Touring VGF models?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
We're going down for a trip next week BLT) and are thinking about touring the models.

Do we have to schedule a tour or can we just stop by whenever we might have some free time? If we have to schedule a time, who do we do that through (we have a CA Rep)?

Where at SSR are the models (never been to SSR)?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using DISBoards

As a member you you can tour the models at the top of every hour. You do not need a reservation. We saw them yesterday well worth the time. You are correct they are located at SS.

Not sure. We did it last week and they were booked all day. This was the first day of course, but they told us that we needed reservations all weekend. In fact we showed up for the earlier tour and they made us wait.:confused3

I guess it depends on how busy they are, if they can fit you in I am sure they will or you may have to wait. I would call first just in case.

You can tour each hour on the hour with a group- we find this did not give us much time to really look at and think about the rooms- they did not have availability to look at pricing so if you are thinking about adding on schedule a tour with your guide.

We'll be driving. Any tips on where to go with driving ourselves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

We'll be driving. Any tips on where to go with driving ourselves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Drive to Saratoga Springs and follow the temporary signs to the DVC preview center. They are redoing some roads so giving you exact directions in the resort may not work since it could be changing.

You can tour each hour on the hour with a group- we find this did not give us much time to really look at and think about the rooms- they did not have availability to look at pricing so if you are thinking about adding on schedule a tour with your guide.

Ahh this is probably why the recommend an appointment. All the people in our tour had one and their guides were waiting in a room after. Actually our guide did the tour.we were given a sit down presentation with point info, brochures etc. afterward in e break out rooms.

I was wondering about this also, because I'd really like to go see the models on a "no parks" trip in September. The other question is- how do you get there from your resort? Take a park bus, then transfer to an SSR bus? It would be a nice touch, but am I correct that DVC doesn't provide transportation?

well you use to be able to take a bus to DD and walk over - now guess your plan is the best if you don''t have a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter