Topolino's - What Did You Like/Not Like

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
Realizing food is based on taste buds and everybody's are different, I am still asking the question....

What did you have at Topolino's that you really liked and what did you try that you would not have again?

Everything we’ve gotten has been great, a little weak on the dessert side, but the ricotta appetizer is a must get every time.

ricotta appetizer is a must get every time.
I would agree on the Ricotta. I don't see the olives on the online menu but I really enjoyed them on prior trips.

For food, I took a risk and ordered the Bouillabaisse and it was amazing. So much flavor. May not be for everyone but we loved it. My wife wanted to trade her lobster pasta for my dish and I politely declined the offer...

We've only eaten there once for dinner but we loved it.

Our favorites were the chicken rigatoni - seriously one of the best things I've eaten on Disney property, the ricotta and the duck confit gnocchi. Though looking at the menu I believe the gnocchi is gone and another duck dish has been added. The only kind of miss for me was my husband got the lobster linguini and it was fine, but nothing all that special and certainly not worth the high price. However it appears that's no longer on the menu - at least the one online which aren't always 100% correct. We also found the cocktails to be delicious. I had the Marseille spritz, and my husband and son were both very pleased with the modern fashioned.

Service was outstanding as well. Our server timed our meal perfectly so that we could go outside and watch the fireworks in between appetizers and entrees.

We also enjoyed the ricotta appetizer and the ratatouille fritter. I absolutely loved the Sole Meunière, but my husband didn’t like the Bouillabaisse at all. He was expecting it to be more like the versions we had in France. YMMV. The next time we went, we both ordered the Sole. We didn’t order dessert. Have a wonderful meal!

We also enjoyed the ricotta appetizer and the ratatouille fritter. I absolutely loved the Sole Meunière, but my husband didn’t like the Bouillabaisse at all. He was expecting it to be more like the versions we had in France. YMMV. The next time we went, we both ordered the Sole. We didn’t order dessert. Have a wonderful meal!
Completely agree about the Sole meunière. It is amazing! Truly A memorable dish

I always loved the pasta dish (rigatoni) but last time we went it was a bucket of salt. We also went for breakfast and it was the 1st time in my life I had to send food back I had gotten the waffles and it was ice cold this was one of our fave restaurants consistently the last couple of years but sadly we are skipping it next trip.

Let me preface this by saying I've eaten at Topolino's about 8 times, and up until this weekend, would always recommend it as one of the best down in WDW.
The menu has been tweaked.
I just ate there on Saturday, 1/27, around 6 P.M.
My wife was unhappy that the warm olives are now gone.
She ordered the ratatouille fritter which was very heavy on the zucchini and only okay. They resembled rectangular hash brown patties and she wouldn't order again. She also had the Brussel sprouts which were so heavily salted that she wondered if they accidentally spilled the salt shaker on the dish. She did not eat more than 2 sprouts and will never order again.
The table shared a few orders of escargot which were very good (and consistently are). They cool quickly, so eat fast.
I ate the bouillabaisse, which tasted fine, but was Luke warm at best. It was not hot as it should be. Seasoning on it was fine.
The rest of the table had a variety of options (there were 6 of us) and the only stand out was the lamb shank. The Rigatoni was not very good, and that's a dish we would normally recommend. Again, too heavily salted. And I emphasize heavily salted.
In the past, we've had much success here, so I'm hopeful that this was just an off night. We have ordered the sole which is consistently good, the filet, also excellent, and the scallops, which are good, not great.
We'll take a break from Topolino's for a while after Saturday night. Like I said, hopefully it was just an off night. But for the price point, you would hope that off nights would be few and far between.

Let me preface this by saying I've eaten at Topolino's about 8 times, and up until this weekend, would always recommend it as one of the best down in WDW.
The menu has been tweaked.
I just ate there on Saturday, 1/27, around 6 P.M.
My wife was unhappy that the warm olives are now gone.
She ordered the ratatouille fritter which was very heavy on the zucchini and only okay. They resembled rectangular hash brown patties and she wouldn't order again. She also had the Brussel sprouts which were so heavily salted that she wondered if they accidentally spilled the salt shaker on the dish. She did not eat more than 2 sprouts and will never order again.
The table shared a few orders of escargot which were very good (and consistently are). They cool quickly, so eat fast.
I ate the bouillabaisse, which tasted fine, but was Luke warm at best. It was not hot as it should be. Seasoning on it was fine.
The rest of the table had a variety of options (there were 6 of us) and the only stand out was the lamb shank. The Rigatoni was not very good, and that's a dish we would normally recommend. Again, too heavily salted. And I emphasize heavily salted.
In the past, we've had much success here, so I'm hopeful that this was just an off night. We have ordered the sole which is consistently good, the filet, also excellent, and the scallops, which are good, not great.
We'll take a break from Topolino's for a while after Saturday night. Like I said, hopefully it was just an off night. But for the price point, you would hope that off nights would be few and far between.
I agree will not be returning for a little bit as well. the amount of salt on the rigatoni was insane when I went as well. and my breakfast was served ice cold

Have dined there several times. Always had a very good meal and very good service. Enjoy watching the EPCOT evening show from the balcony, however the viewing area is small. It can be loud.

For those receiving heavily salted dishes which are inedible, please return and request a credit on the bill. I have an upcoming ADR and I am going to request 'no extra salt'. So ty for that.

For those receiving heavily salted dishes which are inedible, please return and request a credit on the bill. I have an upcoming ADR and I am going to request 'no extra salt'. So ty for that.
I cook with only enough salt to slightly taste, so anything with too much salt would be returned to the kitchen. The only thing I like heavily salted is popcorn, and still not enough to require the use of chapstick. :)

The one time we ate at LC both our poutine and steak were so oversalted that I vowed I wouldn’t go back. I thought it was how they cooked there or something.

It seems to be a problem in many restaurants there apparently.

But that was the only time that it happened to us.

I plan on asking for lightly salted if we ever go back to LC.

We like the olives, gnocchi and ricotta. This has always been our go to restaurant but we were underwhelmed when we went in November (a shocker for us!). Our next family trip is this April and I'm not sure we'll go, as we want to try as many new options as possible. Can't beat the ambiance and views though!

The price! I just can’t justify $45 plus tip for their breakfast…

We've done breakfast & dinner. The dinner was delicious and we asked for a table by the window (early dinner, there were a few empty tables). My husband and I did it for our date night (we tour with teens now). We got the ricotta (I saw it recommended a lot before our 2022 trip) I enjoyed it more than my entree! I got the rigatoni and my husband the filet. Mine was not bad, but i preferred his. That was a nice night/experience by ourselves.

Topolino's breakfast (funny enough the one I used DF to get 😒) was awful. My daughter refused to eat, claiming she didn't trust 'eggs from somewhere she didn't eat every weekend' but I still had to pay for her bratty attendance. My son ordered the egg plate, but he likes his fries eggs almost burnt and the potatoes were seasoned and he refused to eat those too. So he had bacon/pastries. My husband also got the two egg breakfast and I got the sour cream waffle. I inquired about the French toast but she said if you're thinking French toast go for the waffle, it's much better. I did and regretted it. It wasn't anything to write home about and I wish I'd had French toast.

My teens attitudes carried over to the character portion and my husband isn't big into it anyways so I was the one posing with characters at breakfast. Yay inner child! We decided to pack up after that and leave early for the airport, skipping a half park day and basically losing a day of tickets, because I was done with them at that point.

The vibes between the two meals definitely made it more/less enjoyable, but unless you require characters, stick to dinner. More emphasis on food quality imo.

Wife and I ate dinner there a week ago today. We had cocktails before dinner which were well prepared. However, dinner wasn’t worth it for us. While I enjoyed my shank, moist/tendor/taste, my wife did not like the flavor of the filet. I ate it and it had a charred taste which seemed stronger than it should have. FYI, for the vertically challenged folk, if you want to watch Epcot fireworks, go outside early as it will be 5-6 people deep as my wife found out. It’s been a while since we have done a signature dinning experience but the value prop not worth it for us. We need to go back to cali grill to compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter