Touring Plans Fax

I am sure the "fax" system from a decade ago is now digital and most likely ignored. If not, I would bet the assigner sees it and provides the exact opposite. Online check-in is the method used now. If you have a specific request, it is best to try to get it at check-in.

We got the exact room we requested through TP. It was the only place I made any request. It works.

TouringPlans has an arrangement with WDW that was worked out when they were setting up their request system, so their faxes aren't handled in the same way as the ordinary guest faxes that we all learned to do back in the 90s. So while some resorts may no longer read what you fax to them, they'll read what Len sends.

Interesting, and totally believable! I'm sure TP isn't sending an individual fax page (on thermal paper ;) ) for each request, but compiling some kind of "work order" type file on a daily basis.

You would be 100% incorrect. I have had CM read back to me exactly the words I put on the fax when I checked in. And I have gotten one of the rooms included on my request.

This was our experience as well. I put more detail into my TP fax than I could put into my online checkin and when we arrived the CM quoted the faxed request back to me. They clearly got it, entered it into their system, and did their best to accommodate it. I'll definitely use that service every time I can.

Got the exact room requested using Touring Plans fax for Caribbean Beach. You can also enter anything you'd like. Unfortunately it totally backfired for us and while the view and location was perfect, the room had a mold issue and we had to switch but TP does work!

Sorry that it didn't work out for you but it seems to b more the exception than the rule. 3 for 3 for me. Got the exact room twice and the requested loop last month at Ft Wilderness Cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter