• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TR w/4000+ Pics/Disney on Ice w/184 Pics!!

Tyler's bosses wife is for our travel plans....now she just needs to convince her hubby to let Ty off for those 7 days of work.....the way it works out...that would give us 12 days total for travel & play!!!

Hope to hear mid week......they're in San Diego until Tuesday (funny, because this is part of the trip we'll be giving up for shortening our original plans.....)

So now we'll wait......... :surfweb:

Hey one more thing.....just realized that AP holders get a 20% off at HoJo's, so that is what we will be doing!!! Can't wait.....never stayed there before & the discount really makes a big difference when looking at 9 nights!!!! Booking direct with them, I can request 2 rooms side by side (or adjoining) & they'd be the premium rooms facing Disney. Getting excited to make those resies!!

Yeah, that makes a huge difference especially when you are traveling with an army. Trust me I know.

:eek: I can't imagine traveling with that many, let me just say. The closest I came was my DLR/San Diego vacation in '07 (that I've sort of posted photos from, sort of not) where there were 7 of us including my aunt and cousins - but all of us were 18 and older. And I wasn't around that much since I was the only one bouncing back and forth between Disneyland and S.D.

Glad you got info on the AP discount there. Is it too much for me to cross my fingers that the entire month of July has the entertainment rate available?!?! :rotfl:

Sweet!!!! :rotfl: Did you do a PTR?? or are you gonna do a TR?? You're getting so close to your trip!!!!!! :cool1:

Oh my gosh! Ive never done a TR and I want to soooo bad, but im really not sure if I know how and if anyone will want to read it?!?!? I dont have kids today or a DH till about 2 today so maybe I will try....WISH ME LUCK!! :confused3

:eek: I can't imagine traveling with that many, let me just say. The closest I came was my DLR/San Diego vacation in '07 (that I've sort of posted photos from, sort of not) where there were 7 of us including my aunt and cousins - but all of us were 18 and older. And I wasn't around that much since I was the only one bouncing back and forth between Disneyland and S.D.

Glad you got info on the AP discount there. Is it too much for me to cross my fingers that the entire month of July has the entertainment rate available?!?! :rotfl:

I've heard about the entertainment rate, but don't know anything about getting a ?book?.......and waiting to see if that rate would apply. I have the AP, so if I read that correctly......the 20% disc is good year round....at least I hope so!!

Oh my gosh! Ive never done a TR and I want to soooo bad, but im really not sure if I know how and if anyone will want to read it?!?!? I dont have kids today or a DH till about 2 today so maybe I will try....WISH ME LUCK!! :confused3

It's kinda fun jotting down what's on your mind.....and you will have people that read it!!! I'll be there for sure!! :woohoo: Lots of people read these TR's, but most stay quiet.......sometimes you spark a question in them & then they write something.

I'd love to hear from whoever is reading.......love others opinions, tips, etc. Don't be shy!!!! :flower3:

OK so you convinced me to try out my writing skills and I attempted my first PTR, can you check it out for me and see what you think?

Thanks! :goodvibes

I've heard about the entertainment rate, but don't know anything about getting a ?book?.......and waiting to see if that rate would apply. I have the AP, so if I read that correctly......the 20% disc is good year round....at least I hope so!!

The great thing is, you don't need the actual book - just the card. I picked mine up off Ebay for about $1.50 rather than spending something like $30 on the actual book. But if you do get the book, you don't have to get the one for SoCal, you can get the book for your area so you've got deals for things close to home. I was so, so, so happy when my dates for my birthday last September popped up (well, all but 2 but she gave me the rest of the days anyway) and I'm just a little anxious to hear if we'll get lucky this year. It looks like our dates were up last year, but things always change so who knows.

Either way, 20% is definitely nothing to look down upon!

Hey one more thing.....just realized that AP holders get a 20% off at HoJo's, so that is what we will be doing!!! Can't wait.....never stayed there before & the discount really makes a big difference when looking at 9 nights!!!! Booking direct with them, I can request 2 rooms side by side (or adjoining) & they'd be the premium rooms facing Disney. Getting excited to make those resies!!

Good news is last year DH and I went to DLR for his 50th birthday in mid-July and the Ent. Rate came up at HoJo for all of our dates. We ended up saving almost 1/2 of the cost of our room because of it. I just kept checking the rate calendar on their website and every time one of our dates would come up I would call and get the room changed to the Ent. Rate. Our last date came up about 2 or 3 days before we left - so it pays to keep checking.

Good news is last year DH and I went to DLR for his 50th birthday in mid-July and the Ent. Rate came up at HoJo for all of our dates. We ended up saving almost 1/2 of the cost of our room because of it. I just kept checking the rate calendar on their website and every time one of our dates would come up I would call and get the room changed to the Ent. Rate. Our last date came up about 2 or 3 days before we left - so it pays to keep checking.

Thanx, I'll do that!! Any money we can save will be great!! :woohoo:

Just submitted our taxes......NICE....I'll just say that!! (not as much as last year, but hubby didn't work half the year...so not too shabby taking that into account!!) :banana:

Now the planning can commence!! :cool1:

Just submitted our taxes......NICE....I'll just say that!! (not as much as last year, but hubby didn't work half the year...so not too shabby taking that into account!!) :banana:

I'm doing ours on Thursday. Scotty was off on Workman's comp for two months, so that will hurt a little.

Glad you got your taxes out of the way so you can move full steam ahead with the planning. Mine are turning around to bite me in the rear, but somehow it will all work out. :goodvibes

Time for a few more pics!!! :cool1:

Disney Trip 2009:
Goofy's Kitchen is always a blast for us!!!

013.jpg

067.jpg

112.jpg

Addy was so excited to see Baloo.....she sang him the Bear Necessities song.....she had everyone in our area going ahhhhhh

122.jpg

These are from our return trip less than a month after our big trip. The twins experienced Disneyland for the first time!!

We took them to the Minnie & Friends breakfast to see how they'd do with the characters.......they were fascinated with their noses & hands.

023.jpg

029.jpg

049.jpg

104.jpg

Michayla:

052.jpg

Shyann:

050.jpg

So I'm starting to pencil a schedule, still waiting on Tyler's bosses to give him the okie dokie on our dates....of course Mike pointed out last night that he hasn't been given the green light on his dates either!! :scared1: Hopefully we can get the dates secured....that way I can start putting things together.

My DH Scotty can't even put in for his vacation until exactly two months before his scheduled vacation, if I waited for approval I would never get anything planned.

Well, I hope everyone can get their dates secured. Luckily my job is a little looser in scheduling. I was talking with my supervisor and going over when everyone else in my department is going on vacation and so I've got a verbal okay on my dates. I'm just oo lazy to turn in the paperwork so early (probably because I know she'll forget).

My DH Scotty can't even put in for his vacation until exactly two months before his scheduled vacation, if I waited for approval I would never get anything planned.

Well, I hope everyone can get their dates secured. Luckily my job is a little looser in scheduling. I was talking with my supervisor and going over when everyone else in my department is going on vacation and so I've got a verbal okay on my dates. I'm just oo lazy to turn in the paperwork so early (probably because I know she'll forget).

I wish we had a little more freedom on just going on vacations....but both Ty & Mike have to request in advance & Mike's actually had to be in a couple weeks ago for summer vacations!!
I'm hoping it's a go for both....I'd like to know for sure we're going!!!

I wish we had a little more freedom on just going on vacations....but both Ty & Mike have to request in advance & Mike's actually had to be in a couple weeks ago for summer vacations!!
I'm hoping it's a go for both....I'd like to know for sure we're going!!!

With Scotty's work he will get it I am sure he just needs to ask on time.

Great news on HoJos! That will be so cool, I've heard such good things about it and it is such easy walking distance to the entrance.

Sending you P & PD that your hubby's boss agrees to the time off. Nice work doing an end run to the boss's wife :lmao:

Wonderful pictures, so many smiles and happy adventures :-]

Good luck with the continued planning! :thumbsup2

For Cathy.....and everyone else that likes to drool...... :lmao:

Taking pictures of food seemed a bit strange to us, but after looking at some of the wonderful pictures on the DIS of food choices, we made it a point to take pictures of all our food or buffet offerings. Occasionally we got a strange look from people, but when you go back & see the pictures....it was all worth it!! Makes us hungry to go back.....RIGHT NOW!!

ENJOY!
Ariel's Grotto Princess Breakfast (this meal is served family style):

Ariels1.jpg

Ariels5.jpg

Award Weiners:

Award.jpg

Blue Bayou:

BB3.jpg

BB4.jpg

Blue Ribbon Bakery (on Main Street):

BlueRibbon.jpg

Carnation Cafe Breakfast:

Carn5.jpg

Coke Corner:

Coke2.jpg

Fantasmic Dessert Box:

Fantasmic4.jpg

Goofy's Kitchen Brunch & Dinner Buffet:

Goofy20.jpg

Goofy22.jpg

Goofy25.jpg

Goofy26.jpg

Goofy33.jpg

Goofy34.jpg

Goofy7.jpg

More in the next post!!

Oh Laurie! I don't know how I missed your PTR! I'm so excited you all are going!!! And I'm even more excited about Michayla!!! What a sweetheart! Her hair looks adorable and that is just so wonderful she gave you kisses! Yay for her!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter