tours of paris?

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
We will be going to Paris and DLP in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone can recommend sightseeing tours of Paris. I've heard of companies such as Cityrama and Opentour, but don't know if they would be good. Are we better off acquainting ourselves of the city by walking and metro? Any suggestions? :confused3

We were there in this past August.
We highly recomend using the RER subway to go into Paris for the day it costed $12 euro(for both of us) for the day pass. took about 45 mins. to an hour to get to the Eiffel tower. Saved us BIG BUCKS over Disneys excursion!!
You can get off and on wherever you wanted to go.
We also went to the Disney store on the Champs Eulisee(spelling??!) and McDonalds.
The subway is very easy to use--Disneland is at the very end of the line east of Paris.

Scott

I don't remember how many days you're in Paris. But I've found that a lot of first-time visitors (or families that include first-time visitors ;) ) seem to enjoy a city excursion tour on their first day. Something that shows them the main sites and gives descriptions, an overview, that kind of thing. There are a good number of such tours that do this in 2-3 hours or so, which is probably a good length. We find out about a lot of things without taking too much of your actual touring time. If weather permits, go for a tour on an open-top bus, as the best part may be the beautiful views of the city.

It's been a while since I've done one of these myself. I'll ask some people I know if they remember which tours they liked. Cityrama does seem to be the most popular company.

If you only have a limited amount of time in Paris, I would not go for a tour any longer than half a day. Also, be aware that just because some attractions just may not be visited on a tour, they still may be very much worth a visit. Some may just be not convinient on a tour route, and some of the smaller streets in the city may not even allow buses.

Get your self a good map showing the attractions & then walk & use Metro.

You can't possibly experience Paris from inside a coach.

Just remember to wear comfy shoes or trainers.

We'll have about 4 days in Paris so I like the idea of a "get-acquainted" tour. I was there 25 years ago, but my husband and sons will be experiencing it for the 1st time. I think after we get an overview, then walking and metro will be the way to go. If we decide to take an overview tour with Cityrama, is that something we should book in advance from home for the day we arrive, or can we book it there once we arrive. We'll be staying in the city, so could the concierge do it the same day or should it be in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter