Toy Story Lot shuttle instead of ART?

fromans

Earning My Ears
Hi! I've always been more of a lurker but I finally have a burning question strong enough to force me sign up and post a thread. My family is planning a quick trip this June on the cheap and I have a question about ART passes. We plan to stay at the Clarion which is close the Toy Story Lot and someone told me that you could just walk down and catch the Disney shuttle from there. Is this really a viable option? I don't want to break any rules but at the same time it seems silly to buy ART passes if I don't need them. Any input on this would be appreciated!

there are sidewalks and walkways from the Harbor Blvd entrance to the bus loading area.

so far I haven't had a problem walking in.

Welcome!

It's not against the rules to go catch the Toy Story shuttle and you'll see plenty of other people doing it! ART might be more convenient depending on where the stop is, but it's really easy to use toy story. You can also walk from there which in my experience takes about the same amount of time as the bus, but using the bus saves your feet from a little extra walking so that's what we did most days when we were staying in that area.

I've stayed at the Clarion 3 different times, and used the Toy Story Shuttle each time. We've never had any problem, and just make sure we enter on the north side of the parking lot entrance. You can take a quick left as you are walking in and walk on the opposite side of the hedge so you are away from the cars as they enter the parking lot. There is an ART stop right outside the Clarion lobby, but I have never used it because the TS shuttle is so convenient.

Have a great trip. I've really liked the Clarion. It is showing its age, but for the price, it's great. I love how quiet it is because it is an old cement building, and the staff has always been really nice!

We have stayed at Homewood Suites and used the Toy Story shuttle every time. Never a problem.

We have walked there and used it from Homewood Suites and the Raffles Inn. It is no problem whatsoever. Free and I would say more convenient usually because you don’t have to wait for shuttles.

Not trying to start an argument, but isn't that stealing?

People pay to use the lot, and the agreement of using the lot is to take a shuttle to DL. It's like taking a piece of candy from the Brachs candy bin at the grocery store, even though it's open doesn't mean help yourself.

People pay to use the lot, and the agreement of using the lot is to take a shuttle to DL. It's like taking a piece of candy from the Brachs candy bin at the grocery store, even though it's open doesn't mean help yourself.
Another way to think about it is Disney is providing a free shuttle service to bring people into the park where they will spend a ton of money on admission, food and souvenirs. It’s Disney’s bus and they don’t have any rule against using it nor do they do anything to discourage it. In fact, it’s probably in their best interest to make it as easy as possible for people to get to the park. Doesn’t seem like stealing to me.

So kind of like a grocery store, they put stuff out there to BUY. But you still want to take something for free and eat it.

Even though they charge people to use the lot, your ok with it as long as they don't put a turnstile on the sidewalk?

I have a big “rule follower” in my family. We stayed at the Homewood on our last trip. To make them feel better, we asked everytime we went. Every CM said, “absolutely, you can ride”. One even commented that the parking lot was empty and there were six busses lined up just to take the hotel guests to the park—this was in January.

We use the Toy Story lot when we stay at Homewood or Hilton. I’ve also asked the CMs about it and were told it’s not an issue.

Even though they charge people to use the lot, your ok with it as long as they don't put a turnstile on the sidewalk?
The sidewalk leads right past the CM's and toward the shuttles, and I think there might even be signs directing people to the shuttles (not sure about that). Basically the way it's set up it seems like they're encouraging people to come in and use it, and they've given no indication otherwise. The people who are paying for parking are paying for parking, not the shuttle. At the grocery store, the prices on the merchandise are a clear indication that you're supposed to pay for them. If Disney gave any indication at all that the shuttles aren't free to use then I wouldn't.

Just to play Devil's Advocate (I have no issue with people using the shuttles when they haven't parked there), it could certainly be argued that the sidewalks are for people who parked in the lot and decided to walk to or from the park for whatever reason, not for people staying near the lot and walking in from another hotel. Same with the signs directing people to the shuttles, they could be for people who have parked and are walking to the shuttles. Again, I have no issue and know the CMs say it's fine, just presenting a reason for the sidewalks and signs.

Even though the shuttle is in the parking lot, it's there to take people into Disneyland whether they've parked there or not. It's definitely not stealing and, as several people have posted, CMs have confirmed that it's perfectly fine for anyone to use. Why wouldn't Disneyland want to provide an easy way for the maximum number of people to get into the parks?

That said, we used the shuttle in November when we stayed at the Homewood. The first morning, we drove in from LA and didn't get to the shuttle until shortly after 9:00 a.m. There was a fairly long line and it took us about 25 minutes to get on a bus. The next two mornings, we ended up taking Uber to the parks. It saved us time and the extra steps to get to the shuttle area. We also encountered long lines to get on return shuttles at night. It was Thanksgiving week so the parks were very crowded. Although we loved the Homewood, I will probably look for a hotel directly across Harbor on our next trip.

No. It’s not stealing. People pay to park in the lot, not to use the shuttle. The shuttle is for the convenience for parkers and non-parkers alike. This has been confirmed by several CMs, there’s no signs prohibiting it, and it’s common knowledge that non-parking guests use the shuttle. It’s not stealing.

So kind of like a grocery store, they put stuff out there to BUY. But you still want to take something for free and eat it.

Now it sounds like you are trying to start an argument.

Take the bus in the Toy Story lot, its free. The ART costs money and is often a nightmare to deal with. It can be terribly inconsistent at times. Even if the ART was free I'd still go to the toy Story lot and take the bus if I was not in walking distance to the parks.

That is a good question, but no, it's not stealing. It's a courtesy put there by the Disneyland resort for its guests to get to the parks easier. I think if it ever became a problem they would address it. People also take the shuttle at the Mickey and Friends parking structure with no issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter