• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tower of terror

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
I've ridden tower of terror before but only vaguely remember the storyline & setting. I was riding for the drop! I am wondering how scary the beginning portion is when the tell the story & also how clear the story is...

My 7 year old would do fine with the drop part of the ride as she has done similar things and hasn't been scared. However, she gets upset with scary movies. Do you have to pay attention to understand the backstory? I'm thinking maybe it would be over her head and not bother her...

Just do a YouTube search and you can see the opening video for yourself.

Last edited:

Story not that scary. Guests from 1940's get into elevator, enter twilight zone. Then you see them again and a few other images as you go down hallway. Next thing you know you see line of white light and you drop :scared1: .... :wave:

I took my daughter on the DLP version when she was 4 and again at 6. Both of those trips she refused to ride haunted mansion. She didn't find the theming to be very spooky at all. In fact when she was 4, she walked in and said "wow, they need to clean this hotel, there's cobwebs everywhere!". I'm not sure she really "got it"

My son is very sensitive to "spooky" and tot can get to him. He likes the ride enough to deal with it some of the time. But then, at dhs the CMs can get super-creepy. DH and I were doing unofficial (with FP) child swap one night and a tall skinny creepy cm was standing just inside the interior door to the lobby area and spooked both of us by stepping out just as we entered. We had considered making ds go on because of the time switching out would take us but after that we were so glad we hadn't. The cm wasn't waiting to see who was in the parties; he was just stepping out.

It really depends on how the child feels about spooky things. My daughter hated ToT so much at 15 because of the spooky elements that she wouldn't ride it again when she was 17. (When we went back the third time we never made it on, but she said she would have done it again now.)

But yeah, it really depends. I had a nephew watching horror movies at way too young who was never afraid of anything. My daughter still has nightmares if she watches something too scary, and she'll be 22 soon.

My thrill seeking roller coaster rider 11yo won't ride it again because of the theming, which was a bummer when his 4yo brother rode it at Disneyland...which had less theming and more drops.
Depends on the kiddo. Video is a good start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter