Toy Story Land Opening Day... Hollywood Studios Parking Hours?

JonnaP

Mouseketeer
We'll be heading to HS for Toy Story Land opening day, does anyone know what time the parking lot will open that day (or normal parking hours)?

Thanks!!!
JP

What time are you thinking? I am in the same boat and I have no idea what time to even target.

We are at Poly, and also wondering how early WDW transportation can get us there. And how early we want or need to get there, lol.

What time are you thinking? I am in the same boat and I have no idea what time to even target.
For opening day, I'd say some people will start arriving around 4am. I personally wouldn't do anything too crazy but I wouldn't show up any less than 90 min prior to opening

Thank you all so much. I think I will target 6am- at the gates. It seems kinda reasonable and will still put us ahead of folks who think that's crazy early. Does anyone know what to expect? Will there be a grand opening ceremony? Will we be able to go straight to the land? I'm too late for FP so we will be waiting!

Thank you all so much. I think I will target 6am- at the gates. It seems kinda reasonable and will still put us ahead of folks who think that's crazy early. Does anyone know what to expect? Will there be a grand opening ceremony? Will we be able to go straight to the land? I'm too late for FP so we will be waiting!
for Pandora they did opening celebration ( I think Wednesday) and when the land opened Saturday you just went right too the land. here is a very good vlog on opening of pandora last year I think it should be about the same if not a little less busy for TSL

I think I've mentioned this before on the official tsland thread, I arrived at AK for opening day at Pandora at 5am and had a lot of people in front of me, almost didn't make it into the actual land before they closed it for capacity, so if you don't want to wait hours inside DHS to go into the land i would go as early as possible.
I'm not sure what TSLand capacity is but I feel it's about the same size if not smaller than Pandora @rteetz might have some insight on land size compared to Pandora

Last edited:
I have a personal rule that I'm not waking up before 5am. But I'll be getting up at 5am and heading straight to HS then.

I was at Pandora opening as well but went a little later (I think I got there about 7am) and we were in the huge group of people who got herded through backstage (to the right of the main gate that comes out behind Dinosaur) and we still made it in because we had fastpasses. Although it was crazy and we waited in the line to get into Windtraders, it was really fun and a great atmosphere.

I'm assuming Toy Story Land will do the same if they hit capacity, only let those people in who have fastpasses within the 10 minute window. But I'd like to try to get there as early as possible and see if I can hit a somewhat shorter queue for Slinky Dog, as I couldn't fastpass it until later in the week.

I think I've mentioned this before on the official tsland thread, I arrived at AK for opening day at Pandora at 5am and had a lot of people in front of me, almost didn't make it into the actual land before they closed it for capacity, so if you don't want to wait hours inside DHS to go into the land i would go as early as possible.
I'm not sure what TSLand capacity is but I feel it's about the same size if not smaller than Pandora @rteetz might have some insight on land size compared to Pandora
We got to AK at 6:33 (just checked my Lyft ride history for drop off time) for the 7:00 am opening. No bags for bag check, got right in ticket gate
We made it in to the land that morning but I think the difference may have been, we got in with EMH. Did you have to wait for official opening or did you have a room on property that night?

Thanks everyone for the replies. My daughter and I are early birds by nature... I got us a room at Boardwalk so I plan on walking over- I think we target leaving at 4am. That way we should be sure to be towards the front. We don't have fast passes for anything in the land because DH just gave us the go ahead.

Does anyone know where the opening day merchandise will be sold? I don't recall if there is a named store in TSL (like Windtraders in Pandora).

I couldn't do this without my Disboards peeps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter