Toronto to Orlando...customs??

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We are flying out of Calgary and we will be pre-clearing US customs here but my sister is flying to Toronto first via Air Canada. Will she go through US customs in Toronto or when she lands in Orlando?

Thanks for any info!
:bounce:

She will have to clear US Customs here in TO.

They are friendly here. If it's during the week, will be quick. Weekends can get a little busier.

Scratch

:smooth:

She'll go through US customs in Toronto ... I agree with Scratch42
they're pretty quick. I've never thought about weekends, this trip will be the first time that I'm coming back on a Saturday. Should be interesting since we're arriving around 12 PM. The one thing about Pearson is that the luggage is really slow coming out for arrivals. Last year, our pickup area got switched several times ... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys!

Wow, I really didn't think she would have to do it in Toronto! She only has a one hour stop over :confused: But she's flying in on a Friday night, so maybe that will help!

Thanks again!

Hi, Timon! Glad you're going back to Orlando. That means we can all be treated to an update on your terrific site!

I've done the connection through TO to Orlando (and other US cities) several times. It's pretty quick, but your sister needs to be really clear about where she picks her luggage up before proceeding to customs. . . it will not be checked through; she has to retrieve it and carry it through herself, before depositing it back on a conveyor on the 'other' side. The AC agents at the arrival gate are really helpful about directions, especially with such a tight connection. The good news is it's not the same place as 'complete' arrivals and she does not go through the whole check-in process again. (Sorry, I know how to find the luggage place, but can't describe it in a helpful way!)

Have a wonderful time!

We went through on a weekend and it took us roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. Just make sure you leave lots of time just in case.

Thanks for the info Karen! That's good to know ... I'm probably having someone pick us up and I don't want them spending lots of money on parking or circling the airport 500 times. Sounds like I could call them when I arrive at Pearson ... :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter