• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TR LIVE from BCV with PICS!! - Final thoughts Post #53

Hey Monika - I won't hold the Ravens against you - each team has to have their loyals!!

manntra - we were so lucky to see so many animals!! Glad you are enjoying!!

I have taken a ridiculous number of photos and if anyone has any photo requests I will do my best!!!

Thanks so much for the love TR...really enjoying it so far, you have a beautiful family! We are off to BCV for the first time in May and I am really glad to read that you are loving it:thumbsup2 NY Giant fans here...not so much to cheer about this year, but hey you never know...Looking forward to more of your TR and wishing you a great trip;)

Thanks for the great photo and TR! Couldn't agree more with you on driving from BCV to DHS. DD14 & I took the car and DH & DD12 took the boat back and we were waiting atleast 1/2hr for them back at the villas! Thanks for the villa pics, someday i'll get there for christmas!

Hello all!! We were up and at em early again - 6am!! Which was great because we have never been there for rope drop at MK!!! I know we are nuts. We drove to the TTC and were in the second row!! We were through security and had a place to view the opening at 8:45a!! Here are some pics from the rope drop!!
dec01wdw009.jpg

dec01wdw010.jpg

dec01wdw011.jpg

DH and DD5 went straight to BTM and rode 4 times within about 30 mins :cool1: DD5 was SOO excited that is her favorite ride. DD2 and I hit the Magic Carpets and then wandered through Liberty Square:
dec01wdw024.jpg

As you can see NO ONE was in the back part of the park. We also walked right up to cowboy Goofy in Frontierland on our way through. We headed over to Fantasyland and got in line for Dumbo. Before we got to the front DD5 and DH were back so I took the girls on Dumbo and DH went to get in line for Ariel. Here is a photo from Dumbo in the sky!!!
dec01wdw032.jpg

After Dumbo we went to meet Ariel, rode Small World and Peter Pan then headed to the Plaza for lunch. Due to some computer error we were not seated for our 11a ADR until 11:25a so in the meantime we watched a little of the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate It! show:
dec01wdw048.jpg

dec01wdw053.jpg

We had not seen this before so we hope to see the whole thing tomorrow!!!
For lunch I had the Grilled Chicken sandwich with chips, DH had the burger and fries and DD had the grilled cheese and tomato soup- she didn't care for the soup because it wasn't out of a can!!! After we ate we all had ice cream!! YUM!!! We then headed over to Liberty Square - I wanted to go to the Hall of Presidents, we have never done it before and WOW is that AMAZING!!! When we were done I went into Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe and noticed a roped off area out back - TIANA!!!! I went to get in line DH had taken DD5 to the restroom! I tried to call his cell - no answer!!AHHHH!!! We had looked for Tiana several times even a hint of where she would be and nothing - so if you are looking go to the BACK of the shoppe in the gazebo!! The highlight of our day :):):):) meeting Tiana and Naveen from Princess and the Frog!!! They were AWESOME!!!
dec01wdw064.jpg

After Tiana we went to ride Buzz Lightyear - only 15 min standby!! Then DD2 and I went to find a curb spot for the parade. And these nice men entertained us:

dec01wdw072.jpg

On our way out I saw the big man and could not resist the urge to make my children be better behaved!! Santa was SOOOOO awesome!!!DD5 could not believe he was in WDW!!
dec01wdw105.jpg

Well that is it for tonight all - tomorrow Day 2 of MK!!!!

Looks like you're having a great time so far! We love the BC- have our first BCV stays there in May (me with DISmoms) and October (for 2 nights before our cruise). So happy you are enjoying yourselves, really appreciate the live TR! :goodvibes

PS- MANNTRA- were you thinking of a Bongo? That's my favorite animal in the park, too!

Good Morning all the "alarm" woke me at 5:15 am:scared1:!! Luckily I bribed them with TV so I could go back to sleep for another 45 mins!!!

The forecast says storms today - DH said the weatherperson said severe storms so we will see how today goes. The plan was to be MK in the AM - lunch at Tony's back to room for a rest and return to MK to do some evening things - lighting the castle and SpectroMagic - when you are up at 5am we can't go until 9pm without a meltdown!!!:rotfl:

What an awesome TR with pics AND being live.:worship:

i drove my DH crazy when i did my first live tr in oct and wasn't able to put up pics until we got home. So glad you all are having a great time. Hope the rain isn't bad for you all. As i feel like we are about to float away at my house.

Keep it coming. and thanks!

Looks like you're having a great time so far! We love the BC- have our first BCV stays there in May (me with DISmoms) and October (for 2 nights before our cruise). So happy you are enjoying yourselves, really appreciate the live TR! :goodvibes

PS- MANNTRA- were you thinking of a Bongo? That's my favorite animal in the park, too!

I like the bongos too :goodvibes but it's not that....they are over by the Ostriches on the safari....usually over by the Ostrich eggs on the right hand side. They are brown with a mostly white face and a little black on them. I can't for the life of me remember what they are called! :laughing: They are endangered....
Love the picture of your girls with Princess Tiana and Naveen! So glad you were able to find them! :woohoo:
Minnie looks smashing in her Rope Drop green coat! :thumbsup2

Tracy

Great TR! How are the crowds this week? I've always wanted to go there during the holidays. I can't believe you saw Thumper-my sister would love that! Will you be adding any pics of BCV?

Cheryl

Great TR! How are the crowds this week? I've always wanted to go there during the holidays. I can't believe you saw Thumper-my sister would love that! Will you be adding any pics of BCV?

Cheryl

The crowds aren't bad we have seen worse during our trips in the spring. Tonight was by far the worst we were at MK. The funny thing is the weather predicted severe storms and it stopped NO ONE!!:) MK was crazy this evening for the parades and castle lighting.

I have more photos - is there something specific of BCV you would like to see. I take on average 150 per day :scared1: I have photo issues!!!

Looks like your cute family is having a great time! Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and share your report. I hope the trip continues to be magical! :wizard:

Day 5 – MK day 2 – Tiana’s showboat Jubilee, Castle lighting, spectromagic and more!!!

We started out with a plan – riding in the AM the things we had missed the day before mainly ToonTown and to meet the Fairies. Lunch at Tony’s – a first for us and then back to the room for a rest so we could go back to MK for the castle lighting and SpectroMagic. DH (the weather watcher) :upsidedow said storms were coming and we most likely would not make it through the day. So we decided to do what we could expecting to be home by 3pm or so anyway.

So off we went we entered MK at 9:08a – we went through the Noodle Station – which EVERYTIME we do DH says – I would like to have some noodles….we stopped at the speedway – only a five minute wait!!:banana: However due to some mechanical problems with some of the racers it took a little longer! Then to the teacups - NO LINE!!!:banana: And to ToonTown.

This would be a good time to add I DO NOT ride anything – or at least have not for the last 15 years due to an intense fear of heights and also I get motion sick in circles. The teacups I can do as long as the girls don’t spin too much. However this summer at a local amusement park BOTH girls wanted to ride a smaller roller coaster and not wanting either to have to wait – there is no switching riders like at the WDW!!! I did it !!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: So I have been open to SOME things here – if you have read along I have already done Triceratops Spin, Magic Carpets and Dumbo.

So back to ToonTown – we went to meet the Princesses – only 15 mins to see Cinderella, Belle and Aurora. Then we went to the barnstormer – I rode that too!!! :dance3:Through Minnie and Mickey’s houses and then I went to get in line for the Fairies (60 min wait), DH took the girls to the play area and we waited. It was worth it – Pixie Hollow was neat and the girls LOVED flying in there. We saw Tink, Silvermist and Rosetta.
dec2wdw045.jpg

Then aboard the train to our 12:10p ADR at Tony’s. We have never eaten here and were pleasantly surprised. I keep trying to remember to take pics of the food but as anyone with kids knows mealtime can be a circus!!!;) I had the Chicken Parm – OH MY – it was HUGE and yummy!!!! I could not finish is but DH gladly finished!! He got the Spaghetti and Meatballs and although he said it was very good he was jealous of my chicken parm!!! DDs shared the spaghetti and meatball. They do not care for sauce on their pasta, DD5 likes butter and they brought both a dish of clarified butter and a dish of the red sauce (just in case) – DD2 actually wanted hers plain – no butter nothing!! She is a really different child! We finfished off with dessert I had the tiramisu:cloud9: and DH the ice cream bomb which he said was AWESOME!!!

Since there was still no rain we headed back to Fantasyland for Philharmagic, a ride on the carousel, Pooh’s ride and a wet visit to Pooh’s playful spot. Still no rain….so over to Frontierland to see the Country Bears and a ride on the Magic Carpets – no line – and then we went down by the riverwalk to see Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee. Now for anyone wanting to do this a couple of hints…:goodvibes Tiana and Naveen along with some MardiGras dancers parade from her Meet & Greet down through Liberty Square to the Riverboat, they board the boat and sing and dance from there. Although you can see it from the walkway – which is what the times guide says – get a spot on the bridge from Splash Mountain. The boat pulls out from its dock and they sing and dance boating to just in front of the bridge and then stop there and do a show on the boat. We were on the walkway and could only hear the show but we were still thrilled to see Tiana and Naveen again!!
dec2wdw067.jpg

dec2wdw069.jpg

dec2wdw070.jpg

dec2wdw072.jpg

dec2wdw077.jpg

Well that's it for now off to EPCOT - more later!!!

Still no rain so now what – over to the Laugh Floor and to ride Buzz. Now there was no line when we went in but this is the second time we rode (once yesterday) that there were technical difficulties – we were stopped several times in the ride and just sat for a few moments each time. The “technical” glitch gave DH a score of 517,400 – he was so proud!!!
So now what 4:50p and still no rain. We found a spot in front of the castle and I went to get some dinner – Columbia Harbor House – and we sat on the sidewalk and ate dinner. The Dream Along with Mickey show was at 5:15p so was watched that. I loved this one of the castle after the show!
dec2wdw084.jpg

Then we stayed for the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Parade – that was so fun. They actually have the crowds join them in the street for a dance party – like Block Party Bash only at MK they grab adults and kids!! Ours had a blast – DH danced with them while I watched.
dec2wdw110.jpg

dec2wdw115.jpg

We had to move a little for the castle lighting but had a perfect view – SOOOO awesome – this is why WDW is my happy place!!!
dec2wdw128.jpg

dec2wdw129.jpg

dec2wdw131.jpg

dec2wdw133.jpg

We finished off the night with SpectroMagic and then headed back. As we boarded the monorail to TTC it started to rain – very lightly and we made it to the car and back to BCV without a storm. So 11 hrs in MK -:love::love::love: I never want to leave!!!

Absolutely beautiful pictures of the Castle....the fireworks and the lighting!
Wow!
I love the pictures of your daughter's dancing! Cute facial expressions!!

Tracy

I love the picture of the castle too! What a great day - and I'm impressed both you and the kids lasted that long. I don't think I could! :lmao: Sounds like a wonderful day!

Wow great pictures! Your have a beautiful family. Your two girls are adorable!

Sounds like you are having a great time!! Have fun! :goodvibes

Day 6 – EPCOT

Well the late night at MK did us in – or at least some of us! The girls were up at 4:50a:scared1:, DH put them back to bed, DD5 went back to sleep until 7:15a, however DD2 did not think sleeping was a good idea and played – it’s a good thing I was slightly out of it!!!

Sooo we WALKED to EPCOT:lmao: – I know you all have said how awesome it is but come on you didn’t say it was like THAT!!! Oh maybe you did and I thought you were exaggerating:lmao:!!!! How cool is that walk:cool1:! We are in LOVE with this resort:lovestruc!
Anyway back to the day. We went to FW where we saw Max Goof we had never seen him so we stopped for a photo and then on to the Clamobile and the aquariums.
Dec3wdw003.jpg

Next we went to Innovations West – we had never done this before and we were very surprised at the cool activates for smaller kids – ours had a blast! By this point it was nearly 12p and we needed to eat so we decided to try Sunshine Seasons – not bad – VERY crowded and noisy. As we went for a potty break DH sees fast passes for Soarin’ for 5:15p he said maybe he and DD5 could come back after the Merry Mixer to try it so he got a FP. We then did the boat ride for Living with the Land, again new to us and interesting – even DD5 enjoyed seeing all the fruits and veggies growing!!
We decided to tackle some of the WS and started on the Mexico side, we explored a little, watch the Reflections of China and then DH and DD5 went to do Kim Possible, now this is about the time that I nearly passed out:eek: – I am prone to migraines but this one hit hard. Probably the lack of sleep and the bright sun:headache:. DD2 was asleep in the stroller and I found a nice quiet, shaded bench to relax.
About 2:30p I decided to head over to the Merry Mixer and pull up a bench near the gateway to wait for DH and DD5, BUT when I got to the IG this there was already a line – so I jumped in. Here are some photos of the line as we are going into the Mixer.
Dec3wdw004.jpg

Dec3wdw005.jpg

This was our first one so we were excited and slightly overwhelmed!! We got our photo with Mickey and Minnie and Pluto.
Dec3wdw007.jpg

The girls wanted their treat but quickly abandoned it for the dancing:banana:!
Dec3wdw013.jpg

Dec3wdw023.jpg

I was really impressed with the activities for kids and the girls had a great time!! It was VERY crowded we stayed behind the tent where there was some room to breathe but overall it was a really nice time. :santa:

DD2 and I headed back to the room to make dinner and DH & DD5 went to Soarin’. When they returned they both really enjoyed their ride. We have two very tired girls, a mommy with a migraine and DH:lovestruc trying to make me feel better by going to Beaches N Cream to get me a milkshake!!:love:

BTW- I got a call today my DSis is having surgery in the morning:sick: for a kidney stone, our parents and her DH are with her but she is my DSis and BFF so say a prayer for her to be well – TIA!!!
Good Night all!!

Your pics are amazing! The girls are so cute, and your castle shots are stunning!
About the river boat - could you tell if the musicians were actually playing? I'm hoping to see this at DL on Jan. 2, and I really hope the musicians aren't faking it
Thanks for sharing your trip!

Very impressed with how much you've got done at the parks! Great pics! Do you have any pics of the BCV lobby decorated? Thanks!

Yay another fun day! I hope you feel better with a good night's sleep. We'll say a prayer for your sister! I'm sure she'll be much happier after that surgery! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter