TR June 17th -24th in Paradise (Completed)

Day 1: Travel Day

We fly United since my parents have the United card and they are both platinum. They bought first class tickets and use their points to get us economy and then they get free upgrades so we get upgraded to economy plus. There is only one flight that leaves Denver on United each day that is direct to Oahu so that is our flight it flys out around noon.
View attachment 771414
We live next to the airport so it is easy to get the airport. We check all our luggage through my parents since they get 6 free luggage, yeah!!

The regular security line in Denver was huge! Lots of summer travel. Luckily everyone has tsa pre check or global entry. A nice fast shorter line. Then we head to United Club level. Dad gets club passes with his credit card and then already bought passes for the rest of the group. United club level is nice. They had breakfast still out.
View attachment 771415

View attachment 771416
View attachment 771417View attachment 771418View attachment 771419
View attachment 771420I got some pancakes and bacon!! My son got lots fruit.
Then went to the bar for mimosas!
View attachment 771421View attachment 771422
Cheers to the start of our vacation trip.
We chill here for a bit. We see the switch over to lunch. Lunch not good... glad we got breakfast.

We head down get some soda and food for the 6 hour plus plane ride and load in.

View attachment 771423
They had screens with some great movies. We finally got to watch the new John Wick movie and I got to watch the Emmit Till movie. So did not sleep with the good movie selections :) My son did well with his tablet and video games. He loves his lego jurrasic world game.

This flight was not as bad as I remembered it and they even got us in early! Bonus.

We landed and grabbed the shuttle to luggage. Luggage arrived promptly. Then we went to Alamo to pick up our rental. We did it through Costco got a mini van for the week for 800 including taxes and booster seat. More than last year but not bad. We did the pre-registration so got to go strait to pick up the car. I highly recommend Alamo. We walked passed other rental car places with huge lines waiting to get their car and there was no lines for Alamo. We picked out our mini van and headed out. No issues :)

Next up arriving at Aulani!!
Look forward to reading your trip report! We'll be there later this year, can't wait!! 🌴🌸

Also, I love your family's travel style...first class, upgrades, pre ✅ / global entry, lounge access...totally my jam!! :thumbsup2:woohoo::cool1:

If Minas fish house is too expensive, I would highly suggest coming during happy hour. The food and drinks are really good still and give u a nice taste of Minas fish house.

Continue on to next post...
**Heads up to those who want to go Mina's for Happy Hour!!**

So I just read it on a very recent Yelp review that, their HH is no longer a thing! Ughh! The review said it was still listed on their website but apparently, they stopped doing HH as of July 31. What a bummer!! :sad1:

**Heads up to those who want to go Mina's for Happy Hour!!**

So I just read it on a very recent Yelp review that, their HH is no longer a thing! Ughh! The review said it was still listed on their website but apparently, they stopped doing HH as of July 31. What a bummer!! :sad1:
Ohh no... that is horrible. The happy hour was so nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter