Touring Plans frustration

princesslover

DIS Veteran
I am trying to create a personalized touring plan in TP. I have 3 fastpasses: BTMRR at 10:55, PPF at 12:15, and 7DMT at 1:35. I put in the attractions I want, add the fastpasses, and it keeps telling me it can't use my 7DMT and PPF and I should get different ones. And it does not show BTMRR at all.

How can I get the plan to recognize my fastpasses and work with them? My times are ok, aren't they? When I made them I made sure that they would not involve backtracking. So why won't touring plans use them?

I found that using the Evaluate feature was more helpful than Optimize, because the latter often had us going all over the place or not using our FPs. You can manually move steps around so that things align with the times you'd like them to be. Perhaps try removing a few attractions that aren't at the top of your list in case it's just too much to fit into one day?

How are you creating the plan? It includes a list of attractions, either created by you from scratch or tinkering with one of their canned plans? Then you gave it times, a date, and then added your FP? So that will give you a starting point.

Sometimes the software can get thrown off if it can't fit everything in. Just as a test, I would delete two or three "expendable" attractions from your list and then try to optimize.

Once it has something it doesn't complain about, then add the other attractions back in (one at a time, I'd suggest) if it looks like there's time available, and maybe slide them to an approximate spot in the plan where they seem to make sense. Try optimizing again.

Then if you can get an optimized plan that includes everything, you can try making small rearrangements and evaluating to see it it seems to still be viable.

Under the area where you entered the fast pass info, click the green button next to Advanced Options. Scroll down and check the box to force Optimize to use your fast pass reservations.
This!! I was going to post this but had to get home first to look at my laptop lol I always check that box!

Under the area where you entered the fast pass info, click the green button next to Advanced Options. Scroll down and check the box to force Optimize to use your fast pass reservations.

Thank you, thank you thank you! I knew there had to be something. I spent all afternoon messing with this and was pulling my hair out. I will also try adding in fewer attractions to start with, as a pp suggested. Thanks everyone!

Thank you, thank you thank you! I knew there had to be something. I spent all afternoon messing with this and was pulling my hair out. I will also try adding in fewer attractions to start with, as a pp suggested. Thanks everyone!
I always use the evaluate button and move the attractions around based on that. I never optimize. I use the map at the bottom to move things so we aren't criss crossing all over the place.

I always use the evaluate button and move the attractions around based on that. I never optimize. I use the map at the bottom to move things so we aren't criss crossing all over the place.

Great suggestion. Quick question: does optimize only order them due to wait times then, and not the criss-cross factor? I am not new to Disney, just never used a touring plan before. Thanks!

I also never use Optimize. I think it is meant for someone who has done the parks many times before and wants to power through but doesn't mind running all over. I use the evaluate button and slide the attractions around to see if it makes a difference. We only get to go once a year and my girls like to see and do one area then move onto the next. My legs are exhausted enough doing it that way. I couldn't imagine using some of the Optimized suggestions that have you running from one end of the park to another opposite end with a 6 year old in tow. I have also found situations where is tells me not to use those Fast Passes as it doesn't save any time. I love Touring Plans though and wouldn't make the trip without using it.

Great suggestion. Quick question: does optimize only order them due to wait times then, and not the criss-cross factor? I am not new to Disney, just never used a touring plan before. Thanks!
I think by selecting minimize walking optimize might try and keep you from criss crossing but in my experience it moves stuff around too much for my liking.
I can't say enough about using a TP! I was skeptical but after the 1st time I tried it I was convinced!! Some people think it makes it too scheduled but for me it really doesn't. It gives me a great base to work with and if we stray from it that is fine. I always have in my mind things we could skip if we are running behind but we never are. I also select the most relaxed walking and that helps build extra time in

You can set it to "minimize walking" with the options at the top of your attraction list. That may help to eliminate some of the criss-crossing. I usually optimize first just to have a starting point, move things around to get rid of any major back tracking, then evaluate to see how the wait times shake out. I also typically have a few versions of the plan for each day, like a rope drop plan and an "oops we missed rope drop" plan so I'm not trying to frantically redo a plan if we're running late.

You can set it to "minimize walking" with the options at the top of your attraction list. That may help to eliminate some of the criss-crossing. I usually optimize first just to have a starting point, move things around to get rid of any major back tracking, then evaluate to see how the wait times shake out. I also typically have a few versions of the plan for each day, like a rope drop plan and an "oops we missed rope drop" plan so I'm not trying to frantically redo a plan if we're running late.
That's a really good idea!!! I might have to try the oops we missed rope drop plan!

Reactions: Ava
I just used it for the first time and was getting frustrated too. I never liked their "optimized" plans so I only used "evaluate". For me, the system would recognize the FastPass rides once I had enough things scheduled around them so those times would then make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter