totally OT~but 9 years cancer free!!!

Being a good, faithful, church attending Lutheran and coming from German descent - I fiercely defend my God Given Right to speak to anyone about God whilst holding a beer in my hand!! My good Pastor would be standing right beside me upholding that right while he enjoyed a beer!!!

GO LUTHER!!! Ein Prosit!!

Gee that sounds exactly like my background! Oh right -- you're my sister!

Dear Poly Pixie, congrads on being cancer free for so long. I too am a survivor of cancer. I found out I had Hodgkins Disease at 23 years old and have been cancer free for 24 years.

I too feel that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have lived my entire adult life thankful for ever day. I just don't get when people sweat the small stuff. How lucky I was to get this disease, it enriched my life.

Tim McGraw wrote a song some years ago about "Living your life as if you are dying". I always tel my husband to listen carefully to the words, I wish he could "get it" when I tell him, but unless you have been there, I do not think it is easy to understand how to live like you are dying.

Here is to many more years of being cancer free.

Lizzie

Boy, that Tim McGraw can sure pull some tears outta folks huh?

Congrats PP on being cancer free:cool1: PS its ok to have a few drinks, life comes once enjoy it.

Dear Poly Pixie, congrads on being cancer free for so long. I too am a survivor of cancer. I found out I had Hodgkins Disease at 23 years old and have been cancer free for 24 years.

I too feel that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have lived my entire adult life thankful for ever day. I just don't get when people sweat the small stuff. How lucky I was to get this disease, it enriched my life.

Tim McGraw wrote a song some years ago about "Living your life as if you are dying". I always tel my husband to listen carefully to the words, I wish he could "get it" when I tell him, but unless you have been there, I do not think it is easy to understand how to live like you are dying.

Here is to many more years of being cancer free.

Lizzie

Lizzie, That is amazing!!!! Congratulations! It is so true what you said! A person can listen to that song and think they get it, but nothing can compare with facing the very real possibility of death. You learn real quick where your heart lies and what your responsibilities are! Health and life are a blessing! It seems inconcievable that cancer is anything to be thankful for, but we are both proof that life is one big mystery and you don't necessarily know all the rules. There is a bigger picture that we can't see!

I am so happy for you! Wishing you a life full of blessings!

~Ami

Are you tlking about Jesse Duplantis? Yeah.....he is a good ol'boy. I do indeed like the way he comes across as the dude next door.

That's him!! Jessay!! You get the feeling that if he turned his life around (from the stories he told) then anyone can.

Wow, I am gone for a couple of weeks and things really get going huh?!

Congrats PP, it is a wonderful milestone. I think another trip to WDW is in order.

As for alcohol and Jesus... I must first say that I am Baptist and was a children's minister and dh is a chaplain, so if you ever tell anyone I said this, I will come here, immediately delete it, and then deny I ever said it, BUT... drinking is not a sin. Rog, you said it perfectly. Flame needs to go back and look over the verses you posted. As for Jesse, he is all fluff, I think he is a great comedian, but that is about it. Oh, BTW, I dance too, but don't tell the baptists, :eek: they'll disown me. :rolleyes1

Also, I don't drink, but only because I think I might like it too much and not stop. :sick: :scared:

Yeah! How'd you like that heated discussion!? I thought for a minute there, we'd get into a debate about Obama vs McCain, as well!

Thanks for your wisdom, too!

How was your trip? It's good to have you back!

Sorry FtWildernessGuy, I agree with her too :(

Although I also like McCain. Go figure ;)

Sorry FtWildernessGuy, I agree with her too :(

Although I also like McCain. Go figure ;)

Hey, no need to appologize. This is AMERICA where everyone is entitled to their opinion (no matter how wrong it may be).;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter