Touring Plans Room Request

No, that's not what @Disneylover99 meant. They are at the resort. They looked up the room they are in now on Touring Plans to see what kind of room Touring Plans says it is. Touring Plans says it is a King room. It is actually two Queens. So Touring Plans is not always accurate.
Oh I see, I misunderstood! That would have been kind of neat although I don't see how they can even do that. Thank you!

We got what we requested when we went in February. I gave a room that I wanted and also included a range of rooms and told the resort that I wanted the second floor or higher. We had paid for a room that was facing the parking lot (we didn't care because we don't stay in the rooms much at all), but I included some lake-facing rooms (Coronado Springs) in my request. They gave us a lake-facing room on the 3rd floor and we were REALLY pleased with it. I will point out that we were visiting during a very low attendance time of year, so there weren't a huge number of people at the resort. I think that plays a factor in getting the room you are requesting. Also, keep in mind that you are probably more likely to get a desired room if you give some sort of range of rooms as opposed to only 1 room. For instance, request a room on certain floors facing a specific direction (ie: odd numbered rooms 2nd floor or higher).

I got the room I asked for at the Wilderness Lodge this year, just one floor down. Perfect though.

I have had good results most of the time. I even got the EXACT room I requested once. We returned from Boardwalk Inn about 2 weeks ago and the room couldn't have been further off from what I requested, but it was lovely so all is good.

I got the exact room numbers that I wanted at the two resorts of our split stay last year. It was great! :-)

I got a room exactly in the range I requested in May this year. Loved it!

We just checked in today to POFQ and they had faxed in my request. I had requested a building, floor and room and I did get exactly what I asked for. Thank you Touring Plans!

We unfortunately didn't get our request at the BLT for a high floor even number on the outside. We had the opposite pretty much! However I think it's down to the fact we were booked in a lake view non lock off 2 bed, and all the 2 beds that met our requirements are actually lock offs. That distinction isn't listed on the touring plans room finder unfortunately.

I mostly got my requests. I booked a preferred room and asked for a quiet room on the second floor, non-connecting in building 14 or 18, and provided as an example 20 rooms. I did *not* get one of the 20 rooms (which faced inward and would have been quietest), but did get the other requests. The room faced the walkway and parking lot, and I was afraid it would be noisy, but it wasn't!

Last time we were at the Poly (Nov 2017) we got the room right next door to the one we requested on TP. But then, when I was at Pop Century this past May, I didn't get what was requested at all. As mentioned by many other posters, it seems often to be a matter of luck.

Yes we're not at 100% but at a very high percentage. It's enough that I'm certain the room assigners get the request and fill them if possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter