad' at first and thought, gross - must be a joke!!

Yeah, I was looking on the official site the other day and the menu had definitely changed.

Sad to see the pork flatbread go...it was SO good.

Any experiences with the new menu? My wife and I are headed there next week and will miss the flatbreads and the lettuce wraps:( We would NEVER miss Trader Sam's.

Looks like my favorite is gone (Chicken lettuce wraps), but at least there are some nice salads that are basically the same thing. Must have been a very recent change since I had it last week and dd had the pork flatbread.

Me too, makes life so much easier when you can see that there are vegetarian options before you even get there... But a loss is always upsetting...

We just returned
Sadly true about menu change
I really wanted the flat bread but went with the Hawaiian burger thinking I would have flatbread the next day
Menu changed over night. Bummed

Any experiences with the new menu? My wife and I are headed there next week and will miss the flatbreads and the lettuce wraps:( We would NEVER miss Trader Sam's.
We got the wings and spring rolls.
Was not impressed. Made me miss the flat bread even more

C5843672-FA04-408B-9F7B-A4874F992A39.jpeg Sadly it’s true and the khalua pork flatbread is dearly missed. I had the poke bowl which was quite large and very tasty and good for sharing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter