• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TP room request for AoA

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
hi everyone!

I just subscribed to Touring Plans and I am thinking about which room to request for Art of Animation. We will have a suite but I really want Finding Nemo but not sure which building/location/view. Does anyone have recommendations?

We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite a couple of years ago and I really don’t think there could have been a bad room in the building. The Finding Nemo suites are the preferred suites and the location is great! Those suites are mostly about location and being close to the main building and the bus stop. There aren’t balconies so we weren’t really worried about views and from what I remember there wouldn’t have been anything special about any of the views that I would have wanted to request. The main pool is also right outside the building which is so convenient. You could try requesting by floor or possibly if you have preference on nearness to elevators. I remember noise carrying from the hallway quite a bit so if you plan to turn in early you may want to be at the end of a hallway in a less trafficked area. Our son was 2 and went to bed at 8:30 and so the running and yelling in the hallways was quite irritating when the masses came back from the parks later at night. So that may be a consideration. But it was a great hotel and a great location and I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Just to be clear, you can choose Finding Nemo as a suite type when you make your booking. Those suites are a bit more money than Lion King or Cars suites. Did you book a Finding Nemo suite?

I would ask for building 4 or 5 (there's really no difference between them IMHO), top floor, end of hallway, not facing the pool (it's SO loud, IMHO). For TP, I would just pick a random room that fits your criteria and then put more specific requests in the notes section.

hi everyone!

I just subscribed to Touring Plans and I am thinking about which room to request for Art of Animation. We will have a suite but I really want Finding Nemo but not sure which building/location/view. Does anyone have recommendations?
Did you book a Nemo suite?

I think when you book under "family suites" you can get placed in any of them. Have you checked to see if Nemo suites are available for your dates? You can usually book that specific room type unless they're sold out.

Your TA didn’t book a Nemo suite. As PP mentioned, with “family suite”, they can place you anywhere and Nemo is just a request. If you want Nemo guaranteed, you need your TA to book a Nemo suite.

I would ask for building 4 or 5 (there's really no difference between them IMHO), top floor, end of hallway, not facing the pool (it's SO loud, IMHO). For TP, I would just pick a random room that fits your criteria and then put more specific requests in the notes section.
Too many requests. The fewer, the better; three max, less is more - and more likely to be ava8lable.Once the OP gets her reservation booked correctly, she can eliminate any building number reference.

So I asked my TA, she said there werent any available when I booked because it was for the free dining promotion....and I switched from Coronado to AoA a couple weeks after I booked because we realized we needed a suite. So I guess all I can do now is request Nemo and hope for the best. :(

Too many requests. The fewer, the better; three max, less is more - and more likely to be ava8lable.Once the OP gets her reservation booked correctly, she can eliminate any building number reference.

Thanks kaytieeeldr. I've stayed on property over 40 times and use the TP fax. I'm pretty confident in my request-making abilities.

So I asked my TA, she said there werent any available when I booked because it was for the free dining promotion....and I switched from Coronado to AoA a couple weeks after I booked because we realized we needed a suite. So I guess all I can do now is request Nemo and hope for the best. :(

If that's your primary goal, make "Nemo Suite" your first request. I had "family suite" booked on our first stay there, requested a Nemo suite and had our request granted, so there is hope. IMHO, Lion King and Cars are really cute as well, so don't despair if you don't get Nemo. In fact, though Nemo is more centrally located, I, personally, would prefer staying away from the main pool - it can get really loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter