totally OT~but 9 years cancer free!!!

Ok, this is like the third Kumbaya moment I've seen on this forum since I've returned, what is going on around here?? ;)

I think what it is, is that this board has mixed the right combination of different personalities and ways of thinking...and it doesnt happen often, but when it DOES happen...that combination of chaos forms what some people in the real world would call real friendships. I consider MANY of the people who post here regularly to be friends I havent spent physical time with YET. A strange thing to happen to an otherwise bunch of complete strangers. I cant wait to meet and spend time with and get completely drunk with lotsa folks here. On the other hand, I have friends in the real world that If we didnt get together for a few drinks for another year or two, it might be too soon!!!

You are right PP, it is everyone's own choice and we must all live with our choices. At least while it is still a free country before the dems are elected. BTW-I can see we will NEVER agree on the Bible because in my Bible Jesus did not drink alcohol and alcohol does not bring fellowship, people do. I will leave it at that and I do respect your right to your beliefs.
I should not have even mentioned it this thread. It is after all your thread about your good news and so congrats and I apologize.

I think what it is, is that this board has mixed the right combination of different personalities and ways of thinking...and it doesnt happen often, but when it DOES happen...that combination of chaos forms what some people in the real world would call real friendships. I consider MANY of the people who post here regularly to be friends I havent spent physical time with YET. A strange thing to happen to an otherwise bunch of complete strangers. I cant wait to meet and spend time with and get completely drunk with lotsa folks here. On the other hand, I have friends in the real world that If we didnt get together for a few drinks for another year or two, it might be too soon!!!

Yeah. What he said!

You are right PP, it is everyone's own choice and we must all live with our choices. At least while it is still a free country before the dems are elected. BTW-I can see we will NEVER agree on the Bible because in my Bible Jesus did not drink alcohol and alcohol does not bring fellowship, people do. I will leave it at that and I do respect your right to your beliefs.
I should not have even mentioned it this thread. It is after all your thread about your good news and so congrats and I apologize.

Religion and politics! You are very brave! :lmao: Thank you for the congratulaions and the apology. Although that was un-necessary. Like you've said, it is a free country. Freedom of speech is one that we have been granted. I may have started this thread, but I don't have ownership. All views are welcome here.

Oh, and I have to say, "I love you guys!":lovestruc

Now...I KNOW no one here will ever believe this...But I have read the bible from cover to cover....obviously NOT in one sitting, but at the ripe old age of 7yrs old I was already in ministry school......Although it doesnt specifically have a story of Jesus asking Paul to come on over and slam a few beers back with him...It does specifically make mention of Jesus telling others that wine is good for the body, as well as obvious knowledge of good vino vs junk.

John 2, 1-11...Jesus makes wine from water for a wedding party.
Luke 5, 39...Jesus says"And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better." How would he know its better if he wasnt slammin a few glasses of wine????
Mark 2, 22...Jesus tells some dudes "And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins." That means DONT MIX THE GOOD WINE WITH THAT CHEAP CRAPPY STUFF!!!
Matthew 26, 29..Jesus, after sharing the wine with the krewe on the last supper yells out to the bros.."...I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." Thats his way of sayin "We aint gonna party like this again till I come back from the dead, So DRINK UP BABY, & I sure hope I aint trippin and I really Do rise up again!!!" Ok, I embellished on that last part, but the quote is true.

So yeah...the Bible DOES talk about Jesus drinking...heck he even had is own magical microbrewery goin on somehow!!!
Ya just never know who might know the bible better than ya'd ever give em credit for, huh.
Ok, Reverend Rog is steppin away from the podium now!! And I hope I never have to pull off this bible belt and swing it again.

You are such a trip, you are a man of many layers, BigDaddyOgre!! Just when I was getting ready to make a comment, you come and take care of it so nicely.

There's a TV minister (I even think he's from La.) that you'd get along with. Jesse something, my husband loves him because he's a riot and very down to earth. You'd be so good at engaging young people with your way of quotifying the bible.

So yeah...the Bible DOES talk about Jesus drinking...heck he even had is own magical microbrewery goin on somehow!!!

Could you please donate to Loaves, Fishes and the Magical Microbrewery?

Could you please donate to Loaves, Fishes and the Magical Microbrewery?

OMG.....LOLOLOL...thats priceless...I just might borrow that from you one day!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup2

Are you tlking about Jesse Duplantis? Yeah.....he is a good ol'boy. I do indeed like the way he comes across as the dude next door. Im a fan of Joyce Meyer also, I could easily see both of them talking bible with beer cans in hand!!

Now...I KNOW no one here will ever believe this...But I have read the bible from cover to cover....obviously NOT in one sitting, but at the ripe old age of 7yrs old I was already in ministry school......Although it doesnt specifically have a story of Jesus asking Paul to come on over and slam a few beers back with him...It does specifically make mention of Jesus telling others that wine is good for the body, as well as obvious knowledge of good vino vs junk.

John 2, 1-11...Jesus makes wine from water for a wedding party.
Luke 5, 39...Jesus says"And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better." How would he know its better if he wasnt slammin a few glasses of wine????
Mark 2, 22...Jesus tells some dudes "And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins." That means DONT MIX THE GOOD WINE WITH THAT CHEAP CRAPPY STUFF!!!
Matthew 26, 29..Jesus, after sharing the wine with the krewe on the last supper yells out to the bros.."...I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." Thats his way of sayin "We aint gonna party like this again till I come back from the dead, So DRINK UP BABY, & I sure hope I aint trippin and I really Do rise up again!!!" Ok, I embellished on that last part, but the quote is true.

Ya just never know who might know the bible better than ya'd ever give em credit for, huh.
Ok, Reverend Rog is steppin away from the podium now!! And I hope I never have to pull off this bible belt and swing it again.

Whoa, Rog!!! I am very impressed, indeed!!! Your analogies & such are so YOU & somehow, I can see Jesus looking down and smiling on your 21st century way of interpretation!!!

BTW - Martin Luther (the great reformer) wrote many, many hymns of faith. Most people who have heard of M. Luther know this fact. What people may not know is that the words of his hymns were set to the tunes of popular tavern or beer drinking songs of the 1500's. Ol' Marty knew how to reach the common person with the Word of God!!!

Ami, clinkin' a glass of kungaloosh with yours in a toast to your good health!!

Hugs to all-

Deb

...the words of his hymns were set to the tunes of popular tavern or beer drinking songs of the 1500's. Ol' Marty knew how to reach the common person with the Word of God!!!

Hugs to all-

Deb
Yep....sometimes ya cant tell if youre yappin with a burning bush....or that batch of kungaloosh was REALLY good this time!!!

What could be more natural than the fermentation process that makes such wonderful drinks as beer and Kungaloosh possible? Why else did God make the alcohol producing yeasts, the hops, the barley, the malt, the water, the corn sugar that make beer possible? In Germany, beer is classified as a food and was actually produced as a means of preserving grain. I think you would be hard pressed to find a man of the cloth in Germany who would say drinking beer is an act against God. Some of the finest wines and beers are produced by men of the cloth. As Rog pointed out, the Bible is full of references to the consumption of alcohol in a positive way. Hey Rog, I read the Bible cover to cover also - but man, the geneology in the old testament really got me down. All the begats and begots.

the THEES and THYS screw me up in all kinda ways...New World Translation made it a little easier to understand.

Being a good, faithful, church attending Lutheran and coming from German descent - I fiercely defend my God Given Right to speak to anyone about God whilst holding a beer in my hand!! My good Pastor would be standing right beside me upholding that right while he enjoyed a beer!!!

GO LUTHER!!! Ein Prosit!!

Well, Roger. When you think you know a person! I must say, I'm impressed!

I really don't have much to add to that. But I will say that the Hebrew word for feast actually means "a drinking". Also that wine was not the only alcohol mentioned. The Bible also makes reference to "strong drink." Both were considered part of the common diet and a large part of feasting and celebration. The Bible does mention moderation, so this isn't a free ticket to totally booze it up! Although the "moderation" theme isn't exactly limited to alcohol consumption.

Well, I learned a thing or two tonight! Did not know about the Luther pub songs!

Being a good, faithful, church attending Lutheran and coming from German descent - I fiercely defend my God Given Right to speak to anyone about God whilst holding a beer in my hand!! My good Pastor would be standing right beside me upholding that right while he enjoyed a beer!!!

GO LUTHER!!! Ein Prosit!!

Our sermon this past Sunday was "all are welcome to the table". Wine was a big part of the sermon! Of course, then we took communion.....

You know I don't have much to add here cept my last name is a latin declention of the the word bibere (SP) as in "imbibe" and that means to drink alcohol. oh and I am Lutheran.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter