Toy Story Lot Pedestrian Entrance off Katella

ColoradoMom!!

Disneyland 1971 with Mickey and Me
Image 11-1-22 at 1.16 PM.jpg
I have used the Pedestrian entrance off of Harbor with no problem in the past. This picture is dated July 2021 with a no Ped sign on both sides of the entrance off Katella. Our hotel is close to this location for our stay in a month. Can anyone with recent experience verify if one can walk in this entrance and use the shuttle?

I had a similar question. I pulled up street view on Bing maps and the No Ped signs weren't there. The picture was from March 2022.

Thanks! That's encouraging.

You know, if we have to walk to the parks in the beginning of the day, we could at least take the shuttle back to the lot at night, and walk out without trouble I would imagine.

There is a gate on the right side (inbound side) from your picture point of view so physically it isn’t possible to enter by foot. The left side of your pic has a sidewalk all the way at in. It could be an operational thing where they reserve the right to put both signs up under different circumstances (when there is a lot of outbound traffic at certain times of day or something), but we personally entered from that side last year (Oct 2021) and definitely saw it being used 2 weeks ago as our bus exited on the way to the park. Since we have used it and people ask form time to time I always try to see if people are coming in that way or not on our trips.

You know, I have friends who just got back from their first vacation about two weeks ago. They stayed at the Cortona Inn, so I suggested they just hope on the Toy Story shuttle. They said this worked fine, but they *were* questioned by one of the workers there on the last day, who apparently saw them walking from a ways away. He asked them if they were parked there or if they'd walked in. One of my friends piped up and said "We're just parked really far away". And that was that. I have been wondering if they're taking exception to people walking in, or if that was just a weird fluke.

The sidewalk ends right where the bushes are to allow vehicle access to that side of the lot for employees or something so physically there isn’t a path to enter by foot without walking on the asphalt. The left side has a gate too (I assume to secure the lot at night), but it I haven’t ever seen it closed in the day. There may be days or circumstances when the employees care and others where they don’t.

Last edited:
On my recent (and only overnight) trip to Disneyland in August, we stayed at Hyatt House Anaheim and, on the second day, after lunch we decided to take a break at the hotel, using the shuttle to the Toy Story parking lot to compare times. Don't ask me how, but we got lost after being dropped off, ended up walking all the way to a corner where there were no gates (only high green fences) and it took us 40 minutes (versus 13 minutes walking) to get to the hotel.

Maybe it was due to the fact there were almost no people taking the bus that hour. If you have never been, either go the day before to get familiar how to get there (walking) or hope there is a crowd of people that you can just follow. The day I went, we were literally the only ones NOT parked there.

After that day, we decided ALWAYS to walk versus taking the bus :)

I typically see the no pedestrian sign for one side of the entrance on Katella, not harbor. We stayed at hotel Indigo two weeks ago, and we were able to take the bus back to the toy story lot and walk out of the other side of the Katella entrance. Tons of people were heading towards the exit on harbor.

Does anyone know how often the buses depart? We are staying at the Hampton next month - trying to decide if we should plan to walk the 20 mins or shuttle (we will have a 6 year old, but she can easily walk 10k+ in a day). TIA

I asked this same question about a month ago and several people said yes you can enter from Katella, all with recent experience in doing so. I also found a YouTube video of someone walking from Cambria to the buses, it was a very helpful visual.

Does anyone know how often the buses depart? We are staying at the Hampton next month - trying to decide if we should plan to walk the 20 mins or shuttle (we will have a 6 year old, but she can easily walk 10k+ in a day). TIA

In my experience, the buses are constantly running. As in, they fill up one bus, and the next bus is right behind it and ready to go.

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hampton on Katella. We used the buses from the Toy Story lot for all 3 of our park days. No problems walking in from Katella. The stream of buses was constant, both at the Toy Story lot and at the parks at the end of the night, with usually several buses lined up so that as soon as they load one up another one takes its place. As a WDW regular, it was refreshing to be able to take a bus at the end of the night that was not packed to standing room only. From what we experienced, first thing in the morning, you clear security before boarding the bus at the Toy Story lot. When returning to the park late in the day/evening, they drop you off in a different spot so that you clear security as you enter the Esplanade.

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hampton on Katella. We used the buses from the Toy Story lot for all 3 of our park days. No problems walking in from Katella. The stream of buses was constant, both at the Toy Story lot and at the parks at the end of the night, with usually several buses lined up so that as soon as they load one up another one takes its place. As a WDW regular, it was refreshing to be able to take a bus at the end of the night that was not packed to standing room only. From what we experienced, first thing in the morning, you clear security before boarding the bus at the Toy Story lot. When returning to the park late in the day/evening, they drop you off in a different spot so that you clear security as you enter the Esplanade.
Great, thank you so much! How was your stay? We cancelled a closer hotel for this one because it looked cleaner and our daughter really wanted to sleep in her own room (and wanted bunk beds - her vacation too!). It also saves us about $50/night, which adds up at 7 nights.

I think with a 6 year old we will probably stay in the parks until she is maxed out and not go back.

Our last several trips we've stayed at the Worldmark on Katella and walked to the Toy Story lot. No issues, and very convenient. The buses are always running, and I love that they have security check at the lot in the mornings, so we can bypass the security lines at the parks. On our most recent trip a few weeks ago, my husband was on a scooter due to knee replacement surgery, and they were super helpful at this lot and at the departure from the parks.

Great, thank you so much! How was your stay? We cancelled a closer hotel for this one because it looked cleaner and our daughter really wanted to sleep in her own room (and wanted bunk beds - her vacation too!). It also saves us about $50/night, which adds up at 7 nights.

I think with a 6 year old we will probably stay in the parks until she is maxed out and not go back.
Our stay was great. The hotel was very clean and the location worked well for us. I would absolutely stay there again for a Disneyland visit.

Do you have to show a Disneyland ticket to get on the bus? My daughter and I are going to a cheer competition in a few weeks but aren’t doing disney. We are staying close to the convention center but wanted to go shop downtown Disney and grab lunch one day. Can we get on a bus at Toy Story parking even if we aren't going into the parks?

Do you have to show a Disneyland ticket to get on the bus? My daughter and I are going to a cheer competition in a few weeks but aren’t doing disney. We are staying close to the convention center but wanted to go shop downtown Disney and grab lunch one day. Can we get on a bus at Toy Story parking even if we aren't going into the parks?
You do not need to show your ticket to get on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter