Trade Fairfield to DVC

mgriff75

Earning My Ears
I'm a fairfield owner and am looking to trade into DVC. I have a deposit on file with Fairfield into II, but they tell me that they don't tell II about the deposit until I'm ready to use it. I want to go in May 2008, of course there is no availability yet. I want to put in a request so that I don't have to keep checking online. But am confused about how to do it. I can go to II and make a request first, pay my fee, and wait, but if farifield doesn't tell II about my deposit how is that going to work when II finds me a trade?????

Thanks.

Matthew

P.S. I just purchased a resale contract for Boardwalk, but its only 50 points so I want to be able to use some of my Fairfield points, until I build up more DVC points, I'm planning on adding 25 points a year for a while.

Folks over on the Timeshare User's Group (TUG) board are posting DVC sightings for May 2008. It isn't too early to start your search!

I don't own Fairfield .. but I do make regular exchanges into DVC using a related timeshare which also uses a "request first" policy with II. My suggestion: Open the search with II, including paying the exchange fee, ASAP. Do this over the phone indicating that you have a FF deposit you intend to use for the exchange. Ask the II rep to explain to you their interface with FF for using your deposited [week/points].

It might not hurt to also phone FF after the search is open to review the transaction and again repeat your intentions.

Good luck with your exchange!

P.S. I just purchased a resale contract for Boardwalk, but its only 50 points so I want to be able to use some of my Fairfield points, until I build up more DVC points, I'm planning on adding 25 points a year for a while.
Congratulations on your BWV contract and Welcome Home! I love your strategy!

For our January visit we have 2 nights at BWV on DVC Points + an II exchange (BWV, 1BR) + 2 nights at AKV Concierge on DVC Points. Works well for us!

I'm a fairfield owner and am looking to trade into DVC. I have a deposit on file with Fairfield into II, but they tell me that they don't tell II about the deposit until I'm ready to use it. I want to go in May 2008, of course there is no availability yet. I want to put in a request so that I don't have to keep checking online. But am confused about how to do it. I can go to II and make a request first, pay my fee, and wait, but if farifield doesn't tell II about my deposit how is that going to work when II finds me a trade?????

Thanks.

Matthew

I don't know Fairfield well enough to know for certain how this works. Assuming you have direct access to intervals Web site , you can go on there and deposit the unit yourself and even set up the search. You will need the date of the reservation, unit size and reservation number and you may need the unit number. From intervals Web site you should be be able to do a search first or put in an on-going request. If Fairfield requires you to work directly through them, just call them and initiate the same process. Actually time a starting to show up on intervals Web site for Disney. I've already seen deposits for March through May.

I did the obvious and called fairfield. They transferred me to II & I started an on going search. The II guide tried to talk me into a Marriott and said some people have waited more than a year and never gotten an exchange into Beach Club or Boardwalk. Ok, I know I can do it that way. But it took 30 minutes on hold to get the process started. Can I do the same thing online??

Thanks to all.

I did the obvious and called fairfield. They transferred me to II & I started an on going search. The II guide tried to talk me into a Marriott and said some people have waited more than a year and never gotten an exchange into Beach Club or Boardwalk. Ok, I know I can do it that way. But it took 30 minutes on hold to get the process started. Can I do the same thing online??

Thanks to all.
You can if you have direct II access with your FF account and I suspect you do. You can always add the Marriott later if things don't seem to be working out, give it until at least 6 months prior before giving up.

Depending on the time of the year, it can be very difficult to get an II exchange into DVC. That is why we finally bought into DVC.

Depending on the time of the year, it can be very difficult to get an II exchange into DVC. That is why we finally bought into DVC.
If you have sufficient trading power you have a chance any time of the year for a studio or 1 BR. I've seen Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years all though only a handful of times and usually much shorter notice. I'd say about 1/2 the year is easily doable for one that has sufficient trading power and can accept a 1 BR or less. 2 BR units are far less likely but do happen as well. An ongoing search definitely is the way to go, esp for a 2 BR. Most people that have problems and are realistic otherwise simply don't have a high enough rated resort or enough trade power, this is where the up front investigation comes in. For a system like FF or Bluegreen where you can deposit multiple resorts and/or unit sizes, it is even more tricky. You have to balance how many points on the front end with your home system but make sure you get a resort and week that will pull DVC consistently. I had this delima with my 2008 HI trip using BG deposits one each with RCI and II.

My understanding is that most of the units that show up for II trades are OKW or SSR, that BCV and BWV are much more rare - a year wait is believable from what I've heard.

Dean, do you know if DVC puts the home resort of the member trading out up on II or if they have some discretion and can put up points at any resort up?

I wondered about that too, do they put in your home resort or does DVC get to pick. How do they come up with the week that gets deposited, do they use the week you want to go or do they throw a dart at a callender? :confused3

My understanding is that most of the units that show up for II trades are OKW or SSR, that BCV and BWV are much more rare - a year wait is believable from what I've heard.

Dean, do you know if DVC puts the home resort of the member trading out up on II or if they have some discretion and can put up points at any resort up?
Most units are OKW and SSR for WDW but all resorts have shown up except AKV. There is no tie in currently for the home resort of the member, there was two versions ago of the II trading. My guess is deposits are slanted to SSR & OKW but that DVC puts an effort into spreading the wealth. I do know they actively take the time of year into account but have a lot to balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter