• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

Maybe I missed this, but when I log into my DVC and I have a blue card, the only card I see is the temp card that is good for a month. How do I see the digital card, where is that? Thanks

The new digital card is the Magic Mobile pass. You need to download that to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

The details in on the back will show you are DVC and a Y if you are eligible for membership extras. This is what is required now.

There is a video on the website that explain how to do it. They have be moving away from accepting those cards more frequently and more CMs are requiring the new digital pass.

I’m on hold with DVC. 30 min estimated wait. We’d love to go for July 28th 🤷🏻‍♀️

I would love to do it on July 20th but we already have reservation for Trattoria that night. If I can switch them to Friday I am going to buy it for us!!

ETA: On hold to book it!!!

Last edited:
I think the lounge will be very popular. It's close to MK, and I plan on including it on my monorail crawl.

Okay I got it booked for 28th. Was 33 mins on hold to speak with someone. Another 35 mins for her to book it. The lady told me it is a open spread, not item ordering, and runs 6pm till midnight.

Also, 48 hour cancellation. Payment due on check in. Not in advance.

Because you printed it today. They have a one month expiration. My guess is those will be removed at some point.

It doesn’t really matter though because the terms and conditions for TOTWL now require DVC Y as well as the digital membership card. The temporary cards are not the digital card.

But you know all this already.
Are you really saying you can have a card that says access to 8/8 but you can turn up and be blocked. What does that say about DVC and how it is communicating to members?

Are you really saying you can have a card that says access to 8/8 but you can turn up and be blocked. What does that say about DVC and how it is communicating to members?

Well, the rules for TOTWL are all over the website and it says must be eligible for membership magic. IMO, if the new rules are posted, then I would say they have communicated it to members.

It was also in the email they send out to members...and yes, I know some don't get them...that allowed you to link to the website to get more info, not to mention the new info is in the Disney Files magazine.

Plus, those temporary cards are not what is used for perks anymore, even for blue card members. It is the Magic Mobile pass. Even as a blue card holder, if I don't show the digital pass, I can be turned away, just like when I tried to use the copy of the blue card on previous trips this year and most CM's wouldn't take it for discounts any more. They wanted it pulled up from my phone or watch to show the DVC Y....and yes, I know there are some people who had CM's accept it....I just was not one of them.

I just booked the Wicked Wind Down and she verified with me I was eligible and made a point to tell me I must have the new digital card loaded to show that night...I asked about the temporary blue card, and she said, no, that is not enough.

I agree with you that those white cards should be gone...but, just like anything else, when things are subject to change, they are subject to change. And that is exactly what the bottom of the card says.

Again, TOTWL is no longer open to everyone....so yes, I am saying that if you can not produce a digital card that shows DVC Y, then you are not eligible to go up to the lounge.

Last edited:

Okay I got it booked for 28th. Was 33 mins on hold to speak with someone. Another 35 mins for her to book it. The lady told me it is a open spread, not item ordering, and runs 6pm till midnight.

Also, 48 hour cancellation. Payment due on check in. Not in advance.

I just booked for the 20th! What was interesting is we have two rooms booked for the 3 of us at BPK. My friend was on the one room with her son (who is there for a conference) and I was on my own room. We had to move her to my room in order for me to get the two tickets because its goes by # of guests on the owners actual reservation. So, for me to book her, she had to be with me.

I did ask if this would be the same rules if you just wanted to visit the lounge and not reserve a table, and she said in that case, if your party is booked in more than one room on your membership, all guests should be allowed in...but she wasn't positive, so we will have to see how it works.

I am sure people will find out more about how it actually works in three days when it opens!

Last edited:
I am a Direct member but will be staying at Fort Wilderness in August. The Fort counts as staying on WDW property correct?

I am a Direct member but will be staying at Fort Wilderness in August. The Fort counts as staying on WDW property correct?
Yep, FW is a Disney owned and operated resort! You should be able to enjoy TOTWL !

Just to add to this...DVC has now updated the membership identification to remove TOTWL from those not eligible for membership magic. It only indicates pool hopping.

Just to add to this...DVC has now updated the membership identification to remove TOTWL from those not eligible for membership magic. It only indicates pool hopping.
I am hoping that Disney enforces the rules. This is not only the rule. Generally, WDW has too many loopholes or leniency in their rules. I understand that sometime we call them as "Pixie Dust" but we as guest confuse or expect those leniency way too much. I am direct member, and personally do not like TOTWL will be restricted to direct only. I think they should create more DVC venue somewhere else if they worry about crowd. What happened to reunion station? they can open it as DVC lounge with geyser point menu, then open to fireworks and water pageant. I understand that resale does not generate direct revenue to Disney and it is understandable move to entertain direct member more, but they can do different way. I personally say discount for ticket can be applicable to regular tickets for direct but restricting to any venue access(EPCOT lounge too) instead of expanding the venue location is not appropriate in my opinion.

At same time, I really hope Disney should enforce the rules they created. "Just try, it may work" gives much more problem later as people expect those pixie dust as entitlement. And if it works, that exception to the rules will be expected normal by those words spread. I saw so many comments/post everywhere as "when I went there, it supposes not to happen but I could get it. So you should be able to get it" it is just my personal point of view.

I am hoping that Disney enforces the rules. This is not only the rule. Generally, WDW has too many loopholes or leniency in their rules. I understand that sometime we call them as "Pixie Dust" but we as guest confuse or expect those leniency way too much. I am direct member, and personally do not like TOTWL will be restricted to direct only. I think they should create more DVC venue somewhere else if they worry about crowd. What happened to reunion station? they can open it as DVC lounge with geyser point menu, then open to fireworks and water pageant. I understand that resale does not generate direct revenue to Disney and it is understandable move to entertain direct member more, but they can do different way. I personally say discount for ticket can be applicable to regular tickets for direct but restricting to any venue access(EPCOT lounge too) instead of expanding the venue location is not appropriate in my opinion.

At same time, I really hope Disney should enforce the rules they created. "Just try, it may work" gives much more problem later as people expect those pixie dust as entitlement. And if it works, that exception to the rules will be expected normal by those words spread. I saw so many comments/post everywhere as "when I went there, it supposes not to happen but I could get it. So you should be able to get it" it is just my personal point of view.

I think it will be. There have never been any reports of people getting in to the Epcot lounge without showing blue card and ID.

There wont be that many CMs who will be assigned to the podium through the week which Will make it easy to enforce,

The discounts are another issue, So many CMs who just may not realize that by asking “Are you DVC, or an AP holder?” sets up those not eligible to get the discount.

Now, the CMs at MS told me in January that the blue and white cards would be eliminated once they were sure that all eligible members have DVC Y.

Now, they could also just add to the white card ”This card is not valid for discounts, including the DVC AP.

That, along with the DVC ND, would be enough to limit things. But, in the end, it is up to the CM. I have almost always needed to have the correct stuff.

Revisiting Ownership Status Of Top Of The World Lounge

The Top of the World Lounge —TOTWL for short — and the contiguous Observation Area were the last pieces of real property at Bay Lake Tower to be declared into the resort's Condominium Association. In August 2011, after the declaration was recorded by the Orange County Comptroller, I wrote an article stating that “100% of BLT Declared” and that TOTWL is “considered part of the common area belonging to all Bay Lake Tower owners.” The first statement is true but the second statement is not entirely correct.

TOTWL and Observation Area on the 16th floor were declared by Disney as a commercial unit for the Bay Lake Tower condominium. But they were not declared for the timeshare plan for Bay Lake Tower. This is the same approach followed for dining and retail spaces at all Disney Vacation Clubresorts. The original Public Offering Statement for Bay Lake Tower stated TOTWL and Observation Area were not accommodations or facilities of the Vacation Ownership Plan, as those terms are defined by the Florida Statutes, Section 721.05.

TOTWL DIsclaimer 202207

As such, the Bay Lake Tower DVC members have no ownership interest in TOTWL and Observation Area, or in any commercial unit at the resort. Furthermore, DVC owners do not derive any revenue from commercial units.

Since TOTWL and Observation Area are not part of the timeshare plan, Disney can, at its discretion, restrict access to those DVC members who qualify for Membership Extras, i.e.., the blue membership card.

Revisiting Ownership Status Of Top Of The World Lounge

The Top of the World Lounge —TOTWL for short — and the contiguous Observation Area were the last pieces of real property at Bay Lake Tower to be declared into the resort's Condominium Association. In August 2011, after the declaration was recorded by the Orange County Comptroller, I wrote an article stating that “100% of BLT Declared” and that TOTWL is “considered part of the common area belonging to all Bay Lake Tower owners.” The first statement is true but the second statement is not entirely correct.

TOTWL and Observation Area on the 16th floor were declared by Disney as a commercial unit for the Bay Lake Tower condominium. But they were not declared for the timeshare plan for Bay Lake Tower. This is the same approach followed for dining and retail spaces at all Disney Vacation Clubresorts. The original Public Offering Statement for Bay Lake Tower stated TOTWL and Observation Area were not accommodations or facilities of the Vacation Ownership Plan, as those terms are defined by the Florida Statutes, Section 721.05.

TOTWL DIsclaimer 202207

As such, the Bay Lake Tower DVC members have no ownership interest in TOTWL and Observation Area, or in any commercial unit at the resort. Furthermore, DVC owners do not derive any revenue from commercial units.

Since TOTWL and Observation Area are not part of the timeshare plan, Disney can, at its discretion, restrict access to those DVC members who qualify for Membership Extras, i.e.., the blue membership card.
ty

with the new rules for TOTWL, can I still go there for appetizers? I really don't care about watching fire works from there, but we used to stop there for an appetizer. We also don't drink so the 55.00 per person really isn't worth it for us.

with the new rules for TOTWL, can I still go there for appetizers? I really don't care about watching fire works from there, but we used to stop there for an appetizer. We also don't drink so the 55.00 per person really isn't worth it for us.
At the moment, demand for the $55 pre-paid plan appears to be high enough for them to rent out the entire lounge nightly. Those with reservations are guaranteed a table any time before 8:30pm, so they probably can't afford to put you at a table and risk the reserved party showing up before you are ready to leave.

They may let you go up and sit at the bar. There's a small chance it will not be fully booked on a given day, or have cancellations. But those openings could be filled by walk-ups any time after 5:45pm.

If you're staying at BLT, it wouldn't hurt to walk down to the lobby and ask. But if you make any longer journey to visit, I suspect you'll come away disappointed.

If the event is sold out, then when you show up they put you on a waitlist and let you know when you can go up.

We did see a few groups allowed to the bar when others had left but no one without a reservation could get in because it was sold out.

We arrived around 7 pm for our reservation. Our waiter said the first few nights the wait was like 2 hours because people came at opening.

I have read several (SEVERAL) pages of this thread and the questions that I have, I either over looked within the different conversations or missed altogether. I'm hoping someone can help me.
I'm hoping to go to the TOTWL - Villains' Lair on 12/6.
When do we get there to check in? Do we have to get there right when it opens for availability? Is there somewhere that parties are listed that I can check to make sure it doesn't interfere with our plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter