TOURINGPLANS.COM - August Crowd Levels Reduced By 2 Digits!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touring Plans now has DHS at a 1 on a Sunday. I just can't believe that any Disney park will EVER be a 1 on a weekend day.

Is this all because they think people are postponing until after Star Wars opens? I feel like just as many people want to squeeze in 1 more trip BEFORE it opens and the craziness begins
So, I just returned from a trip last week. Crowd levels were much lower than I expected.

Several people asked me when I returned why I would go before Start Wars opened.

Not sure if that is the reason why, or if Disney can handle more crowds, or if people are choosing other vacation options. Or are they choosing to visit the world at different times. I have also mentioned that I believe more people are willing to go at different times (perhaps pulling children from school, perhaps utilizing different school holidays).

Our trip Thanksgiving week also dropped. The weekend before Thanksgiving is now showing 2s and 3s. I just don't believe it. Unless this is the new standard. There is no way MK is gonna be a 1-2 so close to the holiday.

On Friday the weekend before Thanksgiving week is now showing a 1 crowd level. Come on, really? I know it is a MVMCP night but still a 1...

Similar email for November. A lot of 1s and 2s. Frankly, I don't believe it's even remotely correct. It's marathon weekend, the start of Jersey week and the second to last Food and Wine weekend. I guess we'll see but unless Disney is seeing some dramatically lower bookings/crowds this year, I can't see it being right.

We used to go that week every year, and I personally agree with you, I do not think that 1s and 2s are very realistic for that week. I am pretty skeptical of this, especially since it appears that so many different dates are seeing this same degree of a reduction.

Wow thanks for the negative vibes

Have you been following your dates for a few months? Each month my dates go up or down a few points. No worries. I doubt there's much difference between a 2 and 4 or 6 and 8 anyway.

Have you been following your dates for a few months? Each month my dates go up or down a few points. No worries. I doubt there's much difference between a 2 and 4 or 6 and 8 anyway.

Yeah I know and I take it like I take the weather. Sometimes its right and sometimes its wrong but either way I am going to enjoy myself.

I'm not a subscriber, so I can't see it for the last week of August. Can you share what the estimated crowd levels are for 8/26-8/30? Thanks.

The crowd levels also dropped for our trip march 29-April 7. Especially happy to see our ak days have gone from 10s to 6s,7s and one 5. Pretty happy with that considering it's our spring break trip. Hoping to continue to see low numbers!

I'm not a subscriber, so I can't see it for the last week of August. Can you share what the estimated crowd levels are for 8/26-8/30? Thanks.

Aug 26
MK 3
EP 4
HS 2
AK 2

Aug 27
MK 4
EP 4
HS 3
AK 3

Aug 28
MK 1 (MNSSHP)
EP 5
HS 3
AK 3

Aug 29
MK 4
EP 3
HS 3
AK 2

Aug 30
MK 3
EP 3
HS 3
AK 2

Agree that the numbers will likely creep back up again somewhat, but I think the drop represents a lower than expected impact of Toy Story Land and a continuation of relatively soft crowds so far this summer - presumably as folks hold off in favor of waiting for Galaxy’s Edge, etc.

interesting since november on property room availbility for jersey week shows nothing really available in inventory especially no standard rooms across property. so just no.

We used to go that week every year, and I personally agree with you, I do not think that 1s and 2s are very realistic for that week. I am pretty skeptical of this, especially since it appears that so many different dates are seeing this same degree of a reduction.
I also got the notices that the 10s dropped to 4s for days like Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week and I don’t believe it. I’ve been there that same week in the past and expect it to be 9 and 10 type crowds. I could see a drop of 1 or 2 levels, but 6 levels from 10 to 4? Nah

Onsite hotels are always packed for the fall because of free dining, deep room-only discounts and DVC members. I was just looking at mid-September today and it was zero non-family suite value availability.

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning (UK time, I really should be in bed already) and none of the days we have planned for our first week are above a 5 for the park we're in on that day. Great news if that's accurate.

Agree that the numbers will likely creep back up again somewhat, but I think the drop represents a lower than expected impact of Toy Story Land and a continuation of relatively soft crowds so far this summer - presumably as folks hold off in favor of waiting for Galaxy’s Edge, etc.

That seems to tie in with the villa we have booked for weeks 2 & 3.

We got in touch with the owners in Sept last year asking about availability for this summer and they told us it was a good job we were asking about 2018 as the whole of the summer 2019 was already booked out.

First week of October here. All dropped. Even Columbus Day weekend.

Everyone waiting for Star Wars i guess?

That being said, dining reservations and the hot ticket fast passes are almost non-existent though.

Ours dropped everyday for jersey week. Even a 1 on a MK day. I’m not buying it. It does still have Veterans Day weekend pretty high.

Luckily we are going in with a good plan and FP+ and will roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter