• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Cocktails!

DrJFEG

Disney Fan, Professor, Nerd
Hey folks - headed to Disney in January and looking for the best cocktails in the parks and around Disney Springs...any recommendations?

Must admit when we go to WDW it is more about touring than drinking. The all-inclusive trip in February is when the cocktails reign supreme. :)

We enjoy a cocktail at the Outer Rim in the Contemporary. Our favorite is the Long Island Iced Tea. Not uncommon but made very well, and if you ask they will bring you a nice spicy nut mix, complimentary.

Tipsy Ducks In Love - China pavilion
Citron slush - France pavilion
Tempting Tigress - Nomad Lounge/Tiffins

*Love those Grey Goose Citron Slushies in France to!
*If you like White Russians, try the White Shadow at the Belle Vue Room at BW.
*If you like Bloody Marys, you have to try the Stow Away Mary at the Refreshment Port between WS and FW in EPCOT. It’s a meal!
*Pineapple Dole Whip with Dark Rum at AK
* Most of the drinks at Trader Sam’s are awesome!

As you can tell, I don’t have the same philosophy that B-Ride has. We love trying all the different drinks at WDW. There are so many unique ones!

This link has a few great ideas at WS
https://www.anightowlblog.com/guide-to-drinking-around-the-world-at-epcot/

These are both at resorts and not the parks, but...

My favorite ‘upscale’ cocktail on property is the Ancho Rancho Spicy Margarita at California Grill

If I’m feeling tropical/tiki, a Backscratcher or Lapu Lapu at Tambu Lounge (Poly) are also favorites.

Island Sunset - Tambu Lounge (not as sweet as some of their other frozen drinks like their strawberry daquiri or pina colada)

I am shocked that no one has mentioned it yet, but IMO Nomads Lounge in AK unquestionably has the best drinks on property. My favorite is the Annapurna Zing (gin based) but we quite literally have tried just about everything on the menu and never been disappointed! It also has a great atmosphere that makes you feel like you are light years away from a theme park. We got 2-3 times every trip without fail.

Agree that Nomad Lounge offers amazing in-park cocktails. Definitely worth a visit. A couple of "out of the way" recommendations: BlueZoo at the Dolphin (Epcot resort area - can walk from World Showcase) and the rooftop bar at Capa at the Four Seasons - very creative cocktails, small bites and amazing views.

I am shocked that no one has mentioned it yet, but IMO Nomads Lounge in AK unquestionably has the best drinks on property. My favorite is the Annapurna Zing (gin based) but we quite literally have tried just about everything on the menu and never been disappointed! It also has a great atmosphere that makes you feel like you are light years away from a theme park. We got 2-3 times every trip without fail.

The Annapurna Zing is one of my favorite cocktails as well. I have trouble with a lot of the drinks at WDW because they skew heavily rum-based, which I'm not a fan of. :)

All the cocktails I had in Disney were incredible. I love tasting new cocktails when on holiday so I almost never get something I could get at home. Bear in mind that I love rum, spicy and nutty flavours as well as tropical. I've been lucky at those places:

La Cava del Tequila - Avocado Margarita (Tequila Terremoto Blanco, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus salt rim). I took my drink outside to enjoy Illuminations which was a mistake because as soon as I had my first sip (outside of the bar) I knew I should have ordered a second one but it was too late. So good, and my server was charming.

Nomad Lounge - Lamu Libation (Starr African rum, Cruzan banana rum, guava puree, with tropical juices topped with Gosling's 151 rum float). This place is such an oasis. Small bites, lovely terrace with incredible view, very cosy atmosphere and the theming is gorgeous. The food was excellent there too.

What's on my wishlist for next time (to give you more options!):

Everything on the Cava del Tequila menu! I can't wait to go back.

Jiko - Keoke Coffe (brandy, kahlua, dark creme de cacao, and coffee topped with whipped cream) - sounds right up my alley!

Nomad Lounge or Tiffins - Tempting Tigress (Russell's reserve 10yr bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice dram, tamarind syrup, lime juice)

Hollywood Brown Derby - Nutty Irishman (Baileys Irish Cream and Frangelico topped with whipped cream) or Cafe Henry (Brandy, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and Galliano with a cinnamon-sugar rim) or Alberto Dante's Millionaire Cappuccino (Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Kahlua and Frangelico)

Oga's Cantina - Bloody Rancor (vodka, chile liqueur, spicy Bloody Mary mix, and rancor bone)

Sanaa - Kande Coconut Coolera (refreshing combination of Starr African rum, coconut, vanilla ice cream and orange juice) or Godiva Chocolate Martini (Godiva chocolate liqueur, Stoli vanil vodka, white creme de cacao, and frangelico)

Olivia's Cafe - Rum Runner (Myers's Original Dark Rum, Creme de Banana, Blackberry Brandy, and Orange and Pineapple Juices with a float of Bacardi 151 Rum)

Trader Sam's - Castaway Crush (Leblon Cachaca, Cream of Coconut, pineapple, cinnamon, and fresh lime juice)

Boatwright's - Fireball Cocktail (Fireball cinnamon whisky and RumChata cream liqueur)

Call me traditional but the avocado margarita at Epcot is a must have (maybe a few times per holiday!) It's so refreshing!

Margaritas in Mexico
Tipsy ducks in Love China
Grapefruit beer Germany
Vodka slushy France
Martini flight HBD lounge
Porter or stout beer at Baseline Taphouse

I don’t remember what I picked at Trader Sam’s or the Lounge at POFQ but they were all good.

The Blood Orange Margarita at La Cava is one of my favorites.

I'm also a HUGE fan of the Pina Colava that you can get at most all the bars.

I had some wacky monkey drink at Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. I LOVED that.

The slushies from France.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Dad's Electric Lemonade at 50s Primetime Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter