Top 5 things to do most people don't know about?

Go see Yeehaw Bob in Port Orleans Riverside. It's free! I took my 14-year old daughter and 12-year old niece, we really enjoyed singing along.

You don't have to be a guest, it's open to everyone.

DUFFY!!!

I about spit my drink out when i read your signature. That is my number one pet peeve!

1) Pick a pearl at Japan WS in Epcot.
2) Watch Tinkerbell fly from the castle after Wishes at MK.
3) Fast Passes can be used after they expire.
4) Awesome cutting (meat) station at the Tusker House Buffet in AK.
5) Mike and Sully meet and great behind the gift shop at the Back Lot Tour.

For the Fast Passes - you mean I can use them on Tuesday if I didn't get to them on Monday?

We could still hear the conversation in 2010 on the old phone that is now in the hat shop.

MK - Main Street- we found a time there wasn't hardly anyone on main street and could here the vocal and tap lessons at different times. Speaking of Main Street, if you are there really late, there will be 1-3 cast members "drawing" characters with water using their brooms and the little dustpans holding the water. It's really neat and they'll chat with you. Get a cinnamon roll if you like them. oh my goodness! Main St. Bakery has the best ones.

Epcot-Absolutely love the little toy train in the world showcase. Do the Kim Possible no matter your age. DH & I had fun even though the kids had gone somewhere else. Canada-Get the phone numbers for the phone in the red phone booths. We like to call and start a conversation with whoever answers. They don't usually expect it so it's fun for us especially when it's a child.

The Disney Visa thing is in Epcot in Innovations, I believe. You should see the little sign and the line forming.

Take a bus to a resort and look around. We like AKL just to walk around even if we are in a different resort. Go to the Poly and get a dole whip there where the line isn't is long and walk out to the beach and sit down and watch the movie on the beach. Or, walk around the little art shop, or shop, or just walk around. I found old cartoons playing and just sat and watched for a little while.
:love:

The Animation Academy at DHS was amazing! Somehow we never knew about it and just did it this trip. It was so much fun and the whole family enjoyed it. Oh Yeah - and its free!!

we missed this too for our first few trips but now it's a must do!! It's so much fun and they make a great "free" souviner!

Go see Yeehaw Bob in Port Orleans Riverside. It's free! I took my 14-year old daughter and 12-year old niece, we really enjoyed singing along.

You don't have to be a guest, it's open to everyone.

We always stay at POR and he is amazing. He had people doing all kinds of crazy things. :lmao: the drinks are good there too!;)

For the Fast Passes - you mean I can use them on Tuesday if I didn't get to them on Monday?

I wish!:laughing: No, you can just use them at anytime after the return time that day. ;) I have heard rumors that this may be changing but I don't know. :confused3

I also agree that Club Cool at Epcot is pretty neat.

Locating and talking to PUSH - the talking trash can in Tomorrowland! He is hilarious!!!:rotfl:

We love seeing PUSH, mostly because we have made a game of seeing which of us can find his controller the fastest once we spot the can! :laughing:

I think FastPasses are still one of the biggest park secrets, even though they're advertised in the maps, mentioned on TV, clearly marked everywhere, etc etc. Judging from things we overhear each time we walk up an FP line, plenty of park visitors still either 1)think they cost money or 2)don't know how they work. A shame!

The phone booths at UK in Epcot.

407-827-9861 - right booth

407-827-9862 - left booth

407-827-9863 - center booth

I love handing TSM fast passes out to a young family with kids coming through the turnstiles at, say, 6pm, when they're all gone. I usually try to make a point of it to get extra fast passes if possible just for this reason. The look on their faces is usually priceless since they likely told their children they would have to wait a long time or skip it.

These are free experiences (of course, you have to have a park ticket for most of it):

Do Kim Possible in Epcot's World Showcase.

Go and see Rafiki's Planet in Animal Kingdom. This attraction is often overlooked and missed.

Find Hidden Mickeys at the resort and parks. There's hundreds of them to find. Books have beed written about this topic.

Don't miss the live, street entertainment in the parks. All the parks have these shows. You can get the times of the shows from Steve Soares's website.

Go over to the Polynesian one night and watch the electrical parade in the water.

Go to the Grand Floridian and watch the MK fireworks one night.

Could you give more details on this secret meet and greet for Disney Visa card memebers? I am not a member but my sister is and I travel with her all the time.

In Epcot there is a location that Disney Visa cardholders meet and take pictures with Mickey and another character it's in future wold near the fire exhibit Your sister just has to present her credit card

Don't miss the live, street entertainment in the parks. All the parks have these shows. You can get the times of the shows from Steve Soares's website.

Seconding this. Especially Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial at the MK.

Also check out the artisans, like the glassworkers in Arribas brothers in the MK (and Downtown Disney). There's someone somewhere who cuts silhouettes, henna tattoo artists in Morocco, etc.

I thought I'd heard that the Disney Visa meets were no longer-?

across the street from DTD is the largest working sun dial, and its free and open to the public

Epcot - Second vote for the candy lady in Japan. She is absolutely amazing. If you are one of the first ones there, she will make a candy animal in whatever shape you request....at least she did 3 years ago. We caught the end of her show, and my youngest HAD to go back. She was determined to get one. We got there 40 minutes early for the next show, and she refused to budge. It worked. She requested a Pegasus. It was beautiful!

hi, if you look up on chase about disney visa card member, it should give you infor about it. or i'm sure if you ask your service desk that they will know what you are talking about..

i looked it up and it's located at the innovation east center in epcot between the hours of 1pm-4pm. i'm not too sure if you have to make a reservation, but i'm sure that if you call up disney that they will help you in any way.

hope that helps! enjoy! we will be there soon!:banana:

Epcot - Second vote for the candy lady in Japan. She is absolutely amazing. If you are one of the first ones there, she will make a candy animal in whatever shape you request....at least she did 3 years ago. We caught the end of her show, and my youngest HAD to go back. She was determined to get one. We got there 40 minutes early for the next show, and she refused to budge. It worked. She requested a Pegasus. It was beautiful!

There was a thread recently that she is no longer allowed to give her creations away. So I hope no one sets their child up to hope for this. She still makes them but cannot give them out.

hi, if you look up on chase about disney visa card member, it should give you infor about it. or i'm sure if you ask your service desk that they will know what you are talking about..

i looked it up and it's located at the innovation east center in epcot between the hours of 1pm-4pm. i'm not too sure if you have to make a reservation, but i'm sure that if you call up disney that they will help you in any way.

hope that helps! enjoy! we will be there soon!:banana:

No reservation needed. You just go over and there is a cast member standing next to a sign. He or she will request to see the Visa and your name is put down on a list. You may have to stand in a short line, but it isn't bad and you get pics. There is 3 characters in there and you go to as many of the 3 as you want.

My favorite secret thing to do is trade pins with the cast members. :love: My whole family loves it. CMs with pins to trade are everywhere. For example, while waiting for the monorail at the end of the day, trading pins makes the wait fun and you almost forget how tired you are from trying to do everything that you wanted that day. :goodvibes

I buy some pins to trade on our trip off ebay before the trip--much cheaper than in the parks.

We love seeing PUSH, mostly because we have made a game of seeing which of us can find his controller the fastest once we spot the can! :laughing:

I think FastPasses are still one of the biggest park secrets, even though they're advertised in the maps, mentioned on TV, clearly marked everywhere, etc etc. Judging from things we overhear each time we walk up an FP line, plenty of park visitors still either 1)think they cost money or 2)don't know how they work. A shame!

Question about PUSH. I have looked for him on two trips now and have never been able to find him. I check...I think its Steve Soars' website about show times? And he is never around when his time is listed. Anyone have any helpful hints for finding PUSH?

Use Steve Soars as a guide to when PUSH will be in Tomorrowland. Then ask a CM in Tomorrowland at that time if they know where PUSH is. He enters and exits from utility doors near Cosmic Rays. But we have found him near Stich and the old Noodle station. You can often hear his robotic voice above the din of the crowd. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter