• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tornado at Epcot?

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
This pic showed up on a Disney group my wife is part of. From what she said, it was close but did not touch down. I told her I think is a crock but hey, what do I know lol. So is this legit? Supposably this was sometime today.

IMG_0507.JPG

From what I understand it was a scud cloud not a tornado. There were no severe weather alerts at the time (I’m local). But yes it was today. Of course social media is having a field day over it but not a tornado according to what we saw from meteorologists out here.

From what I understand it was a scud cloud not a tornado. There were no severe weather alerts at the time (I’m local). But yes it was today. Of course social media is having a field day over it but not a tornado according to what we saw from meteorologists out here.
There might not have been alerts but there definitely was severe weather. My friend was at Epcot when the weather hit. She said Harmonious was canceled because one of the platforms was struck by lightning.

Last edited:

There might not have been alerts but there definitely was severe weather. My friend was at Epcot when the weather hit. She said Harmonious was canceled because one of the platforms was struck by lightning.
We have lightning daily and what it hits just depends on where the storm is. If you hear thunder go inside or under cover. Ground strikes are very very common in central Florida. I used to be an Epcot CM and saw SSE hit by lightning more than once. There’s a difference in severity between a typical thunderstorm and one that produces tornados. That’s all I was trying to say. When there is the possibility of a tornado we all get obnoxious (but necessary) alerts on our phones even when one hasn’t been seen yet if the storm is determined to be strong enough.

I was there. No tornado. Wicked lightning though. One bolt struck somewhere in the middle of the lake and scared all of us huddled under the overhang in Italy half to death. The "tornado" in the pic above was not IN Epcot. It was several miles away.

It's a real picture but I have a hard time believing that it was an actual tornado that didn't touch down. I see the term scud cloud being mentioned a lot about this but I don't really know what that is. However, the fact that there was no alert or anything about this makes me believe it wasn't an actual tornado. Disney would 100% be on top of something like that with their weather tracking. There's no way they would just not say anything and possible endanger thousands of guests if that was potentially something harmful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter