TouringPlans subscription worth it for ONLY Lines?

ArielSparrow

wanderin' free
I am staying offsite, already know which day I'm going to which park (using 3-4 different crowd calendars), having my dining plans set. As I work out my schedule in Google Docs using tips from wdwprepschool and others, I wonder if it's worth it to get a TouringPlans subscription? I think a lot of the features are irrelevant at this point and all that remains is the app. Looking at that alone, is it worth it over free solutions? Also, how does battery usage compare to MDE?

I’ve been a subscriber for years. On their wait times, they have the Disney number and an expected wait time. I find the expected to be more accurate. I also like looking at their crowd predictions. I also got a great room using their fax service last December.

Yeah, the expected wait times are why I'm considering it. I'm not changing my hotel or order of days at this point (I used a weighted average comparing TP to UndercoverTourist to Kenny the Pirate and other factors such as hours as ADR availability).

What about using it for the plans? I am building it in Google Docs just using free resources, but the optimize/evaluate buttons intrigue me. Have people found those useful or do you just stick to the original plan?

I bought it strictly for the fax option. Ill let you know how that goes. Other then that, most of the stuff they offer can be found elsewhere, but they do have a pretty nice set up at their website, and it deff motivates you.

I think the Lines function is worth it..we are only talking $10-14. I found out much more accurate than the MDE app a lot of the time...helps make decisions. The other stuff is bonus if need it.

I've used it just for lines and found it worth it. This last trip I used plans create personalized plans the night before. I usually use a spread sheet which I made in advance. Used touring plans when we decided to park hop and it worked great.

What about using it for the plans? I am building it in Google Docs just using free resources, but the optimize/evaluate buttons intrigue me. Have people found those useful or do you just stick to the original plan?

Pretty sure you can use the Optimize and Evaluate option if you create you own Plan without subscribing. I am a subscriber, but I've used the touring planner on my other account without a sub and was able to optimize it.

I subscribe and use it for the lines and a more accurate park hopping personalized touring plan

Yes, I use it specifically for the lines part only. Crowd calendars are completely and totally useless IMO, any of them, so I don't care about that. Not into plans because we like to do our own thing, not what a computer says we should do. However, the crowd sourced standby wait time is nice to have on the rare occasions we want to get on a ride without using a FP+.

was worth it for Lines info; helped figure out what attractions to go on Standby and which to get for a 4th, 5th, 6th....FP+

I love touring plans but more so for working out our plans with their estimated wait times, although not precise it is certainly better than my guesses. I have opened the app to use in the parks but never found it very useful

I use it specifically for the lines app only and absolutely feel it's worth it just for that.

I like creating my own plans. I often optimize to start then shift things around and evaluate. I feel like it gives me a good idea of what I can get done.

Once in the park I like being able to use Lines to check things off as complete. I like seeing both wait times. The menu feature is nice too.

Yes.

I’ve been a subscriber for years. On their wait times, they have the Disney number and an expected wait time. I find the expected to be more accurate. I also like looking at their crowd predictions. I also got a great room using their fax service last December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter