Main Street Minnie

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm new to the forums, but not The Dis. I've read that some people would be interested in the 7 in 7 returning. I really enjoyed those as well; I would have my notebook and pen ready! What would be everyone's picks for the 7 hotels? Also, what would be your top 3 things you'd like reviewed? As a light sleeper, I'm always interested in how noisy a hotel is, and that is rarely mentioned in reviews, at least in the reviews I've seen. What are your suggestions? Thanks!

I'd love for the 7n7 series to return. I hope that the review includes an actual overnight stay at each hotel. That would allow the reviewer to experience how quiet/noisy the resort is throughout the night and also about how evening and morning park transportation functions.

For suggestions, mix up the types between value, moderate, deluxe and villas:
  1. Old Key West
  2. Port Orleans French Quarter
  3. Riveria
  4. Coronado Springs
  5. All Star Sports
  6. Boardwalk
  7. Polynesian

I'd love for the 7n7 series to return. I hope that the review includes an actual overnight stay at each hotel. That would allow the reviewer to experience how quiet/noisy the resort is throughout the night and also about how evening and morning park transportation functions.

For suggestions, mix up the types between value, moderate, deluxe and villas:
  1. Old Key West
  2. Port Orleans French Quarter
  3. Riveria
  4. Coronado Springs
  5. All Star Sports
  6. Boardwalk
  7. Polynesian
Great suggestions! I was thinking mixing it up would be best too. I didn't realize that some reviews didn't have the reviewer actually stay the night. I just stayed at Coronado Springs and the internal bus system can add unexpected extra time if you don't know to plan for it!

Nah... start with 3 of 3. Keep costs down and gauge interest first. 1 deluxe, 1 mod. and 1 value.

1. OKW - my favorite onsite of course
2. Gran Destino
3. ASM - establish a baseline

Build a crescendo by limiting the quantity. And then do a face-off of the top 3 for value, etc.

I'd like to see some of the latest DVC refurbs in the mix. Maybe they could get DVC resale market to sponsor it with points to offset costs?
1. Boulder Ridge
2. Grand Floridian Big Pine Key
3. Saratoga Springs

Then some moderates/values:
4. Coronado Springs
5. Caribbean Beach
6. All Star Movies
7. Art of Animation (family suite)

I'll challenge this by saying gimmicks from the past need to be left there due to what's happened this summer. Doing a series of shows based on what PW used to do with them doesn't make anybody look good. It's an uncomfortable reference to a time where, behind the scenes, awful things were happening.

Should they find a new way to visit the hotels and critique? of course. spend a weekend somewhere, go to Fort Wilderness and actually try and do all the activities they offer (so many people stay there and miss out on the ranch, archery, smores movie night etc). Do one night on campus and one night off campus and tells us how much better/worse it is.

There have to be other ways to provide the same sort of entertainment without digging up something from a very dirty past.

I think it's more beneficial to spend at least two nights at a resort in order to really get a feel for the place. Check in at 4 and out at 11 really limits the ability to do an in-depth review. Would love to see them do maybe a couple places a month with a two- or three-night stay each. And mix up who stays, so some may be solo, others a couple, and others with kids.

Some good suggestions above. I'd just add that any resort should be booked under an account that isn't associated with the DIS/Dreams. That would limit any special attention that might happen if the resort realizes a review is underway.

I have to agree with Sean here- the legacy stuff has to go….

When the first 7 in 7 happened, it was new, exciting, nobody had ever done it before. Now you can find 500 video reviews of every hotel, and there was even the couple that lived in Disney world hotels for a year straight. It’s nothing special to do a 7 in 7 any more.

Let’s see what the team WANT to do, and support whatever they come up with.

I don't necessarily need a 7-in-7. That seems like a lot of work all at one time! But what I do really want is a new Grand Floridian regular hotel room review. Probably once the construction around the resort is complete though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter