• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Tips For Busy Season

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
What are you top tips for people going to Disney during peak / busy seasons like Christmas, Easter, Jul y 4 and New Years?

We have done a few trips at peak times but mostly we are off season travelers. I am curious to see if anyone has a great tips that the rest of us have not thought of.

We’ve done all the major holidays at some time. Getting there early is key. Do an much as you can before the crowds really hit. We were a party of just adults at the time, so on the most crowded days, we just planned to stay in the park all day. We took our break by eating a long, leisurely late lunch at a sit down restaurant (buffets are best for a long rest). We also got breaks by staking our seats for the parade and fireworks early. Then, we would stay way late, as late as the park was open which can be until 2 or later on major holidays and got a lot done after fireworks. It was exhausting, and we would sleep past noon the next day but made a very memorable way to spend the big holidays. Really no one celebrates them better than WDW.

I would go a step further than just saying get there early because that can mean different times for different people. We go during the summer around 4th of July. Our park days are based on EMH mornings and we go to those parks. So if the MK opens at 8 AM we plan to be there 30 minutes before opening, at the bus stop 30 minutes before that, so we (me) get up at 6AM and pry everyone else out of bed. Breakfast is always in the room. We eat lunch at the park and then back to the hotel where we collapse on a bed or in the pool(me). We head out after dinner to whatever park we feel like (parkhoppers) and ride whatever doesn't have too long of a line. Most of the rides/attractions we do are done in the morning before noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter