• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toronto airport security line

Would love some input from folks who are more familiar with the Toronto airport than I am. I’m flying with Westjet from YEG > YYZ, landing at 5am then I depart YYZ > MCO at 10am.
I’ll be doing carry on only. Will I fully leave security and re-enter, or do I stay within security with an extra security stop on the way? Curious about the layover process between flights.
I tried to find the info on the airport website but couldn’t find a conclusive answer. Thank you
When you connect to the US in YYZ you leave the secure area and then have to re-enter before going through customs. There are lots of signs. We've done it twice connecting from YVR and haven't gotten lost. You will have lots of time!

When you connect to the US in YYZ you leave the secure area and then have to re-enter before going through customs. There are lots of signs. We've done it twice connecting from YVR and haven't gotten lost. You will have lots of time!
Thank you!! It’s nice to anticipate what’s going to happen. I wasn’t overly concerned I would get lost or confused, but I’m a planner and love to know what I’m getting into.

Would love some input from folks who are more familiar with the Toronto airport than I am. I’m flying with Westjet from YEG > YYZ, landing at 5am then I depart YYZ > MCO at 10am.
I’ll be doing carry on only. Will I fully leave security and re-enter, or do I stay within security with an extra security stop on the way? Curious about the layover process between flights.
I tried to find the info on the airport website but couldn’t find a conclusive answer. Thank you!
Here you go, clear instructions of every step of your trip thru YYZ, direct from the Pearson website. Enjoy your trip!
WestJet connection YEG-YYZ-MCO

We take the red eye from Calgary to Toronto . Our connecting flight to Orlando from Toronto is TIGHT ! Has anyone recently been through there that can share your experience of wait times ? I know they were having problems for a while

I don't know if you've already flown, but in case not, I thought I'd share my experience since our flight itinerary was almost identical to yours.

We caught the red eye from Edmonton to Toronto on Sunday August 7th. The flight was scheduled to arrive at 5:45am but actually arrived at 5:30am, giving us 1.5 hours to catch the 7am flight to Orlando.

Upon landing in Toronto, we wasted around ten minutes while my daughters used the washrooms, plus we were seated in the last row, which caused an additional delay. We made it through the initial security screening at around 6:15am and got in line at customs. We were in the customs line up for almost an hour and a half before seeing a border agent. We arrived at the gate at 7:45am, and thankfully Westjet had delayed the plane's departure.

When we boarded the plane there were still a fair number of empty seats, with a constant trickle of customers boarding the plane after us. We left the gate at around 8am, with the plane full. At some point, a stewardess announced that they had delayed the flight's departure to give customers a chance to clear customs.

So, although we had a tense hour in the custom's line where we were certain we would miss our flight, things worked out very well. We caught our Mears bus to All-Star Sports without incident, and since our room was ready upon arrival we were relaxing in our room by 1pm.

If you've already flown, I'm very curious to know how your experience compares to ours. Our return to Edmonton via Denver and Vancouver did not work out as well. A shortage of air traffic controllers in Denver resulted in a two hour delay, so we missed our Vancouver connection and had to spend the night in the Vancouver terminal, but that's a tale for another time...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter