• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tortola

byanks7

Goldtimer
We dont take excursions, just like to get off the ship for a few hours, taxi to a free beach, rent some chairs and umbrella and hang out. Does anyone have a suggestion on where we could go in Tortola for this experience? thank you

I would go on YouTube and look up places like Brewer’s Bay and Cane Garden Bay… I think at least one of them rent out chairs, umbrellas, ect. We were supposed to do this on our last trip in Aug and I got a bad headache so stayed onboard.

1 vote for Cane Garden Bay, we were there in November of 21, and had to go as part of a Disney Excursion, as our son only had 1 Vax dose, but it was very nice. Chairs and umbrellas were included with the excursion, but i think it was about $5 or so if not with the group. Also a couple of bars/restaurants nearby for food and drink service.

The excursion took us right into the area of Rhymers Restaurant and Paradise Bar/Restaurant. Wifi was a bit weak, but we were on the sand away from the bar.

Cane Garden is our go-to. Love it! Take a taxi at the end of the pier. I believe its $8 one way. 20 minute ride. We get on the beach by 11 and stay till about 2:30. We've been there pre and post pandemic and its been lightly crowded.

2 beach chairs and umbrella I believe is $15 (different areas have different prices). Half way decent bathroom/changing area, food decks and they'll waitress the food to you if you want and souvenir shacks.

Awesome. We love it better than anything we did on St. Thomas, Cozumel or Cayman Islands. Only Castaway is better.

There is a webcam at resortcam dot com / webcams / cane-garden-bay (I don't know if they website would be allowed that's why I spelled it out like I did).

Enjoy!

We are going in April 2023 and I’ve looked this up a little. I’m considering taking a water taxi to Virgin Gorda to do the Salt Baths. Check it out on YouTube!

We are going in April 2023 and I’ve looked this up a little. I’m considering taking a water taxi to Virgin Gorda to do the Salt Baths. Check it out on YouTube!

just found this thread. We're going to be in Tortola in April on the Dream. Would you do the Baths on your own? I've never done a ship excursion even though we've been on 15 cruises. We usually head out on our own but I worry about getting back to the ship on time when there's a boat and taxi ride involved.

just found this thread. We're going to be in Tortola in April on the Dream. Would you do the Baths on your own? I've never done a ship excursion even though we've been on 15 cruises. We usually head out on our own but I worry about getting back to the ship on time when there's a boat and taxi ride involved.
I don’t know. I’m considering this myself for the same reason. We will be in Tortola in April on the Fantasy.

I did the tour. I wouldn’t go without the tour. It’s a fairly long boat ride and I was stressed enough when ours was running late to pick us up.

I did the tour. I wouldn’t go without the tour. It’s a fairly long boat ride and I was stressed enough when ours was running late to pick us up.

Would you recommend doing it or is it a lot of planes, trains and automobiles type of adventure? 😂😂

Would you recommend doing it or is it a lot of planes, trains and automobiles type of adventure? 😂😂
We enjoyed it! I know what you mean about planes, trains, and automobiles, but this wasn’t like that. We walked to the boat (at the end of the dock is the best way I can describe it) and took that to virgin gorda. Short open air taxi ride and we were there. Pit stop then a short walk to the first beautiful beach. Walk through the baths to the second beautiful beach. We had time to play in the water at both.

We enjoyed it! I know what you mean about planes, trains, and automobiles, but this wasn’t like that. We walked to the boat (at the end of the dock is the best way I can describe it) and took that to virgin gorda. Short open air taxi ride and we were there. Pit stop then a short walk to the first beautiful beach. Walk through the baths to the second beautiful beach. We had time to play in the water at both.

I'm definitely looking into this one! Glad you liked it. :thumbsup2

I don’t know. I’m considering this myself for the same reason. We will be in Tortola in April on the Fantasy.

We've been to Tortola once before and went to Cane Garden Bay Beach, I didn't like it there. ;);) I'll probably go with a Disney excursion if I decide to do it. I'm lucky my husband is up for anything. :rotfl:

We'll be on the Dream. :cool1:

We walked from the port to the H.M. Prison Museum. It cost us $5 USD a person to walk through the prison. The prison opened in the 1770's and was operational into the 1990's. The docent told great stories and it was an interesting excursion that didn't break the bank. We enjoyed visiting with the dosent and then being able to head back to the ship at our leisure.

Jost Van Dyke is by far the best beach to access from Tortola - but it will take a taxi and a ferry ride.

If you are looking to do it through Disney, book this one soon as the excursion will most likely sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter