• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Topolino's Terrace or Flying Fish?

Little E

DIS Veteran
The thread title pretty much says it all. College roommate and I are taking a rescheduled (a la Hurricane Ian) girls' trip next week. We will be staying at Pop and we have reservations for dinner at both TT and FF and we are trying to decide which reservation to cancel. We have not eaten at either location, and both menus look tasty. The day of our reservations will be a HS day, if that matters.

Bonus points if you can recommend what to order at either place. Last piece of info: we eat pretty much anything. We both like seafood as well as beef, chicken, pork, etc, but I have a shrimp allergy. Not epipen level, but itchy lips/throat level, so I simply avoid shrimp. I do not have any kind of reaction from others around me eating shrimp, and I am totally confident in WDW's allergy protocols.

Any advice you have would be fantastic! Thanks so much!!

Can't help with your allergy questions - sorry. But it sounds like Topolinos might be the way to go. We prefer that over FF. And if you're staying at Pop, going to HS, Riviera/Topolinos are all on the Skyliner loop - simple transportation for you. Of course, FF is not that far out of the way with Skyliner (or even walking from HS to Boardwalk). And that assumes your trip is before 1/22 or 23 when Skyliner is down for maintenance. I'd have to check the exact date.

the char-crusted NY strip at FF was out of this world (in case you thought FF was just for seafood), and in our party of 9-10, everyone loved everything they had there.

i can't speak to topolino's for dinner, but have heard good things. if you are dining around fireworks time, i guess you might see from the rooftop, though not sure which way it faces.

We have had multiple good meals at both.
Both have perks.
Flying Fish, you can enjoy the artists on the Boardwalk at night, get a drink at Abracadabar. The scallops and salmon were very good.
Toppolinos, you can watch the EPCOT show from the balcony. The gnocchi appetizer is wonderful. The lamb shank and salmon are very good.

Flying Fish was our second favorite meal from our December trip. Todd English’s Bluezoo was number 1. Topolino’s was ok but I didn’t get all the hype.

@LoveDaisy, this is really good to know. We picked FF, because we've just heard such good things about the food. We picked TT because it's new and we were curious about the ambiance as well as the food.

I've done breakfast a few times at TT and dinner once and breakfast is far more fun. I thought dinner was on the awkward/stuffy side, and everything looked better than it tasted. I love the Riviera but it is pretty sleepy at night and the Boardwalk is far more entertaining if you want to walk around a bit after. We did love the fritto misto appetizer at TTs which was like an elevated veggie tempura at a very reasonable cost.

Topolino's has become my favorite restaurant on property. You're on the skyliner so you can venture to other properties/parks before/after. Riviera itself I gorgeous. You have Bar Riva, bocce courts and view of Epcot fireworks. I'd go with Toplinos! FF is in my top 10, but Topolino's is my #1 lately.

Topolinos is good but Flying Fish is a culinary experience. It doesn't get any better than dinner at FF and then a lap around World Showcase or Crescent Lake to end the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter