• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring plans subscription helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Thinking about getting a touring plans subscription for our August trip. We will only have 2 park days MK and HS but I really want to maximize our park time. Would it be helpful? Worth the cost? We have only been once in 2017 and I feel we walked around aimlessly with no real plan except our fast passes and it was hot! Thanks!

For me the most valuable part of the subscription is having the Lines app on my phone while in the parks. It can be more accurate than Disney's posted wait times. I believe you can build your own touring plans on the TouringPlans site without paying for a subscription (they have a free option) but you can't access their pre-made touring plans and you can't access their crowd calendars far in advance (although I don't really think crowd calendars are worth much anyway). I think for the price (and you can get a discount code through Mousesavers, just do a google search - cost is $12.76) it's worth it for the Lines app alone. (I also like the room request feature if you're looking for a specific area of a Disney resort to stay at)

I also recommend checking out Josh's park cheat sheets at easywdw here: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/cheat-...t-sheets-maps-touring-plans-and-wait-times-4/ I'm a huge fan of all his stuff. He lays out touring plans, fp priorities, and important tips/info for successfully touring each park.

I have the TP subscription so I can make customized touring plans with their software. I find it invaluable.

Thinking about getting a touring plans subscription for our August trip. We will only have 2 park days MK and HS but I really want to maximize our park time. Would it be helpful? Worth the cost? We have only been once in 2017 and I feel we walked around aimlessly with no real plan except our fast passes and it was hot! Thanks!

If you want to prevent the aimless walking it will definitely help with that. You can either use their ready made touring plans designed to reduce waits or custom build your own with the rides you specifically want to go on. I use it to get an idea of what's reasonable to accomplish before an ADR for example and also to have everyone agree on a plan ahead of time (for the most part - you do want to allow flexibility and let the group call audibles). We went to Uni without a plan and there was a lot more "well, what do you want to do now.".

Last edited:

I get it mainly for the Lines app~ it is invaluable. It not only gives you the posted time, but the time to expect~ and it is generally very accurate. Sometimes the expected time is less or more than what is posted. I also use the crowd calendar just for fun and to give me something to look at while planning and waiting for the trip~ lol
But the lines app is worth it! I like the layout of everything too~ easy to access exact info you need on the lines app.

I have been to WDW over 20 times and I still subscribe to Touring Plans before each trip. Their lines app is the most accurate. And the crowd calendar is so helpful. I used their touring plans the first few years but now make my own using what I learned from them. They are great about emailing back with specific questions too. I highly recommend them.

i find it worth it. the checklists keep me on schedule and from forgetting things. the fast pass finder is neat. it has a lot of useful features and it's pretty inexpensive.

I think you need to subscribe for this feature (may be wrong), but I use and appreciate being able to track my days and receive email updates when hours change. Works well and keeps me more informed than if I relied on myself to check. Their notices are usually quite quick when Disney makes changes - usually later that day.

I have been debating this as well, I do consider myself a Disney veteran like most people here. But with the parks being busy like they are I think this is just another helpful tool when coming to the parks.

I think you need to subscribe for this feature (may be wrong), but I use and appreciate being able to track my days and receive email updates when hours change. Works well and keeps me more informed than if I relied on myself to check. Their notices are usually quite quick when Disney makes changes - usually later that day.

If you do a customized plan and something in the plan changes (show time is changed or a ride is newly scheduled for refurb, or gives you a warning (not email but in the plan). I've found out about at least one refurb and several show time changes that way.

For me the most valuable part of the subscription is having the Lines app on my phone while in the parks. It can be more accurate than Disney's posted wait times. I believe you can build your own touring plans on the TouringPlans site without paying for a subscription (they have a free option) but you can't access their pre-made touring plans and you can't access their crowd calendars far in advance (although I don't really think crowd calendars are worth much anyway). I think for the price (and you can get a discount code through Mousesavers, just do a google search - cost is $12.76) it's worth it for the Lines app alone. (I also like the room request feature if you're looking for a specific area of a Disney resort to stay at)

I also recommend checking out Josh's park cheat sheets at easywdw here: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/cheat-...t-sheets-maps-touring-plans-and-wait-times-4/ I'm a huge fan of all his stuff. He lays out touring plans, fp priorities, and important tips/info for successfully touring each park.
Thank you I got it with the discount much appreciated!

Hi! Just in case you weren't aware you can use that feature with their free Basic Access account - https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join/basic

Not that paying for a subscription breaks the bank anyway, lol, and I love it for the Lines app
Have you found the wait times predicted on the touring plans created to be accurate. It’s showing Forbidden Journey at IOA to be 13 min wait at 10:30 am in June. That’s so hard for me to believe but maybe they feel the initial morning rush will have died down by 10:30. Though I remember Harry Potter World staying pretty crowded. I can create a Disney plan and know the typical waits but Universal is very new to me!

Have you found the wait times predicted on the touring plans created to be accurate. It’s showing Forbidden Journey at IOA to be 13 min wait at 10:30 am in June. That’s so hard for me to believe but maybe they feel the initial morning rush will have died down by 10:30. Though I remember Harry Potter World staying pretty crowded. I can create a Disney plan and know the typical waits but Universal is very new to me!

In general yes, sometimes ... Not so much. FJ seems like a not so much case. I don't know what June looks like at Uni. That would be low for mid Nov. Do you have the box checked for EP? If so that might explain it. Also I think it's much more accurate for Disney than Uni but since we usually have EP it's hard for me to say. The folks in the Uni forum can definitely give you an idea of what that time should look like.

Love the Lines app, the room request fax, the reservation finder.

Really don't care for the touring plans. I think they are lunacy just about every time I try to make one.

I love the Lines app! Can’t imagine going without it. I also make custom touring plans for each morning, then we do whatever we want in the afternoon for the most part. I take the crowd calendars into consideration, but they’re not as accurate as they used to be. I think that TP is a good investment, and even though I’ve been to WDW a zillion times I still use it for each trip.

I didn't necessarily use the touring plans once we got to the parks, but playing around with them before our trip gave me a REALLY good handle on where things were located, better times to hit certain rides, and how to arrange our days. When we got to the parks I used them as a loose guide but we paid a lot more attention to the lines app when picking where to go.

The reservation finder was in testing when we were last at Disney so I'm REALLY looking forward to making good use of it for our August Trip! They are great for helping to communicate room requests too! Definitely worth the low price for the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter