Topolino or Flying Fish?

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD and I are doing a quick trip so not too many dining opportunities, so we decided to forego our favorites and try new places. We are definitely doing Tiffin's and also have an ADR at Topolino, but the reviews haven't been very positive lately. Would you swap Topolino and go to Flying Fish instead? It's also on our "new to try" list.

I really feel like dining and food choice is very personal. I know there are a ton of restaurants that have negative reviews that I like and vice versa. I try to stick with our own choices and go with what I think my family will enjoy most. If you want to try both but are hesitant, by all means switch but I'd still pick the place I'm most interested in.

I haven't eaten at Flying Fish, only sat at the bar. What I can tell you is the bar experience at Flying Fish is truly one of the best I've ever had, not just on Disney property, but anywhere. Extremely knowledgeable and personable bartenders who crank out some world class drinks.

Topolino’s is one of the few restaurants I’d eat at if it were down the street from my home.

I haven't eaten at Flying Fish, only sat at the bar. What I can tell you is the bar experience at Flying Fish is truly one of the best I've ever had, not just on Disney property, but anywhere. Extremely knowledgeable and personable bartenders who crank out some world class drinks.
Side question - Did you need an ADR and request the bar or were you able to walk in and sit there?

This was 2018, and during October. We walked right in. I have no idea how busy they could potentially be now.

Tough choice. We have dined at Topolinos our last 3 trips, including April and had wonderful meals all 3 times.
We were finally able to go to Flying Fish in April and it had not lost anything.
I would look at the menus and go to which looks better to you.
We love standing on the deck at Topolinos and watching HarmoniUS. The last time, you were piping in the music.

Hands down Topolinos. Of the many Disney restaurants we've been to post 2020, none have yet to beat the food and overall experience of Topolinos. Hostess/Greeters are Great, Food is Great, Servers Great, Bartenders Great, Views Great.

My family just ate at both in June, and we would choose Topolinos over FF.
Enjoy!

Flying Fish is always good. Topolinos is hit or miss and is the classic Disney restaurant that was great but goes downhill over time.

Both of those are in the just okay category for us. So if those are your two choices, I'd go with whichever one you're more leaning to.

Both are fantastic choices, but I have to say that we have never had a bad meal ever at Flying Fish, both pre-pandemic and since the reopening. I would also lean towards Flying Fish since it would be new to you.

We were at Flying Fish in April at a table not far from the bar. Our server was just ok and as I watched the bartender interact with the guests dining at the bar, I was wishing I was sitting there. The bartenders were excellent and very knowledgeable about the food and drinks. All of the guests at the bar were dining, not just having drinks including a family with a child that the bartender was very attentive to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter