• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tortola and St. Thomas in June

Disney mac

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know for sure if Disney will be going to Tortola in June? There are all kinds of reports, but we are booking our excursions for June later this week and looking for information and advice.
Anyone ever do the zip lining in St. Thomas (ST51)?
Also anyone know what’s the best snorkeling in Tortola?

Thanks to all in advance.

We are sailing to Tortola and St Thomas the first week of April (April 7th) on the Fantasy. So, I would imagine if you are going in June then your itinerary should be fine. It sounds like others were canceled at least 30 days in advance and since we are about 28 days away and haven't heard of an itinerary change I'm guessing it's still a go.

Sorry I can't help you on the zip lining or snorkeling questions. This will be our first trip to both St Thomas and Tortola. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

First off have a phenomenal cruise yourself. Thanks for the info about your cruise still being scheduled. Did you make any excursions plans? I’d love to hear anyone’s opinions on the excursions, as I have adventurous 8 and 10 year olds.
Thanks for the response and have a safe and wonderful trip.

First off have a phenomenal cruise yourself. Thanks for the info about your cruise still being scheduled. Did you make any excursions plans? I’d love to hear anyone’s opinions on the excursions, as I have adventurous 8 and 10 year olds.
Thanks for the response and have a safe and wonderful trip.
Thank you!! We did make excursion plans, only not through Disney. We have a 7 and 15 year old (the 7 year old is turning 8 the last day of our cruise. For Tortola, we are using Aristocat Charters for a day of snorkeling and sailing. They get phenomenal reviews, and have been absolutely fabulous to work with. I believe there are reviews of them on these boards, but you can also check out on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic. For St Thomas we are doing the Virgin Islands Eco Tour Cas Cay Kayak, Hike & Snorkel. I believe you can book this through Disney, but through Disney you need to be 8 and up (no exceptions even with our almost 8 year old). They also have been great to work with so far.

I will try and find time to do a review when I get back. I hope others on here have done some excursions in Tortola and St. Thomas so they can help you out in the mean time.

We are sailing to Tortola and St Thomas the first week of April (April 7th) on the Fantasy. So, I would imagine if you are going in June then your itinerary should be fine. It sounds like others were canceled at least 30 days in advance and since we are about 28 days away and haven't heard of an itinerary change I'm guessing it's still a go.

We are sailing on the 21st of April and were notified today that Tortola is canceled and will be going to St. Martin instead. Can't get onto the DCL site. I imagine everyone is on frantically changing Port Adventures right now.

We are sailing 4/21 as well but have not heard anything official yet. Why would they change us? Sounds like St. Maarten is just as bad off as Tortola. We are also booked with aristocrat charters and will be so so sad if we don’t get to sail with them.

Oh no! I haven't heard anything on our sail date and we are leaving 4/7. I would hate to have to reschedule everything, plus we were looking forward to Aristocat Charters!

Reports on social media are that the ships will not be visiting Tortola until at least June.

My charter company for our excursion in St. Thomas has told me the zip lining is still closed. The Facebook page for the zip line (tree limmin extreme zip line) also says they are closed until further notice.

We are sailing on the 21st of April and were notified today that Tortola is canceled and will be going to St. Martin instead. Can't get onto the DCL site. I imagine everyone is on frantically changing Port Adventures right now.

Not sure where you heard this, I am on the April 7th and did not hear anything. I also called Disney and they did not make any changes. Getting a hold of disney to find out this was very easy so nothing is frantic.

Since we are on the April 7th sailing I contacted my travel agent to see if she has heard anything. She has received no official email from Disney, but she did speak with a Disney Cruise Line agent she trusts on the phone, and she did say they were changing the Tortola itineraries through mid June to St. Maarten. I am pretty bummed out, as I was looking forward to visiting Tortola and going on the Aristocat excursion. We are going to roll with it though, and I am likely going to book with Souliga Destinations on St Maarten for a boat/snorkel/beach tour on our own. I will probably hold our Aristocat excursion until I get an email confirmation from Disney that Tortola is cancelled. I really wish Disney would just send something official out so people can adjust their plans. I understand the hurricane caused damage forcing plans to change, but when people spend that much money on a cruise, as much advance notice as they can provide would be helpful.

Not sure where you heard this, I am on the April 7th and did not hear anything. I also called Disney and they did not make any changes. Getting a hold of disney to find out this was very easy so nothing is frantic.

So far on our Facebook group only concierge guests have been contacted. I imagine that to make an official announcement would cause a phone frenzy as everyone tries to call in and re-do excursions. Perhaps they are contacting concierge now, gold next, silver, then 1st timers.

My 6/2 cruise shows now that it is stopping at St Marteen. Our Tortola excursion is no longer listed and the page to book St Marteen excursions is showing the dwarfs and "We're Working on It".

As others have said, I just received notice from DCL that our June 16 cruise is St. Maarten now instead of Tortola. I hope the people of Tortola are able to recover quick to get some of the economy improved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter