ToT queue

Mickey24c

Earning My Ears
I can not ride the Tower of Terror because of extreme motion sickness. However, I do want to see the queue, I heard it is pretty awesome. Can I stay in line with my family and exit before the ride?

Just be aware that the chicken exit is a

........ Wait for it...........

an elevator.

But just a regular one but I do realize that can still be issue to some.

You won't be disappointed, ToT is in my top two favorite queues (with Expedition Everest).

It is an awesome queue! My mom always walks through and then goes to the chicken exit.

I was a chicken exit master as a kid, and didn't discover a love of thrill rides until my late teens. Oh how I regret all those missed trips down the Hollywood Terror Hotel.

Anywho, the queue is incredible, especially if you're a fan of the old Rod Serling hosted show. Take a moment to hang back in the library while everyone rushes to the next part of the queue, and you'll see an amazing amount of props from the show.

Once you get to the front of the line in the boiler room, just ask for the chicken exit, which is a very normal white elevator. The first time I took it, my dad told me I was being tricked and that was the actual ride. I was not a happy camper. It lets you out right by the picture station where you can wait for and friends and family on the ride.

As long as we're discussing this...

You may exit ANY attraction at WDW after walking through the queue,
without boarding and riding the attraction.

This goes for everything from Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo up to Space Mountain, Tower of Terror,
and Expedition Everest.

Just tell the "loading CM" that you decided not to ride.

It's no big deal at all.

The more involving/interesting queues at WDW are:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Tower of Terror
Rock'nRollercoaster
Expedition Everest
Its Tough to Be a Bug
Dinosaur
Test Track

And the PRE-shows to the following can be fun by themselves:
MuppetVision 3D
American Adventure ("Voices of Liberty")
Ellen's Energy Adventure

Special note:
In Haunted Mansion, there is even a "Opt-Out" Exit, just after you leave the Streching Room.
On your right, you'll see a door with this sign. That's the exit.

HM-Chicken-Exit-Med.jpg

Thanks everyone for the replies-will definitely be utilizing the "chicken" exit!

Now I want to check out TOT's queue...and I'll be using the chicken exit. I love Twilight Zone.

"It's a cookbook!"

You may exit ANY attraction at WDW after walking through the queue,
without boarding and riding the attraction.

HM-Chicken-Exit-Med.jpg

Just wanted to add to this though that you may only enter a queue as long as you meet the height requirements for the ride :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter