• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Topolino's for Two....

msmayor

Finding my beach...
My adult daughter and I are staying at Riviera this fall and Topolino's for breakfast is the only sit-down we're planning (going to take full advantage of Food & Wine!).

We're planning to try to get a reservation on our departure day - so this is a non-park day for us and the time we can take is wide open. Our flights don't leave until late afternoon so we can be first....or last. Since it's just the two of us, and we have the best flexibility, what do you all think are our chances of getting a reservation? It will be day 4 from our check-in...

Just looking on the MDE app recently I have regularly seen 10 minute walkup wait times for Topolino's breakfast - so since you are staying at the Riviera anyway, even if you don't manage a reservation you ought to be fine!

It's def an in demand ADR but if you are up early on your booking day, you might get lucky. If not, just keep checking esp as you get closer to the date. You can also do an adr search engine but sometimes by the time you see the alert that a reservation opened up, it's already been taken. Good luck!

If you can’t find an ADR for 2, try 4. We’re a party of 2 & sometimes have to make the ADR for 4 to get something. There’s no problem having less than your ADR is for when you check in. Sometimes it’s like they think parties of 2 don’t need to eat.

Don't forget that they hold a certain number of walk-up tables for hotel guests as well - so if you don't snag the reservation, you should have pretty decent luck on the walk-up list.

We were there recently for an 8:30 breakfast and there were several empty tables around us.

They also have bar tables and the bar you can sit at. We have walked up a few times at 5 o’clock and plenty of room for quite a while and can get full menu

You'll do fine walking up. I've never been unsuccessful walking up and "under the radar." Sometimes I have to wait a bit, but once the automatron reads the tablet screen and confers with the "seater," a table always materializes.

Don't forget that they hold a certain number of walk-up tables for hotel guests as well - so if you don't snag the reservation, you should have pretty decent luck on the walk-up list.

Walk up tables are not just for hotel guests at any restaurant. Anyone can join the walk up list.

Walk up tables are not just for hotel guests at any restaurant. Anyone can join the walk up list.
Correct - however a certain number of tables are held back from reservations so that registered hotel guests can have *priority* on the walk up list.

Correct - however a certain number of tables are held back from reservations so that registered hotel guests can have *priority* on the walk up list.

That’s interesting. I’ve never heard that before. The announcement last year about resort guests getting access to ADRs that weren’t available to off site guests was related to initial bookings. The details at the time said it was automatic if your resort reservation was linked in MDE & you’d never even know. It didn’t refer to day of ADRs. Also said it was any on site guest, not those staying at that particular resort.

That’s interesting. I’ve never heard that before. The announcement last year about resort guests getting access to ADRs that weren’t available to off site guests was related to initial bookings. The details at the time said it was automatic if your resort reservation was linked in MDE & you’d never even know. It didn’t refer to day of ADRs. Also said it was any on site guest, not those staying at that particular resort.
The hostess at Citricos told me this in September of last year.

Definitely try to get an ADR for the full experience. And if it doesn't work on your 60 days out, keep trying. Spots open up, especially as the date nears and people drop ressies.

As a previous poster mentioned, the bar is available for walk-ups/non reservations for breakfast. Please keep in mind that, from our experience Feb 2022, the characters did NOT stop in the bar area to dance and take photos. (They have a whole song and dance routine; it's super cute.) The hosts warn diners about this before seating in the bar area and it may or may not be on the sign that they put out in the elevator landing. While we were dining, we saw a few adults sitting at the bar.

One thing that I can't remember is whether or not there's an age minimum to sit at the bar. I don't recall children being in the bar area for breakfast, but I also think it'd be such a tease for them (sitting so close to the characters and not getting to meet them, take photos, etc.) anyway so perhaps parents decide not to sit there. Probably not a big deal for you and your daughter, as you mentioned she's an adult, but I just can't recall if there's a 21 yr age minimum. From what it looks like, same menu and everything - just no or limited character interaction.

Anyway, this info is probably out dated now. They've changed the rules about ordering extra items off the menu, etc. so who knows what the latest is.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone....appreciate all the great information.

We'll definitely try for a table and if we don't get anything on our first try, will keep at it. This is the one and only sit-down we'll be doing this trip, and my daughter has been talking about this breakfast since the place first opened. Fingers crossed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter