• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plans

Definitely not saying that it is pricey. The price is extremely reasonable. I was really just wondering in this day of Covid protocols and no FP+ if the data is accurate making it worth it. Just wasn't sure how they could predict crowds and times at this point.

Definitely not saying that it is pricey. The price is extremely reasonable. I was really just wondering in this day of Covid protocols and no FP+ if the data is accurate making it worth it. Just wasn't sure how they could predict crowds and times at this point.

They aren't just "predicting" wait times they are running off of crowd sourced information. They ask all members to start/end timers on their Lines App to give instant information to others in the park.

Is the info on Touring plans: the park plans, lines app, etc worth it? I mean I seem to find all those things on other sites for free. Are they different enough to make it worth it in your opinion?

Absolutely! For example, in 2018, we went when it was 8-10 on most days (crowd level wise), and STILL did everything we wanted to do because of our plan. We also modified it at times, and it is VERY accurate (especially in real time). We went in August of 2020, and while we did not use it to plan like we normally do, having the accurate wait times helped tremendously and they were almost always within just a few minutes of their predicted time. So, when the Disney App said something was 45 mins and their app said it was 20, it was really actually around 20. It is very much worth it in my opinion.

They aren't just "predicting" wait times they are running off of crowd sourced information. They ask all members to start/end timers on their Lines App to give instant information to others in the park.

So I downloaded the app. I've logged in and everything I see what you were saying where others have submitted their wait times. I do not however see how I will do that when I am in the park. Is that something that only shows up once I'm there?

So I downloaded the app. I've logged in and everything I see what you were saying where others have submitted their wait times. I do not however see how I will do that when I am in the park. Is that something that only shows up once I'm there?
if you look at the list of attractions and their wait times there is a green stop watch icon on the top left of each attraction. You can use that to either start a timer for your wait time or enter a wait time.

I use them specifically for the Lines app and for faxing room requests.

Same here. I don't use anything else on there that needs a subscription (including the crowd calendars) but Lines alone is worth it. I use the room finder with a heavy grain of salt since it's not updated very frequently, but it's been accurate enough more often than not and I'm 3 for 3 so far on requests.

Is the info on Touring plans: the park plans, lines app, etc worth it? I mean I seem to find all those things on other sites for free. Are they different enough to make it worth it in your opinion?
I think it's worth it. I don't follow the plan exactly but it definitely helps organize our days so that it is a little less stressful while at the parks

I am a huge fan of of their personalized plans. After our trip, I estimated that we probably were able to do 40% more because of how it minimized our waiting by bypassing certain attractions and coming back to them later. I also love their ride ratings that you can sort by age, and their ratings of restaurants. We have a trip booked for August, so I'm trying out the room request feature for the first time.

I had wondered how the touring plans were working with the "not our usual WDW" with so many changes and had to debated renewing my subscription for upcoming trip.

Oh this is really GREAT to know. What is my deadline for switching if there is availability: before DHS opens or the park I want to switch to opens?
Thanks so much for this! A friend was there yesterday and I was trying to report some of the wait times as she told me what they were but couldn't figure out how to do it. thought it might be because I was at home but your tip just showed me how.

Appreciate all the tips people share here!!

I am a long time subscriber. I don't do the plans for my quick trips, but it is nice for longer ones and more people. I think it is so worth keeping up though! Love the lines app. Way more accurate than MDE.

I make use of the room requests and dining alerts. I think those are free services, but I am happy to support them since I use those so much! I also love having a record of all my trips in there.

I like it because you can say what is important to you and then optimize your plan each day to minimize backtracking, which is what we feel is the biggest time waster in the parks.

I have subscribed more than 10 years and find it to be well worth it. Going next week and planning to use the ride timer as much as possible (if I can remember to stop it when getting on the rides lol)

Another vote for well worth it - wait times seem to be so much more accurate, based on that real-time feedback from users.

I’ve used TP for MANY years and think it HIGHLY worth it. There’s usually a discount code but even at full price it is a valuable tool. I spends lots of $$ on my Disney trips, this subscription gives me an edge, I’ve gotten most of the room requests they processed, i’ve gotten impossible ADR’s without having to stalk Disney website, I ALWAYS use their line app actual wait time info (never even check MDE). They used to send push notifications when important dates (such as 180 days ADR date) were coming up, so I am always prepared. Sorry for such long post, I can’t express enough how valuable TP is to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter