Topolino Terrace breakfast or Cape May Breakfast?

robl45

DIS Veteran
Done Cape May breakfast a number of times and am staying at the Beach Club in August but its pretty regular and boring so was thinking of taking the kids to Topolino terrace. Is it worth it? Is the food any good and most importantly, am I ubering over to the riviera in the morning or is there disney transportation?

I haven't eaten there yet but I've seen consistently great reviews so far. And they have the skyliner stop at Riviera that you can take from the international gateway If you're going from Beach club

I would probably go before animal kingdom I guess;. Looking at the menu, the food looks very fancy, Can you get regular waffles or whatever? I like the look of the different characters but wondering if its really worth going over just going to Cape May right in the same hotel. Does the skyliner run super early in the morning ?

What time did you go? I have reservations at 10:10. Do you think it’s too late? Debating if I should move it up. Just wondering about the character interactions
It was just my spouse and I- so it was easier than with kids. We had a 7:40 on Sat Am and it was not very busy which meant more character time, very relaxed. I’d go back again for sure, with early reservations again

It was just my spouse and I- so it was easier than with kids. We had a 7:40 on Sat Am and it was not very busy which meant more character time, very relaxed. I’d go back again for sure, with early reservations again
Thanks! We have a 3 year old (she’ll be 4 then). We have late reservations the night before at CRT so was hoping a bit later of a start - but maybe I’ll move it up to 930 if I can and just take a cab/Minnie van from the WL to the restaurant

Does the skyliner run that early, does anyone know? Would i be able to get to a 730 reservation?

We ate at Topolino’s character breakfast and the food and characters were great! We never ate at Cape May but would love to try it someday.

I would probably go before animal kingdom I guess;. Looking at the menu, the food looks very fancy, Can you get regular waffles or whatever? I like the look of the different characters but wondering if its really worth going over just going to Cape May right in the same hotel. Does the skyliner run super early in the morning ?
That's why we haven't booked it; nothing my kids will eat on the kid menu. I would like it but for kids the choices are quite limited given the price point.

Skyliner has been running beginning at 8am, which makes no sense whatsoever given the early DHS hours.

I thought I saw waffles on the kids menu. My daughter usually wants scrambled eggs anyway so that’s on there. I didn’t think the kids menu looked anything out of the ordinary

booked a 740. Its going to be a tough day doing that, then animal kingdom, then swimming, then TREX, then Epcot for EMH, debating whether to just do a cape may breakfast at the hotel. For anyone whos been, how long does it take? Do they queue you up like at Ohana for 20 plus minutes before seating you? We are prety quick eaters, but I don't know if they will be quick. As for the kids referencing the person above, they have mickey waffle dippers and scrambled eggs. Honestly I'd eat the waffle dippers. I'm interested to know what the sour cream waffles taste like as well as the butchers steak if anyone has tried that.

The one thing that irritates me is my son will definately eat off the kids menu here even though he will be 11 when we go, He is already begging me to eat off the kids menu everywhere and I've told him he needs to eat steak every night as I'm paying for dining plan as an adult for him. If we go to this place out of pocket, will they let me do kids for him do you think? Not trying to break any rules, but I know 100 percent he is going to get mickey waffle dippers.

I thought I saw waffles on the kids menu. My daughter usually wants scrambled eggs anyway so that’s on there. I didn’t think the kids menu looked anything out of the ordinary
My comment was aimed more at the limited selection rather than whether they were ordinary or not: scrambled eggs (regular or vegetarian), waffle "dippers", or fruit with yoghurt. That's it. Three things seems a bit limited when you are paying close to $30 per kid. Unfortunately, my kids won't eat those three things, so we'll have to stick to breakfast buffets. Trattoria in addition to waffles and scrambled eggs also has steak and pancakes, both of which my kids like (an an omelet, which they won't--but definitely more variety). BOG has chocolate crepes, french toast, oatmeal, and cereal in addition to scrambled eggs. And then there are buffets which have tons for them to choose from. I just think it's weird that a there is so little at trattoria.

My daughter ate the Mickey waffles without sour cream. She requested that it be made that way and they were very accommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter