• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Totally Off Topic Questions - TetherBerry

clkelley

<font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo
OK, this past weekend as I usually do, I took my work-provided aircard with me. However, it turns out somebody else in our group needed it while I was gone, and that is happening more and more, sooooo I've been looking into tethering my Tmobile Blackberry to my NetBook.

Tmobile has no support for Blackberry tethering, but I have read various things that say it will work with outside software.

I found something today called Tetherberry.com I downloaded the trial and it is working. I've got internet, outlookexpress works, and I uploaded a few pictures to Photobucket. Sounds good so far, huh??

Now, the question is has anybody done anything similar with their tmobile blackberry?? The software is a 1-time fee of $49, but the real question is will Tmobile hit me with a bunch of charges?? I had to type something in the TCP called APN and there is a possibility that some carriers will charge for that. Can't find any thing where anyone has posted they did though.

Help!!

Considering I thought you were speaking in another language when I read your post, I have no advice.:laughing:

Where's Shan?

I like pdanet by June Fabrics. http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/ I use it a lot, and so does my wife. It is $34 for the software with no additional charges. It uses a proxy to look just like you are using the phone for data. One thing to remember nearly all carriers have a 5 gig cap on their unlimited data plans, but you would have to seriously burn through data to get close to the cap.

I am AT&T, but my son tethers his smart phone as a modem all the time at college and so far, knock on wood, no extra charges. Not sure about tmobile and a blackberry though. I wish I could do it with my iphone.

we use the JuneFabrics as well and it works flawlessly EXCEPT for Disney. I think think disney blocks it because they don't want us on computers when we could be spending money on property!:surfweb:

we use the JuneFabrics as well and it works flawlessly EXCEPT for Disney. I think think disney blocks it because they don't want us on computers when we could be spending money on property!:surfweb:

You must have had some other type of hardware trouble. There is no way anybody can block you from tethering assuming your phone has a signal (both call and data). I tethered using pdanet all week last week at the Fort.

Thanks for all the opinions!! After searching some more, I finally found a way to tether directly using the Blackberry Connect Software. Easy as pie, and no spending any money. Now we'll just see if Tmobile charges me any extra money.

I'll get to test it at the Auburn game this weekend!!!!

Thanks for all the opinions!! After searching some more, I finally found a way to tether directly using the Blackberry Connect Software. Easy as pie, and no spending any money. Now we'll just see if Tmobile charges me any extra money.

I'll get to test it at the Auburn game this weekend!!!!

Carol- Where did you find this information about the Blackberry Connect Software? I have AT&T, and have tried to tether my computer to my Blackberry, but I have never been able to get it to work.

TCD

Carol- Where did you find this information about the Blackberry Connect Software? I have AT&T, and have tried to tether my computer to my Blackberry, but I have never been able to get it to work.

TCD

It's the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

I'll look and see if I can find the links again.

Tetherberry works very well and is very quick and easy to connect, that is what I use. Some of the websites will put it on sale for $25. I actually used Donnies aircard one day during July 4th to download it while I was at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter