• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Mania Fast Pass question

tracylmartins

Mouseketeer
We are visiting WDW in early Nov, 2010. We have 8am reservations at Hollywood & Vine restaurant. I was wondering if someone from our party can go get the FP for TSM at 8am or do we have to wait until 9am? Just trying to determine our strategy for that day.
Thanks for your input!
pirate:

I don't think you can get FP before the park opens. They usually won't let you back in those areas until park opening.

No, you'll have to wait until rope drop to get back to the area where the fast passes are distributed. Even on EMH mornings, the FP machines won't open until rope drop.

if this was my group, I'd head over at 9am myself, asI'm the fastest walker and best at evading crowds.

Also, I'm the fastest eater so I'd be done by the time everyone else had their 3rd bite.

Fastpass machines may or may not be uncovered and readied for operation prior to public park opening time, depending on whether a CM got a round tuit.

I'm the fastest eater ... done by the time everyone else had their 3'rd bite.
I tried that a few times and every time I bit my tongue or my lip. I thought it was Mick Jagger but some well known rock star had a very distinctive voice because his tongue was misshapen following a mishap where he bit a piece completely through.

I didn't think they opened the machines until park opening. When we were out in early December they were really strict about walking in line with the rope drop etc. That attraction is crazy popular and by 9.10 the return time was already after 11am! It took three mornings of rope drop practice for me to be the first one to get the FPs from the machine :teeth:

And just to be clear -- in every park where there are am breakfast options open prior to park opening, you can go to the restaurant only -- there are various ways your path is restricted and there are CMs along the way making sure you're going straight to the restaurant. You may pause along the way for a photo or two (at MK they are reasonably generous about letting you pause for your castle photo), but you cannot just wander around the park and you definitely don't have access to FPs of any kind.

I tried that a few times and every time I bit my tongue or my lip. I thought it was Mick Jagger but some well known rock star had a very distinctive voice because his tongue was misshapen following a mishap where he bit a piece completely through.

I rarely chew.. I just gulp it down...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter