• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring by the Seat of Your Pants

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
I'm a little worried. My honey works in a hospital and one of the surgeons asked her help 2 days ago with planning a trip to WDW this weekend. They just decided to go out of the blue. Both parents are surgeons and their kids are a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. They booked a room only at AKL and will be buying one day tickets at the gates. Needless to say, they don't worry about money or a budget, like most of us do. I was asked to offer any advice that I could on what to do where and when. They didn't even research this trip enough to know that park hopper tickets never expire.

They basically have no clue how to do it the Dis way. lol

So, I set forth on a quest to give them the best advice that I could in a short amount of time. But, I still worry that with the crowds the way they have been that I am throwing them to the lions. They have never been to Disney with kids before. I think the mom has been at some time in her life, but I'm not too sure about the dad. Heck, I have never been to Disney with kids that little before either. Needless to say, I tried, but who knows how this is all going to work out.

I know that I am not really responsible for their happiness with their trip, but I hate it that their first family trip to WDW is going to be at a time when the parks are at or near peak.

I did advise them to avoid MK on Saturday. I gave them the run down on how to attack the parks for maximum ride advantage, but I don't even know these folks or their kids.

I feel so guilty. I really would love to have been able to explain all the why's behind the advice I gave. I like helping, but I really like to know who I am helping and have the time to talk with them about what they want to accomplish and how much they really do know about WDW.

Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. Anyone else here ever get roped into helping the clueless masses? Maggie

Hey consider yourself lucky! I try to help people and they never listen to me. I tell them about the DIS, mousesavers, and other ways to look for discounts. I tell them when to avoid the MK and where, how early you need to arrive for shows and parades, how to make a PS, and stuff like that. Almost always, they come back grumbling about the crowds and the prices....I say, "Did you check out the DIS and mousesavers?" <i>nooooooooo....they paid full price for everything.</i> "Did you use fast pass and avoid the MK in the mid day like I told you to -- did you take a mid-day break?" <i>noooooooo....they took the kids on a death march every day in the middle of July until everyone was fighting and/or crying, and they complained about waits of over an hour for rides</i>.

Sometimes I think people <i>want</i> to not enjoy it so that they can complain and have an excuse never to go back!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter