Towncar vs Mears from Akl to Universal?

Badgerfan

Mouseketeer
Need some help deciding on which way to go. We are staying at AKL and plan to spend a day at Universal. We don't want to rent a car to just go back and forth for the day, so it has come down to a towncar or Mears. I know Mears is cheaper but how is the service? Do we need to call from Universal to get picked up to go back or is there a set time to meet? Does Mears make a ton of stops between the two places like it does from the airport to Disney? Anyone who has used either service, I would really appriciate your input on how the process works and what you would recomend. Thanks for your help!:)

Badgerfan

We normally use Happy Limo for our transfers, but we've done Mears to Universal a few times. It was okay, but bear in mind that we weren't in a hurry. They DID stop at a couple other hotels on the way, and normally on the way back we've had to wait a little bit before the bus arrives (of course, we generally leave when the parks close, so it is a zoo). On they way out, we've been in a van, and on the way back we've been in a giant bus. A towncar is definitely the more relaxing option if you don't like stops and waiting.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks for your reply Barb. I have one question though. If I go the Towncar route, do I set up a specific time to be picked up to go back, or do I make a call when I'm ready to leave? Also, does Mears just send a bus or van once every hour or half hour to return people, or how does it exactly work? Thanks.

Lance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter