• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

topsiders breakfast ?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
What kinds of cereals are available at Topsiders for breakfast? I start ea day with a bowl of raisin bran, coffee and a glass of cran juice. Will I be able to have my raisin bran?

Oh Barb, Barb, Barb, you will be on VACATION, start your day with one of their made to order omelettes! They are to die for! just go to the end of the line and they are set up between the two buffet sides. Our first cruise it took me 5 days to find this out! There may be a line, but it's usually short and they have two people making these so it's worth the short wait!

I know some mornings we'll be eating a big brkfst - Palos brunch, char brkfst - just thinking of something quick on the days when my boys are sleeping and I want to head to the pool.

They make their own crosants. They have "plain" ones - you don't need any butter or jelly - they are great the way they are, adding butter/jelly probably makes them even better. But my favorite are the chocolate filled crossants. The chocolate is between milk and dark so it's nice and rich. There is not a lot of chocolate in them because a little goes a long way. Don't miss having them with your cereal.

I'll second the omletes. They are make for you with your choice of ingredients. They are lots better than what you get at the character breakfast.

They have donuts for those of you who enjoy them. They are cold becasue Disney does not make them. They are brought on frozen and thawed onboard. But they are Krispy Kremes for those who love their donuts. I myself love donuts and don't understand the fuss about Krispy Kremes. I have only had them one time before the cruise when someone brought them to where we were staying. They are just a donut. Maybe if you get them warm out of the cooker they are special. But I digress...

As far as the Palo brunch goes, it is the BEST meal you will have on the cruise. Allow at least 1 1/2 hours, 2 would be better. Take your time and enjoy. There are many many great things to try. Be brave and take some of your servers recommendations. Try the fruit pizza (share one with your partner at least). If you are an early riser and NEED to have a bit of breakfast to hold you over untill brunch, only take a very small amount - because you'll need the room for brunch. Do NOT make your brunch ressis for the day you have the character breakfast - unless you have a lot of will power to not eat anything there (I didn't have the will power!) And for desert, try the lemon merangue pie - no joke - it's like no other lemon marangue you have had before.

in regards to the Palo brunch desserts.

We just got back and did Palo brunch. Wow!!! We were stuffed when it came to dessert so we took our waiters recommendation & shared the fruit pizza.....yummy! Then he showed up at our table with a "swan" and a "basket" made out of aluminum foil filled with 1 each of all the desserts to take with us. He even said "now you can share with your children". Very nice touch, one that earned him a nice tip!! And we kept them in the in-room cooler for a late nite snack.

Try not to miss this if you can at all help it. ;)

I enjoyed raisin bran with soy milk, cranberry juice and a banana every morning in Topsiders/Beach Blanket Buffet and/or Triton/Lumieres! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter