Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

I believe the high last year was 89,I think you should consider yourself lucky if the high is 85.The race last year was hot and humid, a high of 85 should make for a somewhat cooler evening,it's too early in the month to expect significantly lower temps.

My sister and I did this race last year and it was hot. This year I trained with the heat so that if it is cooler so much the better. If it is hot and humid its just another run around the block.

Another question. has anyone heard when the tracking is going to open? RunDisney site is not showing it yet.

I'm curious what everyone's race day plans are? Ive scheduled a 930 breakfast and grand floridian pedi, we were just going to hang out and relax until nap time but now I'm thinking we could hit up a park for a few hours or go to DTD. When we first planned the race things were different and I thought we should basically keep off our feet, but now I've been training so much that I think we will be fine. Just curious what everyone's race day plans are :)

Our plan is to sleep in as we are doing MNSSHP the night before, head to DTD around 10AM, eat lunch @ Wolfgang Puck Cafe, possibly see a movie, and head back to the hotel around 3PM for a 2 hour nap, having dinner around 5PM and relaxing.

Up at 330am eat prepare for the happy haunted 5k with the wife and daughter. Then clean up eat again go to magic kingdom for a little bit with the rest of the family. Hopefully napping for few hours dinner at chef mickeys and then off to 10miler

I'm curious what everyone's race day plans are? Ive scheduled a 930 breakfast and grand floridian pedi, we were just going to hang out and relax until nap time but now I'm thinking we could hit up a park for a few hours or go to DTD. When we first planned the race things were different and I thought we should basically keep off our feet, but now I've been training so much that I think we will be fine. Just curious what everyone's race day plans are :)

Is this before the race? I'd be REALLY hesitant to get a pedi before the race. It's a great treat after but day of/before I think it's just asking for blisters

Our plans for Saturday are to mostly take it easy too. We're going to the Halloween party the night before so sleeping in, late breakfast at Ohana, and then hanging out by the pool and a nap. Small dinner at 5 and then getting ready for the race!

Is this before the race? I'd be REALLY hesitant to get a pedi before the race. It's a great treat after but day of/before I think it's just asking for blisters

I always get pedicures before a race (especially "destination" ones where I know I'll be going to a pool or beach in the days before the race.) Other people can get my toenails shorter/more evenly cut than I can, so it helps there. I just tell them not to take off the callouses on my feet, because I need them! ;)

Currently hooked up to a wonderful portable belt and transmitter package for a capsule endoscopy test for Crohn's disease. Near tears. This has been a nightmare year for me and this race can't come fast enough. It's all that's keeping me going and the motivation to finish the race is the same motivation that's getting me through the 20 thousand tests they've done.
:hug: I am so sorry! Here's to getting through the latest and then having heaps of FUN in a week and a half!

My sister and I did this race last year and it was hot. This year I trained with the heat so that if it is cooler so much the better. If it is hot and humid its just another run around the block.
:thumbsup2 My approach, exactly!

Another question. has anyone heard when the tracking is going to open? RunDisney site is not showing it yet.
Nothing, Not a peep. Aggravating...

I'm curious what everyone's race day plans are?
I just added Fri night, so I'll have the whole day... and I have NO plans at all! I'd like to sleep as late as I can (which will be aided by not having the cat wake me up at 4am lol!) that morning, then lounge around the rest of the day, reading and watching football. Mama needs a break from the usual action! ;)

Up at 330am eat prepare for the happy haunted 5k with the wife and daughter. Then clean up eat again go to magic kingdom for a little bit with the rest of the family. Hopefully napping for few hours dinner at chef mickeys and then off to 10miler

You'll be getting up at 3:30am,I'll be going to bed at 3:30am after doing Halloween Horror Nights Friday night.Saturday I'll be sleeping until I get up,11am,noon,whatever,the later I get up the fresher I'll be for the race.I think I'll go to MK for a few FP + scheduled rides,then to Epcot to see the first Starship concert at 5:30,get something to eat and head over to DHS by boat,last year I walked over from Epcot and got up early,not this year,I have 10 miles to run,nothing to tire me out.

As the day gets closer, I'm starting to get like a nervous excited feeling. First RunDisney race, so looking forward to this trip!

Also doing MNSSHP Friday night. No alcohol in the MK to temp me like EP and a great way to get on a later schedule. Sleeping in, hitting HS for some early FP+ and riding TOT for motivation! Then onto EP for a late lunch.

I have a 3:15 Tutto Italia ADR - I'd wanted more like 4, but the closest was 4:30. I figured this way we would be done by 5 and walk back to the BC to have a couple of hours at the pool, hot tub, to relax, then get showered and changed and ready. I eat pasta at least every other day so I know my stomach can handle it, so I figured I'd pile it in and then have a banana or something as I walked to the race. I didn't want to risk an upset stomach from nerves closer to the race, or anything like that. But, it isn't an option to run at night here (he was caught, but there was an issue with a guy raping joggers early in the morning the last couple of weeks! that's right, joggers plural). So the latest I've ran is really around 7pm lately and inside at dusk, so I eat after. I'd like to run that late to have a more cemented idea but since it's not an option, I'm open to any thoughts about why this plan will fail miserably!

Sunday will be sleeping until around 10 and then off to EP for the day and Biergarten lunch to celebrate. Definitely hitting F&W pretty hard too and the concerts. So very happy I booked my hotel right after registering so I snagged BC. I'm going to avoid busses as much as humanly possible!

Side note - will wearing my medal the next day at EP be...weird??

I think it is the same thing - get on the website at 6 am and try to sign up for a spot. I had such a hard time signing up at time that I gave up and just bought some for kids sizes, for which there is no wait, no signups.

I had no idea there was a sign-up. Can you tell I'm a first-timer? lol

I need to be on the web at 6am the day expo opens? Can anyone share the link with me?

What time do you think folks actually start lining up at WWoS to get into the Expo?

I had no idea there was a sign-up. Can you tell I'm a first-timer? lol I need to be on the web at 6am the day expo opens? Can anyone share the link with me? What time do you think folks actually start lining up at WWoS to get into the Expo?

I think you can access the instructions through your virtual goody bag - click on the New balance link and it explains it. I was getting on a plane the last time and it was really hard to fill it out. You have to provide your size, race #, etc and then you can get an appointment time at the expo. Lining up now is mostly people with appointments. I think you can still go to the expo and try to get an appointment.

Side note - will wearing my medal the next day at EP be...weird??

I wore my medal for four days after and I was not alone. Actually by the fourth day I was feeling silly, but brought it because we were going to DHS and I wanted it on TOT. I forgot to take it off after, and while sitting waiting for DH and DS to be done with RnR another runner walked by. He had his medal on and told me he was feeling silly and was going to take it off and then he saw me. We made a pact to keep them on that day. So I did.

Wearing it once home will be odd. At least, out in public. So wear it while there!

Ok, our original plans were to hit the Expo and Epcot on Friday, I'm running the 5K Sat. morning while the wife sleeps in. Then we planned on hitting Downtown, take it easy, grab some food, probably pass on the nap, I mean, it's Disney. Run and close the Bash down. Then on Sunday, either hang by the pool or hit a water park and then that night catch the Halloween party at MK. Then on Monday hit MK all day and we leave on Tuesday.

BUT NOW, you've got me thinking. Do I hit the Expo, chill and hit the Halloween party on Friday night, get up early Saturday and run, go to DD and relax and run and close the Bash down. Then on Sunday sleep a little later and hit Epcot and then MK on Monday????????

I only operate on about 5 hours of sleep a night, so that's not a big worry. Just trying to figure out if Friday for the party or Sunday. And Epcot on Friday or Sunday? The W&D is throwing me off.

:hourglass

My race day plans are to go to MK in the mid-morning/early afternoon, head back to the room to take a nap, and then have dinner at the GF Cafe at 5:00. Then I suppose we'll be getting into our race costumes and getting ready to go! I'm doing MNSSHP Friday night so hopefully I can sleep in a little bit Saturday morning, to help me make it through the Villains Bash!

Anyone else hitting up the expo on Saturday morning? We're not getting to WDW until Friday night.

My plan is to hit the expo when it opens, then DTD with WPE as lunch for my big meal of the day. Then relaxing at the resort, napping, getting ready before the race.

Hoping to sleep as late as possible on Sunday as I hope to close the bash down after the race. Then resort/DTD again and maybe a movie.

We've got park days Monday and Tuesday and then home on Wednesday after breakfast at Boma.

Getting excited!

Anyone else hitting up the expo on Saturday morning? We're not getting to WDW until Friday night. My plan is to hit the expo when it opens, then DTD with WPE as lunch for my big meal of the day. Then relaxing at the resort, napping, getting ready before the race. Hoping to sleep as late as possible on Sunday as I hope to close the bash down after the race. Then resort/DTD again and maybe a movie. We've got park days Monday and Tuesday and then home on Wednesday after breakfast at Boma. Getting excited!

I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter