Touringplans.com worth it?

SteveMP

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

Going to WDW end of next month, purchased the 4 day magic tickets and trying to plan out when to go where. I have heard people mention "Touring Plans", does that mean the website touringplans.com? Is that recommended/worth the money? Or is it easy enough to plan out the 4 days with the Disney site and this site?

I would say there is no need (usually) to pay. I've been able to find everything I need, and used the free personalized tools to make my plans. If you want access to the "pre-planned" touring plans and all the other tools, then the fee is reasonable I guess. Try creating a basic access account and see if your happy. If not, pay for the premium for the stuff.

we like it becuase you can put in a room request and see the views from the different rooms - has come in hand for planning upcoming trips as well

I have the free membership, gives you access to their line app. which seems to be a tad more accurate and easy to get to than the MDE version. Otherwise, worth it is subjective. I think it would depend on how much planning you want to do. We aren't planners, heck half the time we don't even make FPs until we are on the way to a park since half the time we don't know what park we are going to until we leave the room in the morning. We aren't picky about our room location or the view and we have never had a problem finding somewhere to get an ADR the day of.

loves to dive obviously is not visiting Disney as a potentially once in a lifetime family experience as many others might. We go about twice a year and don't find the need for a membership either but I can see the value for someone wanting to maximize a 4 day visit who has little or no experience with a Disneyworld holiday. If you go through the mousesavers.com page, I think the cost of a touringplans membership is just over $10 for a year. When added into the overall family budget for a Disneyworld holiday, that is practically nothing.

we like it becuase you can put in a room request and see the views from the different rooms - has come in hand for planning upcoming trips as well
Is that a paid service? I haven't put in a room request but been able to use the room finder on the basic sign up?

Is that a paid service? I haven't put in a room request but been able to use the room finder on the basic sign up?

It is included with the yearly subscription. You will fill out an online form and touringplans faxes your room request to the resort in advance of your arrival.

Those who have used it suggest it can improve your odds of getting the room you want. Of course, if you want to put in the extra time and effort you can always do this yourself!

I love their plans and their descriptions and ratings of rides by the author and by age group. They also report on Extra Magic Hours, ride refurbishments, etc. If I get fastpasses that don't make sense they have it so I don't use them in the plans and that lets me know different options would be better. I start with one of their premium touring plans and then subtract things I don't want to do/add things I want to do. // With all the FP+ stuff etc. it's nice to have a computer model give you an efficient order, fill in other stuff for you, so you aren't waiting around. // I have toured many times with and without the plans and with is way better in my book.

I'm a huge fan and use these on every trip now, even if I am only doing one day at a Disney park.

I love the app and the chat group in the app. So yes i find it worth it​

I always pay for it when I have a trip planned. I use it to help plan my days. Love to customize my plans. I show up with a plan in mind and then go with the flow and let things happen once I get there. Tweaking my plans while I wait for my trip is part of my fun. I don't like to do a lot of Park crossing. So I will play with several options and move things around and reevaluate until I'm happy with the wait vs walking time. Mostly I work my FPs so I can do a circle in the park and not backtrack much.

I use the paid service and i don't regret purchasing it one bit. It's been worth it for the reservation finder and will be for the faxed room request. I love being able to check out the hotel room views as well!

Just pay for it and see if you like it. Given the cost of a trip to WDW the price of Touring Plans is a essentially a rounding error and insignificant.

Agreed!
We have used it for all 3 of our trips and have definitely gotten our $$ out of it.

Definitely worth it and really at under $15 it's such a minuscule percentage of the overall cost of a WDW trip. I purchased it at just a little under a year in advance of our trip so I could become familiar with how all the tools work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter