TOTW

Our experience last week was this: we were staying at BLT on points but wanted to check out the "new" TOTW lounge.

Around 6pm we put our name on the waitlist for "first available seat". Only thing required was the "virtual" card to prove DVC eligible. She didn't ask where we were staying and I doubt she verified it from that.

Around 30 minutes later we got the text that we could go up. We did, sat at the bar, enjoyed some apps and drinks, then left. I stopped by to ask if we could view the Christmas fireworks (10pm that night) and she told me to just come back at 9:30pm.

We probably returned around 9:40pm...don't think she even verified anything then (but she may have just remembered us) and she sent us right up. No crowd up there, wasn't the best weather night but wasn't horrible, it was great to see the holiday fireworks from there!

did the CM ask to see the DVC Y or just the blue DVC card in your wallet?

did the CM ask to see the DVC Y or just the blue DVC card in your wallet?

Electronic version only.

I know this because my husband tried to put us on the waitlist but told me I had to be there.

Unfortunately we have had a hard time getting my husband's own DVC card to show up electronically for him (we had always used the same MDE login, so initially he had my card...which they stopped taking because it's not in his name). We called tech support several months ago to try to get his working, and we only got so far and then failed...and we are tech people. He has yet to get it fixed, but we always have added fun with his DVC membership and our reservations for some reason. It's a bit frustrating...but we all know Disney IT just is BAD BAD BAD.

Electronic version also, in fact we had to show the electronic version at any restaurant we dined at to receive a discount. I actually find the electronic version a lot more user friendly.

Electronic version only.

I know this because my husband tried to put us on the waitlist but told me I had to be there.

Unfortunately we have had a hard time getting my husband's own DVC card to show up electronically for him (we had always used the same MDE login, so initially he had my card...which they stopped taking because it's not in his name). We called tech support several months ago to try to get his working, and we only got so far and then failed...and we are tech people. He has yet to get it fixed, but we always have added fun with his DVC membership and our reservations for some reason. It's a bit frustrating...but we all know Disney IT just is BAD BAD BAD.

when you show the electronic version, do you flip it around so it shows the discounts or do they just see the front that shows you’re a member? On iPhone you just double click the side button to bring up your cards but you can’t flip the card that way (without going into the actual Wallet app), so was just curious what most CMs ask for.

when you show the electronic version, do you flip it around so it shows the discounts or do they just see the front that shows you’re a member? On iPhone you just double click the side button to bring up your cards but you can’t flip the card that way (without going into the actual Wallet app), so was just curious what most CMs ask for.

They wanted the details piece that shows DVC Y…not just the double click from the iPhone Home Screen.

If you only want to see fireworks, just show up shortly before and it sounds like you can go up without an issue.
We had this experience in September ... after the fireworks we could have gone into the lounge and get a drink, but we had already had a few at the lobby lounge and at steakhouse71 ...so we looked around but opted out of a cocktail... It may have been situational, I'm not sure if you could go in after fireworks all the time...

Cheers!

Does anyone know if there’s anything going on at TOTW on Dec 30th and 31st? I’ve looked, but haven’t been able to find anything

Does anyone know if there’s anything going on at TOTW on Dec 30th and 31st? I’ve looked, but haven’t been able to find anything

It ihas been reported to closed. There has been nothing announced for any level of paid event either.

At this point, with it being a week out, I’d be surprised to see anything scheduled.

It ihas been reported to closed. There has been nothing announced for any level of paid event either.

At this point, with it being a week out, I’d be surprised to see anything scheduled.
Thank you. I’ll double check when we check in. It’d be nice if we could watch the fireworks from up there, since we’re staying at BLT and not going into a park those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter